Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 30th RAZZIES Choices > OBSESSED
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

OBSESSIVE-Repulsive?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OBSESSIVE-Repulsive?!?!?
    Posted: April 26 2009 at 4:33pm
God#!@it, MWG... Seriously, you do this #@$# on purpose, don't you? You say, "Hey, look, these forums back up my point of view." But YOU don't even read them. I just looked the IMDB forums for this... the first 5 pages. EVERY SINGLE TOPIC WAS NEGATIVE. If they weren't debating that it was a racist movie, the threads were about how terrible it was. This is the same crap you pulled on Watchmen. That's at least 2 strikes. Next time, I officially declare you permanently not-credible.
-Iron helps us play-
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2009 at 12:36am
S-h-h-h, this is that "reality" thing I warned Michaels about. You have to tread lightly around such delicate subjects as the real world... it can have a very negative affect on people.

But, I checked in on this one, and went to the movie's website -- and it had nothing but good things to say about the film! So obviously, that means that it's the most SUPER-AMAZING-WONDERFUL-AWESOME-SPECTACULAR-TERRIFIC MOVIE OF ALL TIME!

...I suddenly feel horribly dirty.
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2009 at 12:42am

Originally posted by JoeBacon

Folks, you're bring back many happy memories I had watching G.L.O.W. over
20 years ago

Oh, then you're going to love the new series "Wrestlious", which will be on FOX sometime in August or September. Think GLOW, but with alot more camp and the worst SNL skits possible inbetween so-so wrestling matches.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2009 at 1:20am
Originally posted by Michaels

Oh, then you're going to love the new series "Wrestlious", which will be on FOX sometime in August or September. Think GLOW, but with alot more camp and the worst SNL skits possible inbetween so-so wrestling matches.

What you describe sounds like a horrible horrible thing...
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2009 at 5:20am

My problem with moviewizeguy is that he's always citing sources that say the opposite of what he thinks they say... or so he says. I hope he doesn't pull this kinda stuff at school.
I'm sure you could probably find a select few who really liked it, and they probably all posted on IMDB... Although, I couldn't find those people. I'm sure you could find a select few who thought that C Me Dance converted them to Christianity, and now are in the running to be the next pope.

Originally posted by CriticalFrank

Shhh this is that reality thing I warned Michaels about. You have to tread lightly around such delicate subjects as the real world... it can have a very negative affect on people.But, I checked in on this one, and went to the movies website, and it had nothing but good things to say about the film! So obviously, that means that it was the most SUPER AMAZING WONDERFUL AWESOME SPECTACULAR TERRIFIC MOVIE OF ALL TIME! ...I suddenly feel horribly dirty.

-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2009 at 9:03am
Citing sources that say the exact opposite of what one says they do... Sounds like someone might have a bright career in politics -- or on Fox News Network....
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2009 at 9:19am

Every single IMDb posting is not negative. Honestly, if you saw the trailer,of course it'll make you make a negative thread about "interracial couples." All of the negative threads were obviously made by people like you who haven't seen the movie. You can basically see the trailer and imagine a troll post "this movie is racist!" like 845984687 new movies released each week.

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

God#!@it, MWG... Seriously, you do this #@$# on purpose, don't you? You say, "Hey, look, these forums back up my point of view." But YOU don't even read them. I just looked the IMDB forums for this... the first 5 pages. EVERY SINGLE TOPIC WAS NEGATIVE. If they weren't debating that it was a racist movie, the threads were about how terrible it was. This is the same crap you pulled on Watchmen. That's at least 2 strikes. Next time, I officially declare you permanently not-credible.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2009 at 10:49am

You can't judge a movie by what people say in the IMDb forum. You don't know for a fact if people have seen the movie or not. That is why I don't trust IMDb -- anyone can post. That's why RT is a better source (and this movie is still a low rating with them).

PS: dEd, I'm surprised you waited this long to say MWG has no creditability. He's had more than three strikes by now, among them: giving "Disaster Movie" a rating higher than a 1, listing "The Ruins" among his top ten of 2008, being on his feet defending "The Happening", championing "Knowing" over "Watchmen", his idea of a good movie is one with a twist ending that "makes you think" ... and has good word of mouth ... and makes the most money, etc.).

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2009 at 12:37pm

You can't judge a movie by what people say in a forum. You don't know for a fact if people have seen the movie or not. That is why I don't trust IMDb, any one can post. That's why RT is a better source, and the movie is still a low rating with them.

PS: dEd, I'm surprised you waited this long to say MWG has no creditability. He's had more than three strikes by now (giving "Disaster Movie" a rating higher than a 1, listing "The Ruins" among his top ten of 2008, being on his feet defending "The Happening", championing "Knowing" over "Watchmen", his idea of a good movie is one with a twist ending that "makes you think" ... and has good word of mouth ... and makes the most money, etc.).

and don't forget his wonderful ability to make up random numbers. I've never seen so many random numbers....
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2009 at 2:39pm

Well, I have my reasons that you obviously ignored. Typical from idiots with low IQ's who try to find the easy way out to a discussion, using the same excuses all of the time. 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: While many (if not most) of the participants on this Forum have disagreed with you and your opinions on a regular basis, moviewizguy, I believe they have done so respectfully and without (at least, for the most part) making personal attacks on your IQ or your worth as a human being. Your posting above, by resorting to name-calling and personal disparagement, suggest it is you who are taking "the easy way out." 

And, if it upsets you so berry much to be contradicted here on a regular basis, maybe it is time to question yourself about your own motives in constantly coming back for more abuse... 

PS: dEd, I'm surprised you waited this long to say MWG has no creditability. He's had more than three strikes by now (giving "Disaster Movie" a rating higher than a 1, listing "The Ruins" among his top ten of 2008, being on his feet defending "The Happening", championing "Knowing" over "Watchmen", his idea of a good movie is one with a twist ending that "makes you think" ... and has good word of mouth ... and makes the most money, etc.).

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2009 at 4:30pm

Originally posted by moviewizguy

Well, I have my reasons that you obviously ignored. Typical from idiots with low IQ's who try to find the easy way out to a discussion, using the same excuses all of the time. 

And once again, it's back to "It's not that I don't know what a quality movie is, it's that you people have small IQs!". The same excuses!? You use the same excuse time and time again, too. "Oh, look at the postings in the IMDb message boards, they can't be wrong". "Oh, the six people I overheard who liked the movie must mean EVERYONE who has seen it, liked it". "It didn't drop 50% in its second week, people must love it". Talk about going to the well time and time again.

I ignore your reasons? Here's your reasoning: you come to forum just to argue with us that these movies that are clearly worthy of our mocking are not, at least by your standards. And when we disagree with you, because we know better since we've been following the movie business for decades, you lash out with insults about our IQs. Now, it's not your IQ I'm insulting, it's your taste in movies. I say this time and time again. But like clockwork, you come back and defend these movies that although they may be "fun" or "entertaining", they are empty fluff and will be forgotten by next year.

So, I'm begging you, please just stop posting here. You can't convince us that these movies that we mock are good, or smart, or whatever. If you want to chat with sheepeople, stick with the IMDB crowd. Thank you.

sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2009 at 4:35pm
To moviewizguy, you think we have small IQ's? Not even close!
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2009 at 4:39pm

You can't judge a movie by what people say in the IMDb forum. You don't know for a fact if people have seen the movie or not. That is why I don't trust IMDb -- anyone can post. That's why RT is a better source (and this movie is still a low rating with them).

PS: dEd, I'm surprised you waited this long to say MWG has no creditability. He's had more than three strikes by now, among them: giving "Disaster Movie" a rating higher than a 1, listing "The Ruins" among his top ten of 2008, being on his feet defending "The Happening", championing "Knowing" over "Watchmen", his idea of a good movie is one with a twist ending that "makes you think" ... and has good word of mouth ... and makes the most money, etc.).

Don't forget, if you go into the Georgia Rule forum, he brought up a debate on how good that movie was, when it was received negatively by many critics.

The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2009 at 11:37pm
No, MWG, I'm talking about people who have SEEN the movie and HATED it. Like I was saying, I think you've got selective reality disorder.
And I'm giving him ONE more chance. But if he's going to keep telling us that if we would just go to "x" site to see just how much people liked or hated a movie, and then the posts on "x" site don't actually support his claim... or in the case of Obsessed the exact OPPOSITE, then he's out, in my book at least. He's got 2 strikes now.
And I'm not even going to respond to the the "low IQ idiots," thing. As we've repeatedly pointed out, he may actually be smart, but it's probably about the same level that many of us were at when we were his age, and I've since gone on to a pair o' bachelor's degrees, learned a couple of new languages, studied politics rather intensely, and a slew of other academic pursuits. I'm MUCH smarter now than I was in High School.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 12:11am
Originally posted by dEd Grimley

No, MWG, I'm talking about people who have SEEN the movie and HATED it. Like I was saying, I think you've got selective reality disorder.
And I'm giving him ONE more chance. But if he's going to keep telling us that if we would just go to "x" site to see just how much people liked or hated a movie, and then the posts on "x" site don't actually support his claim... or in the case of Obsessed the exact OPPOSITE, then he's out, in my book at least. He's got 2 strikes now.
And I'm not even going to respond to the the "low IQ idiots," thing. As we've repeatedly pointed out, he may actually be smart, but it's probably about the same level that many of us were at when we were his age, and I've since gone on to a pair o' bachelor's degrees, learned a couple of new languages, studied politics rather intensely, and a slew of other academic pursuits. I'm MUCH smarter now than I was in High School.

Selective Reality Disorder... You should get that submitted to the DSM for inclusion in the next edition. I think you could possibly use a certain forum troll (Shoot did I just type that... Damn) as a perfect case study. Hell, they might even give you an honorary doctorate for your work in the field. 
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 12:16am

Head RAZZberry wrote:

While many (if not most) of the participants on this Forum have disagreed with you and your opinions on a regular basis, moviewizguy, I believe they have done so respectfully and without (at least, for the most part) making personal attacks on your IQ or your worth as a human being. Your posting above, by resorting to name-calling and personal disparagement, suggest it is you who are taking "the easy way out." 

And, if it upsets you so berry much to be contradicted here on a regular basis, maybe it is time to question yourself about your own motives in constantly coming back for more abuse... 

I was just talking about Michael, and only him. If you see his posts, I'm correct by saying he's repeating himself. He keeps saying the same BS, like I like this and that film, which obviously makes me dumb, and saying the fact that I like ths and that film tht I'm dumb, and using critics as prime factual evidence to show this and that film is bad,even though he hasn't seen the movie himself, not less to say Stephen King actually liked "The Happening" and has "The Ruins" on his top 10 movies of 2008. You see, I can tell what he'll post. He'll usually pick out one of 9480348 movies I like and use the following sentence structure:

"Since MWG likes _______________, he's dumb. I mean, that serves as proof that he's dumb."

or

"MWG loves movies with a twist ending and 'makes you think.'"

Don't deny it. How many posts have he made so far that made fun of my taste in movies? Plenty. It's getting a bit old right now.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>