Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 30th RAZZIES Choices > OBSESSED
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

OBSESSIVE-Repulsive?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OBSESSIVE-Repulsive?!?!?
    Posted: April 28 2009 at 12:20am

Originally posted by sportsartist24

Don't forget, if you go into the Georgia Rule forum, he brought up a debate on how good that movie was, when it was received negatively by many critics.

Yes, and I hated 2001: A Space Odyssey, Blade Runner, and I thought The Godfather films were overrated as hell, that Aliens was the second worse in the series, etc. What's your point? Oh, riiiiight. Just becuase I like ___________, __________, and The ____________, that shows proof about everything??

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 12:26am

Hey, maybe they should give you a Troll Denial Disorder and also add it in the DSM-IV containing all prevous disorders.

See, I can be dumb and a smart ass too. I think you're also developing schizophrenia too. You should check that out. It means that you have these sensations, but without perceptions.

Originally posted by CriticalFrank

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

No, MWG, I'm talking about people who have SEEN the movie and HATED it. Like I was saying, I think you've got selective reality disorder.
And I'm giving him ONE more chance. But if he's going to keep telling us that if we would just go to "x" site to see just how much people liked or hated a movie, and then the posts on "x" site don't actually support his claim... or in the case of Obsessed the exact OPPOSITE, then he's out, in my book at least. He's got 2 strikes now.
And I'm not even going to respond to the the "low IQ idiots," thing. As we've repeatedly pointed out, he may actually be smart, but it's probably about the same level that many of us were at when we were his age, and I've since gone on to a pair o' bachelor's degrees, learned a couple of new languages, studied politics rather intensely, and a slew of other academic pursuits. I'm MUCH smarter now than I was in High School.

Selective Reality Disorder... You should get that submitted to the DSM for inclusion in the next edition. I think you could possibly use a certain forum troll (Shoot did I just type that... Damn) as a perfect case study. Hell, they might even give you an honorary doctorate for your work in the field. 

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 12:30am

I could use another one. I got one for investigating the truth behind "Sexlexia." Turns out Zapp Branagan was on to something. But unfortunately, I'm inclined to say that I don't THINK I made the term up. I'm pretty sure I've heard it somewhere else...  

Selective Reality Disorder... You should get that submitted to the DSM for inclusion in the next edition. I think you could possibly use a certain forum troll (Shoot did I just type that... Damn) as a perfect case study. Hell, they might even give you an honorary doctorate for your work in the field. 

-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 12:32am

Ehhh...from the looks of this, I don't think so. I mean, you could be messing with me. Maybe you are the one that has Selective Reality Disorder, or confirmational bias, for a lack of a better and real term, because you obviously seem to ignore what's on the Obsessed board on IMDb, and also ignoring the fact tht the rating is going up each day.

No, MWG, I'm talking about people who have SEEN the movie and HATED it. Like I was saying, I think you've got selective reality disorder.
And I'm giving him ONE more chance. But if he's going to keep telling us that if we would just go to "x" site to see just how much people liked or hated a movie, and then the posts on "x" site don't actually support his claim... or in the case of Obsessed the exact OPPOSITE, then he's out, in my book at least. He's got 2 strikes now.
And I'm not even going to respond to the the "low IQ idiots," thing. As we've repeatedly pointed out, he may actually be smart, but it's probably about the same level that many of us were at when we were his age, and I've since gone on to a pair o' bachelor's degrees, learned a couple of new languages, studied politics rather intensely, and a slew of other academic pursuits. I'm MUCH smarter now than I was in High School.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 12:34am
Originally posted by moviewizguy

Hey, maybe they should give you a Troll Denial Disorder and also add it in the DSM-IV containing all prevous disorders. See, I can be dumb and a smart ass too. I think you're also developing schizophrenia too. You should check that out. It means that you have these sensations but without perceptions.

TDD, eh? That one sounds like fun. *Slow, maniacal clapping* Well played, MWG... Well plaaayed.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 12:36am

I could use another one. I got one for investigating the truth behind "Sexlexia." Turns out Zapp Branagan was on to something. But unfortunately, I'm inclined to say that I don't THINK I made the term up. I'm pretty sure I've heard it somewhere else.

OMGeee! You made up the word "Sexlexia"! You're so smart and clever! How about "Sexophrenia"?! How about "Sextamental"?! You should totally be the next pyschologist!

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 12:37am
Actually, as I pointed out, I stole it from Futurama. Hence the nod to Zapp Branagan.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 12:37am

Hey, maybe they should give you a Troll Denial Disorder and also add it in the DSM-IV containing all prevous disorders. See, I can be dumb and a smart ass too. I think you're also developing schizophrenia too. You should check that out. It means that you have these sensations but without perceptions.

TDD, eh? That one sounds like fun. *Slow, maniacal clapping* Well played, MWG... Well plaaayed.

And seeing what word you made up is already made with the word "confirmational bias," I don't think you did so well of a job making a term that doesn't exist either. Maybe you should make up more disorders with the word "sex," just because you're so clever with it.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 12:39am

Actually, as I pointed out, I stole it from Futurama. Hence the nod to Zapp Branagan.

Because everyone watches Futurama.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 12:45am
The comment was intended for Frank. I'm pretty sure he got it. My, aren't we teste this morn, young one.

And seeing what word you made up is already made with the word "confirmational bias," I don't think you did so well of a job making a term that doesn't exist either

Please re-read and clarify, I think you must've typed that sentence in haste, because it doesn't make any sense. I honestly don't know what you mean in it.
-Iron helps us play-
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 1:28am

The comment was intended for Frank. I'm pretty sure he got it. My, aren't we teste this morn, young one.

And seeing what word you made up is already made with the word "confirmational bias," I don't think you did so well of a job making a term that doesn't exist either

Please re-read and clarify, I think you must've typed that sentence in haste, because it doesn't make any sense. I honestly don't know what you mean in it.

Don't encourage him... It will only end in more pointless rants... 21y8376413974389732872389423905 of them, to be exact.
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 2:20am
I can't get too down on him for button-smash-statistics. I'm not 100% sure that I didn't start that trend. Button-smash-statistics are pretty sweet, though.
I'm "Obsessed" with them. (Once again, I need to remind myself which thread I'm actually on)
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 2:55am

You made up the phrase 'Selective Reality Disorder.' Seeing that the word is basically "confirmational bias," I said you have failed to make up a word that doesn't exist. You mock my making up the word "Troll Denail Disorder," yet you yourself can't make up a word that wasn't made already, because SRD, basically means that I'm ignoring things on IMDb that contradicts my point. "Confirmational bias" means basically the same thing -- I don't see how much clearer I can get.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 2:58am

Oh, the irony. I'm encouraging you to continue to post here even though I'm not talking to you. If you don't want my rantings, how about not posting here. Oh, wow. That's amazing. I mean, who would ever think that?! Perhaps Cage's acting and cheesy specal effects aren't good enough for you, since you clearly hate CGI, yet movies like "Watchmen" and "The Matrix" will never be made without CGI. Hey, do you want to continue mocking me? 4325344634? Random numbers? Hahaha. You're making yourself look dumb. 

Don't encourage him... It will only end in more pointless rants... 21y8376413974389732872389423905 of them, to be exact.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 3:00am

It's clear that I just have to explain everything to you. Button-smashing is technique to make a point. If I said "3285792387 of people have seen this movie," I'm obviously pointing out that a lot of people saw this movie. Did you get that? Do you want me to explain that you have an IQ of -3448549586734? Guess I'll have to explain that to you too.

I can't get too down on him for button-smash-statistics. I'm not 100% sure that I didn't start that trend. Button-smash-statistics are pretty sweet, though.
I'm "Obsessed" with them. (Once again, I need to remind myself which thread I'm actually on)

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 5:25am

You made up the phrase 'Selective Reality Disorder.' Seeing that the word is basically "confirmational bias," I said you have failed to make up a word that doesn't exist. You mock my making up the word "Troll Denail Disorder," yet you yourself can't make up a word that wasn't made already, because SRD, basically means that I'm ignoring things on IMDb that contradicts my point. "Confirmational bias" means basically the same thing -- I don't see how much clearer I can get.

The comment was intended for Frank. I'm pretty sure he got it. My, aren't we teste this morn, young one. And seeing what word you made up is already made with the word "confirmational bias," I don't think you did so well of a job making a term that doesn't exist either Please re-read and clarify, I think you must've typed that sentence in haste, because it doesn't make any sense. I honestly don't know what you mean in it.

1) I said I may have heard it somewhere, thus negating the concept that I thought I "made up a word." I was using a phrase that I felt fit the situation.

2) I APPLAUDED TDD. One of the more creative things you've come up with.

3) Your initial phrasing of the sentence was so grammatically backwards that it didn't make sense. I honestly couldn't tell what you were trying to say.
-Iron helps us play-
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>