Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 30th RAZZIES Choices > OBSESSED
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

OBSESSIVE-Repulsive?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OBSESSIVE-Repulsive?!?!?
    Posted: April 28 2009 at 5:31am
Originally posted by moviewizguy

It's clear that I just have to explain everything to you. Button-smashing is technique to make a point. If I said "3285792387 of people have seen this movie," I'm obviously pointing out that a lot of people saw this movie. Did you get that? Do you want me to explain that you have an IQ of -3448549586734? Guess I'll have to explain that to you too.

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

I can't get too down on him for button-smash-statistics. I'm not 100% sure that I didn't start that trend. Button-smash-statistics are pretty sweet, though. I'm "Obsessed" with them. (Once again, I need to remind myself which thread I'm actually on)

You really need to settle down today. I know you're getting pounded pretty hard, but you're bringing it on yourself.
Now, as you "make it clear to me," you might want to note that I've just said "I use this technique." I obviously know what it means. I do it often. That was my point.
Also, as you can't be inversely intelligent, I must assume that you mean to use the absolute value of the number you typed. And I believe you've been warned about calling people stupid today, anyway.
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 8:29am
"Since MWG likes _______________, he's dumb. I mean, that serves as proof that he's dumb."

or

"MWG loves movies with a twist ending and 'makes you think.'"

Don't deny it. How many posts have he made so far that made fun of my taste in movies? Plenty. It's getting a bit old right now.

Not as old as my having to keep explaining to you that I'm not insulting your IQ -- yet you're the one who keeps coming back to that as your defense. I don't agree with your taste in movies, or your flawed logic about posting here in this forum to begin with, thus I must be the dumb one. All those "quotes" prove is that you do read my posts, but you draw what you want to see from them -- just as you read what you want to see in the IMDb Forum.

PS: If you want people to stop mocking your taste in movies, maybe you should stop defending bad movies in a message board devoted to mocking bad movies. Just a thought. I know I must have posted that idea "4837650457349587" times (hmmm, that number mashing doesn't do much for me), but it never seems to get through to you...

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2009 at 2:12pm
Honestly, most of these movies on here, MWG's defended too much, including Shyamalan's last two (which were widely considered to be bad movies). Most of them he just thinks weren't as bad as most people think they were. And by most people, I guess he means everyone but himself.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
kelemenmarc View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote kelemenmarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2009 at 1:39pm
I know that many people did not like the film very much, but I ask you not to vote for this movie, than the worst one. The acting performances were not so much good, but because of that so much bad. Please spare this film! I ask you for my mood! There are many other bad films do not hurt this! Thanks. 
FYC:
Worst Movie: The Bounty Hunter
Worst Actor: Johnny Depp (Alice in Wonderland / The Tourist)
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2009 at 1:25am
Don't worry, Kelemenmarc, we've already forgotten about this movie.
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2009 at 1:35am
No, sorry, kelemenmarc, Beyonce's getting a vote from me. However, all my other votes are going to "Transformers 2" ... and maybe a few for "The Orphan", just because.
kelemenmarc View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote kelemenmarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2009 at 12:09pm
Ok Michaels, I don't care Beyonceé, just don't hurt Ali Larter.
FYC:
Worst Movie: The Bounty Hunter
Worst Actor: Johnny Depp (Alice in Wonderland / The Tourist)
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2009 at 1:05pm

Yes! An Ali Larter fan! I thought I was the only one! 

Originally posted by kelemenmarc

Ok Michaels, I don't care Beyonceé, just don't hurt Ali Larter.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2009 at 1:06pm

Hypothetically speaking, which categories would you vote for ORPHAN in? 

Originally posted by Michaels

No, sorry, kelemenmarc, Beyonce's getting a vote from me. However, all my other votes are going to "Transformers 2" ... and maybe a few for "The Orphan", just because.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2009 at 2:47pm
Worst Actress
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2009 at 3:44pm

I'm just saying, if ORPHAN appears on the voting ballot, I may or may not vote for it. Who knows, maybe my hatred for Michael Bay's raping of one of my most beloved childhood memories will overcome my desire to vote for Orphan just because of how much you overhyped it.

But as for Beyonce, there's no may or may not -- she has my vote. STOP APPEARING IN MOVIES, YOU OVERRATED DIVA!

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2009 at 11:28am

Um, you mean IMDb where its current rating is 3.6 out of 10? Or how about RT, where its current rating is 29%. Sure, it made close to $30 million this week, but next week, it will just barely make it into the top five. Yep, it's as one sided as a 500 lb. man on a seesaw opposite a 90 lb. weakling, this movie is ripe for a razzing. Seriously, if you want girl fights, stick to women's pro wrestling.

Well, box office is added and I would like to say that the film remained on the top 5 for 4 weeks. Just saying...*waiting for Michaels' excuse on how people have bad tastes in movies*
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2009 at 11:33am
My review: 6/10

Derek is an investment brokerage hot-shot married to Sharon, a one-time temp as well as the mother to their son. Further temptation arrives in the form of Lisa, who sets her blonde ambitions on Derek from day one. Sharon is wary but Derek remains a model of marital fidelity in the face of Lisa's repeated flirtations. But when Derek rejects Lisa's sexual advances at the company Christmas party, it leads her downward spiral of romantic obsession.

I like to watch a bad, cheesy, campy, trashy movie every once in a while because I'm that type of person. This is why I watched OBSESSED, an exploitative, more trashy (although not a better) version of FATAL ATTRACTION. However, although a huge similarity to FATAL ATTRACTION, I'd like to give credit to OBSESSED for not borrowing every single idea in that film.

For example, in this film, the husband doesn't want to have sexual relations with the temp, which caught me by surprised because I was sure he was going to get the bait. Also, the wife has a bigger role in this film, which, in this case, is a VERY good thing (trust me). The performances in here are generally decent, although there are some moments of badness. Idris Elba does good job in his role while Beyoncé Knowles is, more or less, sufficient enough. However, Ali Larter does a pretty great job as the crazy psycho.

The film is pretty predictable but so what, I'm sure nobody going into this film are crazy enough to find an original story. I know I didn't. It's for the trashy entertainment and when the last 20 minutes are played, it makes the whole movie well worth watching because the cat fight between Knowles and Larter surpassed my expectations. And no, it isn't your ordinary 30 second cat fight. It's played and shot so well you're willing to forgive the faults throughout the film.

Overall, the film is decent enough for a watch. There are some moments of laugh-inducing moments, whether or not they were intentional isn't really relevant. The film also has some decent performances and some good things added to the FATAL ATTRACTION story. However, the last 20 minutes or so really do make the movie. I think it's the reason why people went to see this movie in the first place, which, I'd like to say, did not disappoint at all. Go see it if you'd like to be entertained.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2009 at 11:37am

[QUOTE]PS: If you want people to stop mocking your taste in movies, maybe you should stop defending bad movies in a message board devoted to mocking bad movies. Just a thought. I know I must have posted that idea "4837650457349587" times (hmmm, that number mashing doesn't do much for me), but it never seems to get through to you...

Why would I stop defending "bad" movies? This just shows you don't respect anyone's opinions. Forums are to express DIFFERENT opinions, whether the main intent of the forums could be for poking fun of "bad" movies or praising "good" movies. This allows people to DISCUSS about the said films from the differing opinions.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2009 at 12:56pm

Originally posted by moviewizguy

Why would I stop defending "bad" movies? This just shows you don't respect anyone's opinions. Forums are to express DIFFERENT opinions, whether the main intent of the forums could be for poking fun of "bad" movies or praising "good" movies. This allows people to DISCUSS about the said films from the differing opinions.

Gee, I don't know, because when you give ratings of 6 to 9 out of 10 to EVERY movie that's listed on this forum when they should be MUCH lower, it kinda tells us you're not really the best judge of movies so it's hard to take your opinion seriously.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2009 at 6:22am
When I see MWG make 4 separate posts on a subject like this, I think it's just time to tune out. But yea, if it weren't for this 6/10, I'd have said he goes from 8-10/10. That's all I'd seen before this.
-Iron helps us play-
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>