Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 30th RAZZIES Choices > OBSESSED
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

OBSESSIVE-Repulsive?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OBSESSIVE-Repulsive?!?!?
    Posted: April 24 2009 at 11:00am
Screw the shark tank, I'm thinking Beyonce should be powerbombed into a fridge, and then that fridge be nuked to prove once and for all how that scene just doesn't work in reality.
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2009 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Michaels

Screw the shark tank, I'm thinking Beyonce should be powerbombed into a fridge, and then that fridge be nuked to prove once and for all how that scene just doesn't work in reality.

Ok... so how about a compromise? We powerbomb her, through the shark-infested table that happens to be on fire, into a fridge that is underneath it, and then Nuke that fridge?
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2009 at 5:57am
Friday estimates show this movie made $11 million, meaning that Beyonce
is showing some star power, but chances are that it won't make much after
that depending on the word of the mouth.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2009 at 10:42am

Originally posted by movieman

Friday estimates show this movie made $11 million, meaning that Beyonce
is showing some star power, but chances are that it won't make much after
that depending on the word of the mouth.

Well, depending on word of mouth, I'm sure people loved the movie. It's hard not to like a movie like this.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2009 at 4:29pm

Originally posted by moviewizguy

Well, depending on word of mouth, I'm sure people loved the movie. It's hard not to like a movie like this.

Oh I beg to differ. When the highlights of the trailer are a woman in a her underwear and two girls cat fighting, something which you can find anywhere on the Internet, it can be very easy to hate. It's being ripped apart at RT. Add this along side "Street Fighter: Chung-Li" and "Dragonball" as the first top contenders of the year.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2009 at 7:10pm

Oh I beg to differ. When the highlights of the trailer are a woman in a her underwear and two girls cat fighting, something which you can find anywhere on the Internet, it can be very easy to hate. It's being ripped apart at RT. Add this along side "Street Fighter: Chung-Li" and "Dragonball" as the first top contenders of the year.

Yeah, I saw that post, and I KNEW that you would be in before long to reply. S'why I had to wait, I wanted to see how long it took you, Almost hit 6 hours, which is a little longer then I had originally guessed, but still fairly quick all things considered.

This film was one of those films that I saw the trailer for, and was pretty much immediately turned off the film. It gave me the same vibe I got when I saw the trailer for "Perfect Stranger" that awful Halle Berry/Bruce Willis "thriller" from a few years back. I made the mistake of actually watching that one when it came out... and after getting that same feeling watching this trailer, I knew I had to stay away.

I'm a masochist when it comes to movies, but this one didn't even look awful enough to at least be somewhat interesting... glad I skipped it.
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2009 at 7:22pm

Hey, sarcasm! Wait... that was sarcasm, right? Please tell me that was sarcasm. Again, the urge to see a chick fight like this can be quelled by watching pro-wrestling. You're not getting Ali Larter sending a guy PG-13 pictures of herself to her boss, but the girls are probably as attractive, at least. And wearing less than Ali in those pictures.
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2009 at 2:37am

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Hey, sarcasm! Wait... that was sarcasm, right? Please tell me that was sarcasm. Again, the urge to see a chick fight like this can be quelled by watching pro-wrestling. You're not getting Ali Larter sending a guy PG-13 pictures of herself to her boss, but the girls are probably as attractive, at least. And wearing less than Ali in those pictures.

Yes, I was going to point out if you want to watch chick fights, just watch women's pro wrestling. Total Nonstop Action on Spike TV or the Shimmer: Women's Wrestling on DVD should due.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2009 at 2:48am
Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Umm...go to IMDb right now and you'll see many posts tat people had one of the most fun times in a movie theater while watching this movie. I doubt it'll have a bad word-of-mouth.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2009 at 5:36am

Umm...go to IMDb right now and you'll see many posts tat people had one of the most fun times in a movie theater while watching this movie. I doubt it'll have a bad word-of-mouth.

Um, you mean IMDb where its current rating is 3.6 out of 10? Or how about RT, where its current rating is 29%. Sure, it made close to $30 million this week, but next week, it will just barely make it into the top five. Yep, it's as one sided as a 500 lb. man on a seesaw opposite a 90 lb. weakling, this movie is ripe for a razzing. Seriously, if you want girl fights, stick to women's pro wrestling.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2009 at 6:56am

Um, you mean IMDb where its current rating is 3.6 out of 10? Or how about RT, where its current rating is 29%. Sure, it made close to $30 million this week, but next week, it will just barely make it into the top five. Yep, it's as one sided as a 500 lb. man on a seesaw opposite a 90 lb. weakling, this movie is ripe for a razzing. Seriously, if you want girl fights, stick to women's pro wrestling.

Shhhh. Don't go trying to inject reality into things, we've all seen how well that has worked in the past. Just because only 6 of the 21 reviews on RT are positive, doesn't mean that the critics hated the film. And just because it got a 3.6 on IMDB after tallying some 352 votes, that is obviously meaningless.

So very happy that Wolverine is coming next week to slaughter this movie.... and pretty much every other movie on the list...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2009 at 8:03am
Originally posted by CriticalFrank

Shhhh. Don't go trying to inject reality into things, we've all seen how well that has worked in the past. Just because only 6 of the 21 reviews on RT are positive, doesn't mean that the critics hated the film. And just because it got a 3.6 on IMDB after tallying some 352 votes, that is obviously meaningless.

So very happy that Wolverine is coming next week to slaughter this movie.... and pretty much every other movie on the list...

Or don't mention the fact that IMDb has all HSM films, any titles with the name Hannah Montana, the Jonas Bros, and Beyonce, with very low ratings. Oh, and, of course, everyone who voted have seen the movie.  Like I said, go to the message boards to see what people are really saying about the film.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2009 at 9:33am

Or don't mention the fact that IMDb has all HSM films, any titles with the name Hannah Montana, the Jonas Bros, and Beyonce, with very low ratings. Oh, and, of course, everyone who voted have seen the movie.  Like I said, go to the message boards to see what people are really saying about the film.

Yes, because no one goes to a message board and posts opinions who hasn't seen a movie. And message boards would in ABSOLUTELY no way be a great place for movie executives to "insert" people to talk up a movie. Yeah, stuff like that is just insane.

Not to mention, the people that hated the movie might not want to relive the horror they just experienced, and decide that the easiest route would be to give the film a simple rating, and then move on with their lives.

Best bet, is to stick with the RT critic consensus, and look at that, since you will get a relatively diverse set of views. And sometimes, you just have to realize, that just because YOU liked a movie, doesn't mean that everyone else has to. For example, I loved The Soloist, but I can accept that there are people that didn't. It doesn't bother me that RT has it listed with a mere 61%. I can understand that other people will have different taste in movies.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2009 at 11:07am

Originally posted by CriticalFrank

Yes, because no one goes to a message board and posts opinions who hasn't seen a movie. And message boards would in ABSOLUTELY no way be a great place for movie executives to "insert" people to talk up a movie. Yeah, stuff like that is just insane.

Not to mention, the people that hated the movie might not want to relive the horror they just experienced, and decide that the easiest route would be to give the film a simple rating, and then move on with their lives.

Best bet, is to stick with the RT critic consensus, and look at that, since you will get a relatively diverse set of views. And sometimes, you just have to realize, that just because YOU liked a movie, doesn't mean that everyone else has to. For example, I loved The Soloist, but I can accept that there are people that didn't. It doesn't bother me that RT has it listed with a mere 61%. I can understand that other people will have different taste in movies.

Or the fact that much like this message board only counts for a small percent of Razzie voters (or non-voters who post here just for the sake of arguing with us ), IMDb doesn't account for the entire movie going public. So, step one: put Beyonce into a fridge and nuke it, and step two: start writing "Obsessed" in every spot of the voters' ballots. 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2009 at 11:13am

Or the fact that much like this message board only counts for a small percent of Razzie voters (or non-voters who post here just for the sake of arguing with us ), IMDb doesn't account for the entire movie going public. So, step one: put Beyonce into a fridge and nuke it, and step two: start writing "Obsessed" in every spot of the voters' ballots. 

Step 3: Profit?
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2009 at 4:14pm
Folks, you're bring back many happy memories I had watching G.L.O.W. over
20 years ago
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>