Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > HAPPILY N'EVER AFTER
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Official Site for N’EVER AFTER

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official Site for N’EVER AFTER
    Posted: January 03 2007 at 12:44pm
Wanna see what a third generation Xerox of SHREK looks like? This LINK, to the Official Site for HAPPILY N'EVER AFTER, will magically show you!
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
michaelwilco View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote michaelwilco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2007 at 6:35am
Oh dear.  Um...yes, well...I think that sort of stuff has been run past us before, and the Talking Animals are getting almost as ...cutsie-poo doesn't REALLY express it...as the Sidekicks of Saturday morning in the 70's.
      This isn't to say that with an effort towards good animation, MUCH better timing; say, between Shrek 1 and 2, and taking out the cute loser animals and some probable script tightening...it might have been adequate.

What makes or breaks this genre is familiarity with the original tales and apreciation of the effort that it took to make the film.

No effort from them, no apreciation from us

I wanted a trendy signature, but I wasn't fast enough.
YellowLight View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote YellowLight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2007 at 4:27am

What distinguishes a movie like Shrek is that they've managed the trick of taking a story that's entertaining for kids, and overlaying it with a veneer of irony and pop-culture references that adults can enjoy [I'm not sure what movie started down this path of two-level sophistication, but the Shrek franchise has managed it quite well so far].

It's actually possible this movie will entertain kids, while alienating adults whose expectations are higher than they used to be.  I showed the trailer to my kids, and they were interested...we'll just have to figure out who has to take them to see it.

Post Reply Post Reply