Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > SHREK FOREVER AFTER
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Ogre-Staying Their Welcome?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ogre-Staying Their Welcome?!?!?
    Posted: May 15 2010 at 9:47am
LIKE MANY PEOPLE, WE FOUND the FIRST SHREK FILM PERT-NEAR PERFECT...  

FOR a SEQUEL, SHREK 2 WAS STILL PRETTY GOOD...  

BY SHREK THE THIRD, WE COULD SEE WHERE THINGS WERE GOING -- DECIDEDLY DOWNHILL... 

and SINCE HOLLYWOOD SIMPLY CANNOT RESIST BEATING a GOOD (and HIGHLY PROFITABLE) FRANCHISE into the GROUND, WE NOW HAVE...SHREK 4: SHREK 4-EVER

MOST of the VOICE-OVER TALENT from the PREVIOUS FILMS (INCLUDING MULTIPLE RAZZIE® "WINNERS" MIKE MYERS and EDDIE MURPHYARE BACK, STILL CLINGING to THIS GREEN GRAVY TRAIN LIKE SO MANY IRISH HOBOs, HOPING to RIDE THAT ONE MORE MILE. AND, IN an INDICATION of HOW DESPERATELY NEW-IDEA-FREE THIS SEQUEL's CREATORS ARE, ITS PLOT IS a BLATANT "HOMAGE" (FRENCH for RIP-OFF!) of THAT MOST FREQUENTLY "HOMAGED" of MOVIE CHESTNUTS, IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE.

THE ONE THING HERE MANY a MOVIE-GOER WILL FIND THEMSELF CLINGING TO IS the IMPLIED PROMISE in the FILM's SUB-TITLE: "THE FINAL CHAPTER."  

HERE'S HOPING for ONCE, HOLLYWOOD KEEPS a PROMISE... 

MURPHY: "Okay, the first person who sez I've been 
typecast as an ass gets a RAZZIE® shoved up theirs!!"
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2010 at 11:28am
Why did this have to become the last  of the Shrek series!?  
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2010 at 12:03pm
I was disappointed by part 3. That was really bad compared to the first two. Shrek 2 is as good as, if not better, than the first and the first was a modern masterpiece, IMO. This one doesn't look too good seeing the early reviews.  

RESPONSE From Head RAZZberry: Congratulations, moviewizguy -- See, it's not impossible to admit something "disappointed" you. And, in other news, I agree with you (for once) in your appraisal of the three previous SHREK movies...
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2010 at 3:35pm
Clap  #1: For that laugh-out-loud funny picture caption. 

#2. For choosing this movie as the worst of the week. It screams "We're just doing this one for the money". The third movie was nothing special and would have been a good finale. But NOOOOO ... we have to try to go for the quick cash-in and make a fourth movie. Yes, a fourth movie, traditionally the worst in a movie series. And a rip-off of "It's A Wonderful Life", which has become a Hollywood cliche in its own right! So sad. 

I hope this bombs. "How To Train Your Dragon" should remain the best animated feature of the year.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2010 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

"How To Train Your Dragon" should remain the best animated feature of the year.

What about Toy Story 3?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2010 at 7:48am
What about Toy Story 3?? Truth be told I never really cared about that series, and this latest entry is yet another example of  "Let's cash in on something that hasn't had a sequel in over a decade!"
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Julianstark View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Julianstark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2010 at 9:09am
I've actually read that Toy Story 3 has played very well at certain screenings. Some have gone as far as to use the word "brilliant" to describe the film. However, I do think that How to Train Your Dragon will end up being this year's best animated film (it's my personal favorite film of the year so far)
For Your 2010 Razzie Consideration: The Bounty Hunter and Leap Year --
Check out my blog! Movies and Other Things
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2010 at 6:02pm
Woah, woah. I wouldn't go that far for bashing Pixar. Their only sequel have been Toy Story 2 and that was better than the first film (IMO) and one would think the same for Toy Story 3. Early screenings say that it's as brilliant as all the other Pixar films.  

What about Toy Story 3?? Truth be told I never really cared about that series, and this latest entry is yet another example of  "Let's cash in on something that hasn't had a sequel in over a decade!"
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2010 at 6:29pm
I'ma be the wet blanket and say without pause that I've never liked any of the Shrek movies. I'm not really big on any Pixar or CGI anything, though. Toy Story 2 was the last time, and even then, I think it was just kinda that it wasn't what I was expecting it to be. Since then, just... nothing. They do nothing for me. At least the kiddy-friendly kind, I still kinda liked Battle for Terra.
Shrek 4 seriously looks only as dumb as the non-Pixars that've come out, and I think they all should be getting 20%'s.
And there's my Debbie-Downer 2 Cents on that.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2010 at 6:55pm
I'm not saying Toy Story 3 is going to be bad; I just don't care. And of course it will make money because of 3-D surcharges. I'm also hoping it doesn't get the Best Animated Feature Oscar.  

Originally posted by moviewizguy

Woah, woah. I wouldn't go that far for bashing Pixar. Their only sequel have been Toy Story 2 and that was better than the first film (IMO) and one would think the same for Toy Story 3. Early screenings say that it's as brilliant as all the other Pixar films.
Gregory View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gregory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2010 at 10:28pm

If I'm not wrong, Eddie Murphy made history by earning a Bafta nomination for Best Supporting Actor for his voice-over work in Shrek.

Could he get a Razzie nomination for Worst Supporting Actor for Shrek 4?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2010 at 2:51am
You have a good point there. Has anyone gotten a Razzie nod for his/her in an animated movie? Has an animated movie ever gotten Razzies nods for anything?  

Originally posted by Gregory

If I'm not wrong, Eddie Murphy made history by earning a Bafta nomination for Best Supporting Actor for his voice-over work in Shrek.
Could he get a Razzie nomination for Worst Supporting Actor for Shrek 4?
Headbanger14 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Headbanger14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2010 at 12:55pm
Star Wars: Clone Wars ring a bell perhaps? I actually think Shrek 4 looks better than Part 3 but I honestly doubt it's neccessary. It's just another money-grubber. I'm waiting for Toy Story 3.  

[QUOTE]
You have a good point there. Has anyone gotten a Razzie nod for his/her in an animated movie? Has an animated movie ever gotten Razzies nods for anything?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2010 at 3:26pm
One of the jokes that I loved in the trailer was the word play in "catastrophe" and "redonkulous." It's so stupid that it's so funny. Oh, and the movie is actually crawling up in RT. Some are calling it the best sequel, the first great summer film, and putting the series back on its track after part 3.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2010 at 3:40pm
Ah, yes, for Worst Sequel, Remake or Rip-off. "Indiana Jones 4" blocked Star Wars: Clone War. Hmmm, two George Lucas movies in the same catagory, perhaps that's a clue.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2010 at 3:44pm
1. The cat and donkey jokes just prove how low thw series has gone, to the point they are doing Saturday morning cartoon quality jokes ... and then laughing at them. What are they, Bob Saget? 

2. The best sequel? Doubtful. First great summer movie? Highly questionable. Putting the series back on track? Ah, it's the FINAL movie of the series ... unless you count the Puss and Boot spin-off ... ugh! 

Originally posted by moviewizguy

One of the jokes that I loved in the trailer was the word play in "catastrophe" and "redonkulous." It's so stupid that it's so funny. Oh, and the movie is actually crawling up in RT. Some are calling it the best sequel, the first great summer film, and putting the series back on its track after part 3.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>