Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > SHREK FOREVER AFTER
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Ogre-Staying Their Welcome?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ogre-Staying Their Welcome?!?!?
    Posted: May 19 2010 at 8:04am
I saw the first (and best) two Shrek films, but I have never seen the third due to weak reviews, word of mouth, etc.  I doubt I'll see this either, though I don't think it will go to the point of NukeNuking the FridgeNuke like Indy 4 did.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2010 at 11:43am
Yep, the first two are the only ones you really need to see. Then again, that goes for just about EVERY movie series!  
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2010 at 9:33am
Adam Sandler, nominated for 8 CRAZY NIGHTS. 

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Has anyone gotten a Razzie nod for his/her in an animated movie? Has an animated movie ever gotten Razzies nods for anything?

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Further diluting the presence of animated work among RAZZIE® Nominations to date, Sandler's 2002 Worst Actor nod for 8 CRAZY NIGHTS was a multi-title nom, and was also for his work in the heinous, "dorkified" remake of MR. DEEDS... 
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2010 at 1:26pm
Ah, true. But again, Razzie nods for animated movies almost never happen...  
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2010 at 1:03pm
Although I didn't, most of my classmates liked Mr. Deeds and Eight Crazy Nights. Sadly, they L-O-O-O-VE Adam Sandler movies.  
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2010 at 9:56pm
It is sad that anybody loves Adam Sandler. It is a good thing though that they are "classmates," which means they will grow out of their love of him soon.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2010 at 7:40am
I think Sandler has this certain quality that makes people like him, although he is sometimes immature. I don't find him annoying.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: "Sometimes immature"??  Sandler has  been immature for about 90% of his entire screen career...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2010 at 7:46am
Sandler's appeal is the same reason people were stupid enough to vote for George W. Bush twice --It's the "oh, he's dumb and immature, just like me, so I relate to him." thing. In other words, anyone over the age of 21 should recognize Sandler for the one-trick pony that he is.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2010 at 12:29pm
I just came home seeing this film not expecting much but I'm blown away. I think it's a really fantastic film and I prefer this to be the ending of the series rather than part 3. I thought this film is the most mature one in the series seeing how everything is taken seriously and that there are many moments of drama. Still, there are some funny, funny jokes here. Maybe the only complaint I had is that the climax battle is kinda weak, much like Iron Man 2. Still, I think it's a very good film and Dreamwork's marketing for the film is misleading. 8/10
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2010 at 7:32pm
Honestly, the series should have ended with #2, or #1 for that matter, but you know there's no limit to Hollywood's greed.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 3:14pm
No wonder it's nominated for the People's Choice Awards for "Favorite Family Movie".But it's against TOY STORY 3.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 7:38pm
I don't mind this movie. It's merely average. Move along! No RAZZIES to nominate this for here.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Vits

No wonder it's nominated for the People's Choice Awards for "Favorite Family Movie".But it's against TOY STORY 3.
Yeah, "TS 3" for the easy win.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2010 at 3:20pm
It has been announced that only 3 movies will be up for the Oscar for "Best Animated Feature".This is among the contenders.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2010 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Vits

It has been announced that only 3 movies will be up for the Oscar for "Best Animated Feature".This is among the contenders.

Is this listed somewhere? Where did you find this out? Or did you just logically deduce this because it's an animated movie released in 2010?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2010 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

Is this listed somewhere? Where did you find this out? Or did you just logically deduce this because it's an animated movie released in 2010?
Yeah, I'd like to know what Vits' sources are, or if he is just randomly going down a list of every animated movie that came out this year and GUESSING that by default, they are up for consideration. I'm thinking the latter.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>