Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > LIFE AS WE KNOW IT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Oh, Baby! ANOTHER Non-Funny Rom/Com...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oh, Baby! ANOTHER Non-Funny Rom/Com...
    Posted: October 04 2010 at 10:20am
LIFE AS WE KNOW IT IS a PURPORTED "COMEDY" WHICH BEGINS with the HILARIOUS IDEA of a SIX MONTH OLD BABY LOSING BOTH of HER PARENTS in a CAR CRASH...WE CAN HEAR the LAUGHTER RESOUNDING ALREADY! 

THIS FILM THEN COMPOUNDS the ERROR of ITS HORRIBLE PREMISE by CASTING 2 LEAD ACTORS WHO, BETWEEN THEM, HAVE ALREADY STUNK UP the SCREEN TWICE THIS YEAR: KATHERINE HEIGL (SERIOUSLY in the RUNNING for WORST ACTRESS THIS YEAR for KILLERS) and JOSH DUHAMEL (WHO MAY LUCK OUT and NOT MAKE the FINAL CUT for WORST ACTOR of 2010 for the HEINOUS-BUT-BARELY-SEEN WHEN IN ROME). AND AS IF THAT's NOT ENOUGH to EARN IT a SLOT on OUR FORUM, THIS FILM's TRAILER IS OVER-FULL with DIRTY DIAPER and BABY POOP JOKES -- WHICH PRACTICALLY BEG for a REJOINDER. BUT EVEN WE ARE ABOVE SUCH an OBVIOUS CHALLENGE...at LEAST UNTIL WE POST the CAPTION on the PHOTO BELOW! 

NOW IT's YOUR TURN to POOP ALL OVER 2010's 210th INEXCUSABLY INEPT "ROM/COM." SUGGESTION: YOU MIGHT WANNA GULP DOWN SOME CASTOR OIL BEFORE HEADING for the KEYBOARD...

GUEST to HEIGL: "You have sh*t on your face!"  

HEIGL: "Are you talking to me...or quoting from the 
reviews??"  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2010 at 11:26am
Life as We Know It - Has brought the genre to an end
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2010 at 11:47am
Wow! It's like Heigl is working overtime to get that Worst Actress nod, and put the final nail in the coffin of the rom/com genre!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2010 at 12:51pm
Having worn diapers until age 4.7, I take it personally when diapers are involved in a film that fails so badly the RAZZIES tag it!   

Katherine Heigl has now failed 4 times in a row (quadrice?): 27 Dresses, then The Ugly Truth (the #20 worst film of 2009), then Killers...and now this. 

Why didn't she stick with Grey's Anatomy, if that's the source of all her acclaim in the past half-decade? 

And were there really 209 romantic comedies since New Year's Day 2010?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Not by actual count, it just seems that way! Actually, you caught me using hyperbole to emphasize a point...  

My deadlines for Member-Started Forums, given 35% approval rating or less: Apl. 29; The Other Woman. May 6; Walk of Shame. May 20; Godzilla '014. May 27; Blended. Jne. 3; A Million Ways...
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2010 at 7:00am

This is probably the last time we add a rom com to this year's list of Razzie prospects (unless for some reason, "Love and Other Drugs" or "How Do You Know" get bad critical reception).

Katherine Heigl doesn't seem to know the meaning of the words, "Fire your agent!"  Her previous two films were directed by Robert Luketic and both had notoriously low Tomatometer ratings.  This one doesn't look good either.  If it's Tomatometer rating is <20%, then Katherine Heigl should take the outright lead in the race for Worst Actress.  In my opinion, Heigl's "Killers" co-star Ashton Kutcher currently leads the race for Worst Actor...  
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2010 at 11:36am
After four rom-com bombs in a row, it's time for her to find another genre to work in. 

Hmmm ... Heigl in a sci-fi epic ....
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2010 at 9:13pm
I hate it when diapers fail. . . . Wink 

Katherine Heigl, put a better diaper on your movies, would ya? . . .

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2010 at 9:15pm
When you think about it, diapers really don't make much sense: With or without them, you're still sitting in our own waste. ...No offense to you, GTAHater. 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2010 at 9:23pm
To cvcjr13: What are you winking at?  

To BurnHollywoodBurn: I'd mostly heard over the years that diapers were to prevent staining of clothing or the bed.  

A series of physical problems runs in my family, so all the females have to wear them 3 years, and the males for 4 years or longer (as opposed to females for 2 years and males for 3)... so I have every reason to loathe everything about this movie and the trailers, the whole package. If this gets more positive than negative reviews, my faith in moviegoers will hit a new low. I can't express strongly enough how badly I want this film to crash and burn!  
My deadlines for Member-Started Forums, given 35% approval rating or less: Apl. 29; The Other Woman. May 6; Walk of Shame. May 20; Godzilla '014. May 27; Blended. Jne. 3; A Million Ways...
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 10:48am
Why do you keep saying Katherine Heigl has had 4 flops in a row? The reviews for 27 DRESSES weren't good,but they were better than the average rom/com... 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Here's a B.O. MoJo LINK to check out Heigl's "career page" there -- It shows that, while UGLY TRUTH and 27 DRESSES both did "okay" at the box office, KILLERS did about half of what they grossed. Also, it's interesting to note that, despite working quite regularly in movies, Heigl has only had one title that topped $100 million domestic...and most people would not suggest she deserves sole credit for the success of KNOCKED UP...  

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 1:45pm
Because Heigl has had 4 bombs in a row: The last four movies she did got either bad to luke-warm reviews, and all did poor to so-so at the box office. 

Hardly the stuff A-list careers are made of!  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 8:22pm

To Vits: First, you suggest that all years have at least 1 good rom-com, then you try to predict Letters to Juliet to be the one for this year, and now you're trying to promote 27 Dresses because the reviews "weren't quite as bad"?? You're really struggling to make the romantic comedy genre look better than it is, aren't you?  

To Mr. Burn: I keep forgetting: Besides sacking her talent agent, what genre should Katherine Heigl turn to instead, if rom-coms have been naught but a problem to her?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 10:02pm
May I suggest Miss Heigl try sinking her teeth into a straight drama? Try one, if it's epic fail at the box office and laughed at by critics, then by all means, go running back to the rom-coms. It certainly wouldn't hurt her career any more than her current spate of rom-coms have!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2010 at 1:59pm
By the end of the year, we'll see which is the best least bad rom/com of 2010. There's been very few that received even 40-50% at RT, among them LETTERS TO JULIET. The same rating as was given to 27 DRESSES and THE PROPOSAL....

And the last time Heigl attempted drama, she ended up in ZYZZYX ROAD, literally the lowest-grossing movie of all time!
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2010 at 2:39pm
Yeah, ZYZZYX ROAD was a horror movie, or thriller. She should stay away from those! I'm suggesting a full-on, "Oscar bait" serious drama... 
CobraSwamp View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote CobraSwamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2010 at 4:19pm
Oh my God, this movie is/was/looks like CRAP! (No pun intended!)
Go to R.T for evidence!
YES, I'm a Cobra, and YES, I take a BITE outta movies!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>