Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > LIFE AS WE KNOW IT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Oh, Baby! ANOTHER Non-Funny Rom/Com...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote habadaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oh, Baby! ANOTHER Non-Funny Rom/Com...
    Posted: October 09 2010 at 8:14am
What movie is this synopsis describing:  

Café owner Reg and photographer Julia have only one date, because mutual friends tried to match them up, and it goes expectedly wrong. But when that couple dies, their will names the same two joint guardians of their son Waylon, not his aunt Marie with whom he wanted to live.

As part of the terms, they must live together and move in to their dead friends' house. Despite all their efforts and Waylon's positive response, there are serious challenges...

A judge orders a social worker to check up on the couple, and the Aunt make a big challenge to get custody. But in the end, all is well.

Oh, wrong review. That was Neena Beeber's 2004 film "Raising Waylon"

Guess original ideas don't come around often.

Joel Goodsen  

www.yutube.com/watch?v=AaPXOM2PD98NoI 

BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2010 at 4:56pm
I have no clue whatsoever what movie you are talking about, habad, but I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before Hollywood does a remake of it.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2010 at 5:18pm
habadaka was transcribing a review from IMDb. I'm not saying that's where the review originated, but that's where I saw it first. "Raising Waylon" got average reviews back in 2004, and I think he is trying to say "Life As We Know It" is a blatant rip-off of it. 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2010 at 8:28pm
Oh, well if that is what he is claiming, I wish he would just come out and say rather than doing Miguel's gimmick of posting cryptic quizzes instead of talking about the said movies by name. 

Originally posted by GTAHater767

habadaka was transcribing a review from IMDb. I'm not saying that's where the review originated, but that's where I saw it first. "Raising Waylon" got average reviews back in 2004, and I think he is trying to say "Life As We Know It" is a blatant rip-off of it. 
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 3:11pm
Because of this,Katherine Heigl has been nominated for the People's Choice Awards for "Favorite Movie Actress".
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 3:59pm
People's Choice Awards nominating a movie this gross and unfunny for Katherine Heigl? Do they know nothing of us? Haven't they had enough of Heigl after The Ugly Truth and Killers? No? Well, fudge 'em!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 8:12pm
Yeah, that's more for her past work on TV, like a "oh, back when she was good, or at least not super annoying!"  

Originally posted by Vits

Because of this,Katherine Heigl has been nominated for the People's Choice Awards for "Favorite Movie Actress".
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 8:40pm

Did Heigl, by any chance, work on any other good shows before Grey's Anatomy?

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 9:21pm
None that I can think of at the moment... 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 9:57pm
It makes ZERO logical sense to give her an award tied to this, but for her work in Grey's Anatomy!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2010 at 7:50am

She became known for ROSWELL.

It makes ZERO logical sense to give her an award tied to this, but for her work in Grey's Anatomy!

It's not like that.Give the awards some credit!

Every bad review this movie has is about being unfunny,but they say Heigl and Duhamel do okay and they have good chemistry.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2010 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Vits

Higel became known for ROSWELL.
Oh right, I forgot about that series ... because the WB went out fo their way to make it that forgettable.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2012 at 10:14am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12