Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > ALVIN & THE UP-CHUCKS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Oh, Get MUNK’D Yerself!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oh, Get MUNK’D Yerself!!
    Posted: December 06 2007 at 4:29am

THANKS to SATURNWATCHER for BRINGING OUR ATTENTION to a HILARIOUS CHRISTMAS CAROL PARODY ENTITLED "CHIPMUNKS ROASTING on an OPEN FIRE." HERE's a LINK to VIEW IT on YOU TUBE YOURSELF.  

MEANWHILE, BACK at OUR FORUM DISCUSSION...

OKAY, SO THEY DID HAVE a HIT CHRISTMAS SONG in the EARLY 60s . BUT IS THAT ANY EXCUSE for PLOPPING THIS GRIEVOUSLY GRATING-LOOKING CHIPMUNK DROPPING on the MOVIE-GOING PUBLIC at HOLIDAY TIME??

WITH JOKES THAT INCLUDE 'THE MUNKS' EATING THEIR OWN BMs, ALVIN LOOKS for ALL the WORLD LIKE an ATTEMPT to ACHIEVE SOMETHING EVEN LESS ENTERTAINING THAN LAST SUMMER's SUPERHERO BUMMER UNDERDOG. IF THAT WAS THEIR DIABOLICAL GOAL, IT SURE LOOKS  LIKE THEY'VE SUCCEEDED.

SO, FEEL FREE to GET YER VOICES into "HIGH GEAR" by SUCKING a LITTLE HELIUM from a BALLOON, CLICK on POST REPLY...and UNLOAD with BOTH BARRELS BELOW... 

ALVIN: "That's right...we belong in The Waste-Basket of Movie History!"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2007 at 12:36pm
Now, I think they're cute...
dipitlow555 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2007 at 1:23pm
This is disgusting!!!
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2007 at 1:58pm
You know Jason Lee puzzles me. He gave some good performances for Kevin Smith, one of which he won the Independent Spirit award for Best Supporting Actor for (Chasing Amy), and just when he hits it huge with My Name Is Earl, he has to go and do Underdog, and now this. I blame Scientology (Just kidding).
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2007 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by moviewizguy

Now, I think they're cute...
              Didn't you condemn this in the "Daddy Day Camp" forum?
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2007 at 6:35am

I don't think Alvin & The Chimpmunks will do well, consider it's going up against I Am Legend with Will Smith... 

Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2007 at 9:52am
It's out of consideration for the Best Animated Feature, but another might get cancelled out as well.

http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=awardcentral&j ump=features&id=eooactor08&articleid=VR1117977277

Alvin, Simon and Theodore can cancel their limo's.
Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences has concluded that Fox's live action/animation hybrid "Alvin and the Chipmunks," which comes out next week, doesn't qualify in the best animated feature category.

Decision was made by the animated feature screening committee based on the rule that in a qualifying film, "animation must figure in no less than 75 percent of the picture's running time."

Acad recently informed Fox of the decision. As a result, 11 toons are now vying for three potential nominations. Including "Alvin," 12 were originally submitted.

"Alvin" is one of two pics, along with "Beowulf," that observers thought might not qualify. But after considering whether motion capture technique used by helmer Robert Zemeckis in "Beowulf" counts as animation, committee ultimately decided that it does and is considering that pic for a nod.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2007 at 11:57am
Yeah, I hated the sound of it...now they're so cute and cuddly! You can't help it! You see their chubby cheeks and their high pitched voices. Tell me that doesn't get you.
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2007 at 12:49am
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

WITH JOKES THAT INCLUDE 'THE MUNKS' EATING THEIR OWN BMs

Makes me think of the phrase "Eat S*** and Die."  Considering this movie and the hideous stars, I wish the latter part of the statement was also true.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2007 at 3:32am

The man was able to open a film about a homeless dad at number 1 against a movie about dragons. There's no question it will be number 1.

Response from Head RAZZberry: I assume by "the man" you mean Will Smith, not Jason Lee. If so, I think you've gotten tomsmobr's point discombobulated. I believe he was suggesting I AM LEGEND and not ALVIN would open at #1... 

Originally posted by tomsmobr

I don't think Alvin & The Chimpmunks will do well, consider it's going up against I Am Legend with Will Smith... 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2007 at 5:03am
I meant "I Am Legend".
Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2007 at 5:22am
SchumacherH8ter, was the movie you were thinking of "The Pursuit of Happyness," which beat the crap-fest "Eragon" last year?? 
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2007 at 7:42am
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

The man was able to open a film about a homeless dad at number 1 against a movie about dragons. There's no question it will be number 1.

Response from Head RAZZberry: I assume by "the man" you mean Will Smith, not Jason Lee. If so, I think you've gotten tomsmobr's point discombobulated. I believe he was suggesting I AM LEGEND and not ALVIN would open at #1... 

Originally posted by tomsmobr

Yea I was thinking that I Am Legend will open at number #1 on December 14th which is when Alvin & The Chipmunks is coming out. I was also thinking that maybe Alvin may do the same as Fat Albert did when it came out in December of 2004
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2007 at 8:37am

Suddenly, one of my favorite Christmas carol parodies comes to mind:

Chipmunks roasting on an open fire!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N0yyITRyvM4

It ranks right up there with: The Restroom Door Said "Gentlemen"

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2007 at 9:49am

That was pretty bad.  It would have been great, but when Nat 'King' Cole suddenly starts sounding like Rochester, it lost me. 

Response from Head RAZZberry: I, too, found the "Chipmunks Roasting" song itself quite funny, but having the ever-elegant (and always well-spoken) Nat "King" Cole sound like an AMOS 'n' ANDY character when he talks was off-putting for me as well... 

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

Suddenly, one of my favorite Christmas carol parodies comes to mind:

Chipmunks roasting on an open fire!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N0yyITRyvM4

It ranks right up there with: The Restroom Door Said "Gentlemen"

tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2007 at 4:05am
I saw on Rotten Tomatoes that Alvin & The Chippunks was at 0%. Of course, by Friday there will be more reviews:   http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1184827-alvin_and_the_chipmu nks/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>