Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > LETTERS TO JULIET
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

OH, ROMEO, ROMEO...PLEASE SHUTUP!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OH, ROMEO, ROMEO...PLEASE SHUTUP!!!!!!!
    Posted: May 26 2010 at 4:42pm
That the movie itself is bad is sometimes all it takes. That and the fact Seyfried starred in two movies with almost indentical plots only months apart. Her name will probably be on the voting ballots, but there's no telling if she'll make it to the final five.  
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2010 at 4:59pm
That's pretty stupid then. Amanda is a good actress.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2010 at 5:03pm
Bullock won mainly because they wanted to give her a Razzie because everyone knew she was going to get an Oscar. It's all publicity.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Yo, moviewizeguy -- Did you actually see ALL ABOUT STEVE???  For someone who has spent much of his time on this Forum criticizing others for judging things they haven't seen, if you have not yet bothered to watch it, that's pretty hypocritical. Yes, the fact that Bullock was also an Oscar® nominee and winner the same year she was a RAZZIE® nominee and winner drove up media interest in our awards. But no, Bullock did NOT "win" Worst Actress undeservedly for STEVE. I know you think critics are usually wrong about movies' merits, but this LINK for the R.T. page on STEVE clarifies that we were certainly not alone in disparaging STEVE. And by staying away from the movie in droves the same year Bullock was anointed "Star of the Year" by theatre owners for BLINDSIDE and THE PROPOSAL, the movie-going public also implicitly agreed with our assessment of the film and Bullock's performance... 

BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2010 at 5:37pm
"Amanda is a good actress" -- Yeah, and even good actresses star in bad movies and give bad performances. There's no such thing as a performer having a spotless, flawless resume!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2010 at 5:38pm
Well, that and Bullock said she would show up if she won. Megan Fox should be kissing her feet for saying so!    

Originally posted by moviewizguy

But that's mainly because they wanted to give her a Razzie because everyone knew she was going to get an Oscar. It's all publicity.
kelemenmarc View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote kelemenmarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2010 at 5:23am
If Razzie voters will vote for the worst films and performances finally, that would be great. I mean last year that Hugh Heffner nominate was pathetic - he wasn't bad, and yes he wasn't good too he played himself and that's it, it means Razzie voters always just voting for people not for performances. And what about Jonas Brothers???? Cmon they weren't baaaadddd... i never liked their music but we saw Steve Martin, Jack Black, Eddie Murphy, John Travolta.... that year and J Brothers won?????? WTF?  And everybody knows Sandra "won" was just because she showed up - so the Razzies are just voting wihout thinking. 

My choices for 2009 were: (I'm not a member unfortunately) - * = my winners

WORST PICTURE:

Brüno *
Did Your Hear About the Morgans?
Imagine That
The Pink Panther 2. 
Year One

WORST ACTOR:

Jack Black - Year One
Sacha Baron Cohen - Brüno *
Will Ferrell - Land of the Lost 
Hugh Grant - Did Your Hear About the Morgans? 
Steve Martin - The Pink Panther 2. 

WORST ACTRESS:

Megan Fox - Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Jennifer Garner - Ghosts of Girlfriends Past
Kate Hudson - Bride Wars *
Beyoncé Knowles - Obsessed 
Sarah Jessica Parker - Did Your Hear About the Morgans?

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR:

Michael Cera - Year One
Bradley Cooper - All About Steve / The Hangover / He’s Just Not That Into You 
Michael Douglas - Ghosts of Girlfriends Past
Ken Jeong - All About Steve / Couples Retreat / The Hangover *
Robert Pattinson - The Twilight Saga: New Moon

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS:

Jennifer Aniston - He’s Just Not That Into You *
Essence Atkins - Dance Flick 
Kristen Bell - Couples Retreat
Candice Bergen - Bride Wars 
Isabel Lucas - Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

WORST SCREEN COUPLE:

Jack Black & Michael Cera - Year One *
Steve Martin & bárki a szereplőgárdából - The Pink Panther 2. 
Jason Segel & Paul Rudd - I Love You Man 
Kristin Stewart & Rob Pattinson & Taylor Lautner - The Twilight Saga: New Moon
Sarah Jessica Parker & Hugh Grant - Did Your Hear About the Morgans?  

FYC:
Worst Movie: The Bounty Hunter
Worst Actor: Johnny Depp (Alice in Wonderland / The Tourist)
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2010 at 12:35pm

Many of those movies were well-received, and some were poorly received but still masterpieces compared to their competition. He's Just Not That Into You got negative reviews, but was a GODSEND compared to The Pink Panther 2. And Bruno? If you really thought that was worse than ALL 57 or so RAZZIE contenders from 2009, then your idea of a bad movie really doesn't agree with us.

What's your idea of a good movie, kelemenmarc? Just to see how stark a contrast it is...

I apologize for being so harsh, but I usually take it personally when someone says a movie that gets more positive than negative reviews is worse than a widely-panned movie like All About Steve or Miss March.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2010 at 1:38pm
In response to kelemenmarc's Worst list: 

1) The Jonas Brothers weren't acting. It was a concert movie/documentary.

2) Bradley Cooper was the lead in THE HANGOVER.Although he was the least funny, he wasn't bad at all.He was also the lead in ALL ABOUT STEVE.

3) I'm sorry? Steve Martin and who for Screen Couple?!
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2010 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

"Amanda is a good actress" -- Yeah, and even good actresses star in bad movies and give bad performances. There's no such thing as a performer having a spotless, flawless resume!

Touche.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2010 at 2:15pm
"Bullock won mainly because they wanted to give her a Razzie because everyone knew she was going to get an Oscar. It's all publicity." ????  

MWG, this is an incredibly ridiculous remark, even by your standards. Either you are suggesting that HeadRazz (or whoever tallies the votes of the membership) deliberately manipulated the vote totals due to their prescience of how the Academy members were going to vote, or there was a massive conspiracy on the part of at least a plurality of the Razzie voters because we are all sufficiently capable of predicting an outcome of the Academy vote that, while not unexpected, was not a certainty.

OK, Razzie membership....may I please have the winner in the 6th at Santa Anita tomorrow?Confused
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2010 at 2:41pm
In the end, I think any one who says "Bruno" was bad was just upset that they saw male nudity. I mean if you are THAT upset about seeing a penis, you need to grow up.  

Originally posted by GTAHater767

And Bruno? If you really thought that was worse than ALL 57 or so RAZZIE contenders from 2009, then your idea of a bad movie really doesn't agree with us.
What's your idea of a good movie, kelemenmarc? Just to see how stark a contrast it is...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2010 at 2:45pm
Also in response to kelemenmarc's Worst list above: The Jonas Brothers were a fad and nothing else, so they get no respect from us.

As to Bradley Cooper, it's a common practice in the Razzies is give nods to actors for ALL the movies they were in that year. DOn't ask me why, they just do.

And for Screen Couple, maybe "anyone he shares the screen with". I never did think that was great idea for a catagory, which is why Worst Ensemble Cast makes more sense than say "Any two people on the screen at any time in "Valentine's Day"."
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2010 at 2:49pm
I just find it funny we have people here posting as if the Razzies are some career ending fate that is worse than death. It's just a parody of the Oscars, folks! Calm down and stop acting like your favorite actresses will no longer get work if their names appear on the Razzie voting ballot! Hell, even the great Tom Hanks appeared on the voting ballot one year, but he didn't make it to the final five. As I said, many actors' career have suffered from winning Oscars MORE than from "winning" Razzies. In fact, some of their worst work came after winning Oscars, as if their careers peeked with their Oscar win, and then soured.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2010 at 3:43pm
It has long been my contention that if anything, winning Razzies probably benefits recepients by bringing attention to movies and performances that often got away without much notice. People are probably more likely to go out and rent the movie just to see if it was really that bad.  

Your point about actors stumbling careerwise following Oscar wins is very well taken and, yes, I am looking at you, Ben Kingsley. I have a feeling that after rising to the apex of their careers with that distinction, many actors get the impression that their poo smells like roses and they can't do anything wrong.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2010 at 4:29pm
Regarding kelemenmarc's Worst lost and my earlier post: You could've just awarded the Jonas Brothers with "Worst Couple". That would've been more fair.

I've checked past winners,and tons of times somebody gets nominated in leading and supporting acting categories. Why don't you do that,if trashing them is what you like?

And I asked who was listed with Steve Martin for Screen Couple because I couldn't understand what he posted.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
kelemenmarc View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote kelemenmarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2010 at 4:53pm
To me, Brüno was the worst in every way. Not for the male nudity, but because it was the worst movie that I ever seen, period. 
FYC:
Worst Movie: The Bounty Hunter
Worst Actor: Johnny Depp (Alice in Wonderland / The Tourist)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>