Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > Bad Movie Lovers' Resource GUIDE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Old Bad Movies...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vidiot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old Bad Movies...
    Posted: April 07 2006 at 10:04am

My friends and I have "D" movie night every few weeks. Recent screenings were 80s - 90s:

• Xtro II, Jan-Michael Vincent
  • Beyond Justice, Rutger Hauer
  • Yor Hunter from the Future, people you've never heard of
  • Frankenhooker, more people you've never heard of
  • The Toxic Advenger, yet more people you've never heard of

Any suggestions for "D" movie night?

Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2006 at 5:57pm
Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny (1972)

But I don't think this would qualify as a D movie... It's more like an F...

Makes Santa Claus Conquers the Martians look like an art film...
Vidiot View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vidiot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2006 at 4:27am

"Poor Santa Claus. This live-action feature finds his sleigh stuck in the sand on a Florida beach only days before Christmas Eve. He psychically summons prepubescent aid from a nearby subdivision."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0138074/plotsummary

..."psychically summons prepubescent aid"...that's hot! ....

deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2006 at 7:38pm

I've seen Frankenhooker years ago. I used to go to this topless bar in Arizona, there was this girl named Nora I used to call Frankenhooker.

The Toxic Avenger is a Troma movie, I've seen tons of Troma movies and I've read Lloyd Kaufman's book.

"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2006 at 2:33pm
Clint Howard in...

THE ICE CREAM MAN

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113376/

Or Jackie Vernon in

THE MICROWAVE MASSACRE

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085937/
Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2006 at 5:50am

YOR!   Now there was a bad movie done really, really bad!

I remember renting this tape way back when,  and the bad taste still clings to the back of my throat like the memory of a romance that went sour.  Yor couldn't fight his way out of a soggy paper bag with holes in it.   His sword looked like it was made of the cheap plastic they used when making toy swords.   He seemed to have come from a future where every man dressed in designer furs from some pimp's closet!   

"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"
Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2006 at 5:54am

My favorite "D" movie has to be "Flesh Gordon", I only wish I still had the copy that was given to me.   My neighbor worked at a video store and would bring home an even dozen movies to preview every Friday night.  When they couldn't sell or even give away titles, the store let the employees have them for free.   I got a copy of "Flesh Gordon" to go with my Flash Gordon collection and now I can't find it!  I suspect foul play.

Response from head RAZZberry: If you wanna replace your copy of FLESH GORDON, here's a LINK to the page for it on DVD and/or on VHS at Amazon. The VHS can be had for around Ten Bux... 

"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2007 at 5:29pm
Oh my goodness, even WORSE than Flesh Gordon is the sequel FLESH
GORDON MEETS THE COSMIC CHEERLEADERS
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2010 at 11:37am

I watched "Fair Game" (the failed Cindy Crawford star vehicle movie) because I felt like torturing myself last night. It's 15 years old, so there's no Internet or cell phones, so I guess that counts as being "old". Wow, that was the most formulaic movie ever! You can almost picture the screenwriter as he typed the "script" up while saying "Okay, a bad one-liner here, here, and here. An action sequence every 10 minutes. Pointless sex scene there. And no less than three major explosions! Okay, done deal!". It was like a Michael Bay movie before Michael Bay got into the business.

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2010 at 9:41am
I like to introduce all of you to a brilliant classic movie.

Sam Newfield's 1938 western-musical The Terror of Tiny Town

This film was the first of it's kind, because it's the first film film to star an all midget cast (i mean little people, it's introduced as an "all midget cast").

These right, singing little people riding shetland pony's.

If you have some spare time in the weekend , I'd give it a watch (it's only 60 minutes long).

Here's the link:
http://www.archive.org/details/TheTerrorOfTinyTown1938_802

Enjoy!

P.S. HeadRAZZ: you seem to be the expert on these kind of films. Had you ever heard about this one?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Indeed I have, and we have listed it as our Worst Movie on Basic Cable item a number of times -- I believe it was also listed in one of the Medved brother's WORST FILMS OF ALL TIME books. 

Personally, I found the film's concept far more amusing than the actual film itself. For the curious, here's a LINK to the IMDb page for TERROR OF TINY TOWN.  

Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2010 at 3:58am
TERROR OF TINY TOWN is indeed a little dull (mostly because of the bad acting) but it's no more "unwatchable" than some of those early John Wayne-films! 
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2011 at 2:15pm
I know in another thread I threw out The Babe Ruth Story starring William Bendix...which was so sickeningly sugary that diabetics would need to turn it off after three minutes...
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2011 at 2:20pm
You have to love that scene near the end of The Babe Ruth Story where Bendix/Ruth is in the hospital dying, and his fans are gathered outside his hospital room singing a hymn-like rendition of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame." That is bathos of the highest order. It is probablys some sort of tribute to just what an enduring icon Babe Ruth is that his fame has survived not just one, but two awful bio-pics.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2011 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Vheid

TERROR OF TINY TOWN is indeed a little dull (mostly because of the bad acting) but it's no more "unwatchable" than some of those early John Wayne-films! 
I thought it was cornier than Iowa...
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2011 at 8:18am
Here's one... The Dogway Melody... This 17-minute short film stars an all dog-cast... and it's creepier than any Mo-Crap Animation movie you'll ever see... but somehow I kept watching out of a strange form of fascination....

I don't know if members like SchumacherH8ter and Vits accept review-requests... But if so, I would really like it if you gave this one of your reviews...

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2011 at 11:41am
I accept any requests to watch movies,but I can't guarantee I'll review them.And I don't review short films.But I can give you my thoughts.

At first it was fascinatingly creepy,then just plain weird,and then boring...and that was just the first half!This is a good example of a problem that still exists today:Making movies without thinking first who'll be the target audience.Who's the target audience here?We have animals talking singing,but there are adult themes as well.And considering this was made in 1930...

I'm pretty sure the part where the dogs yawned had to be improvised because the dogs yawned and they didn't want to waste footage.

Can you believe this was part of a series?And can you believe the directors would later work on 3 Stooges movies?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>