Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > MEMBER-STARTED FORUMS on 2013 TITLES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

OLDBOY

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote AndP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OLDBOY
    Posted: December 09 2013 at 4:56pm
Huge flop with large negative critic and audience reaction. And of course, it's a remake of a film regarded as a masterpiece.

I'm not sure if any of the actors were that bad to warrant nominations, but Worst Director - Spike Lee and Worst Screenplay - Mark Protosevich should be strongly considered, and Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off, or Sequel.

Escapist review video:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/8541-Oldboy
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2013 at 5:08pm
The reviews weren't that bad. And while I like the idea of doing something bad to Spike Lee (maybe that'll shut him up for good), I haven't seen this movie so I don't know if he deserves a Razzie.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2013 at 5:21pm
You mean kill him?

(I know you probably did not mean that, but some people could actually take it that way.)
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2013 at 7:15pm
No, I mean award him with a Razzie. But if you wanna brainstorm ideas, I wouldn't mind if this happens to him:

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2013 at 8:47am
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 7:01pm
José María Naranjo's review.

Edit: I don't know what I didn't post more reviews back then:

R.T. (40-45%): "Suitably grim and bloody yet disappointingly safe and shallow, Spike Lee's remake neither surpasses the original nor adds anything new to its impressive legacy.".

Jimmy O's review.

WHAT THE FLICK?!'s review:

Jonathan Kim's review:

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2014 at 12:57pm
Gabriel Bahamondes (3/7): "The plot twists are too abrupt and at times hard to believe. It's like Spike Lee wants to replicate the provocative spirit of the original movie no matter what. Even if the script falls apart".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2014 at 2:57pm
Andrés Nazarala R. (1/7): "It's not that there are works that shouldn't be touched (everything can be re-read, from Shakespeare to the Bible), but it's frustrating to see a remake that doesn't bring anything to the table. It's an empty exercise that doesn't do anything other than destroy the original version".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2014 at 12:57pm
Ernesto Garratt (2/5): "The original was a memorable cult film; this is a soulless enlargement that doesn't make much sense. It's like watching a video-game adaptation of the Korean movie but with American faces instead".
 Post Reply Post Reply