Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 3: AT WIT'S END
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

One Too Many Barnacles on Its Bottom???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Jack Spencer Jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One Too Many Barnacles on Its Bottom???
    Posted: January 22 2008 at 1:12pm
Quite frankly, I disliked the first Pirates movie and hated, hated, hated, hated Johnny Depp's performance. The wife liked it, though, so I got dragged to the next two, and was surprisingly entertained by the second. I guess when expectations are lowered to zero, the minor good points of the sequel shone through a bit more. The third one was a bit of a mess, looking like it had maybe two movies worth of plot and double-dealing going on and other things like "Oh, by the way, she's a goddess or something."

That all said, I don't think Bloom deserve this award because I can't even remember his performance, so i couldn't say if it was good or bad.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2008 at 2:09pm

I remember Bloom's performance, and it wasn't a match for the others, except for Knightley.  Knightley's performance was unconvincing in the third one.

I don't feel Bloom deserve the nomination, but he got it, and Knightley didn't, so there you go.

icegirl View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote icegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2008 at 8:14am
Honestly, I really liked the movie since I am a very big fan of POTC! Even if it was a little bit longer that it should have been, it really had nice turn overs that kept my eyes into the big screen . I think the movie had good performances (i loved Johnny Depp and Geoffrey Rush), good sound mixing and very interesting costumes. I really enjoyed it.
As far as for Bloom's performance, he didn't shine but he didn't suck either!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2010 at 1:25pm
I gave 70% to THE CURSE OF THE BLACK PEARL,60% to DEAD'S MEN CHEST,and,50% to this one.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2010 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Vits

I gave 70% to THE CURSE OF THE BLACK PEARL,60% to DEAD'S MEN CHEST,and,50% to this one.
Of course, "Black Pearl" was a very entertaining and original movie ... so of course Hollywood had to go and ruin it with two sequels that sucked and were filled with references from the first movie.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2010 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Originally posted by Vits

Of course, "Black Pearl" was a very entertaining and original movie ... so of course Hollywood had to go and ruin it with two sequels that sucked and were filled with references from the first movie.

I think the nostalgia helps people like the sequels more. Well, that's why I like watching sequels.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2010 at 6:17am
Originally posted by moviewizguy

I think the nostalgia helps people like the sequels more. Well, that's why I like watching sequels.
Better idea: if it's nostalgia you want, just watch the original movie instead of the s*** sequels and remakes that are made to rape the corpse of the original movie for a quick profit. That just makes common sense to me and most of the other posters here. I mean what's going to bring back more childhood memories for you, the original movie or some bastardized piece of s*** that copies and pastes from the original movie? I rest my case.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234