Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > SORCERER'S APPRENTICE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Only a Turd with a Gilded (Nic) Cage...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Only a Turd with a Gilded (Nic) Cage...
    Posted: July 20 2010 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by lastmoviecritic

Okay, Nicholas Cage certainly has a lot of bad movies in his career, but not everything since Leaving Las Vegas has been bad. He was great in Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans! I haven't seen Bringing Out the Dead yet, but it's Scorsese, how bad can it be?

Anyway, his films mostly suck. Bangkok Dangerous, National Treasure, Knowing, etc.
Well, yes, Cage did make more good movies after "Leaving Las Vegas", but then the year 2000 came and Cage suddenly decided "Okay, show me the money, I don't care what the movie is, so long as I'm paid!".
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2010 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Well, yes, Cage did make more good movies after "Leaving Las Vegas", but then the year 2000 came and Cage suddenly decided "Okay, show me the money, I don't care what the movie is, so long as I'm paid!".

I heard he was bankrupt.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2010 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by moviewizguy

I heard he (Nic Cage) was bankrupt.
Well yeah, the man was buying $1 million in comic books, boats, castles, islands, dinosaur skulls ... if you were up to your eyeballs with debt like he is, you would agree to do "Wicker Man", too.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2010 at 11:51pm
Darnit darnit darnit! Nic Cage was another downfall of Triple-O! And why is he spending 5 Megadollars on fossils and huge plots of land like that?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2010 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

Darnit darnit darnit! Nic Cage was another downfall of Triple-O! And why is he spending 5 Megadollars on fossils and huge plots of land like that?
Take note, the Triple-O gave us Christopher Nolan. However, if you count his VERY FIRST movie, "Following", then he is actually a product of 1998.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2010 at 10:23am
What's the "Triple O"?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2010 at 12:22pm
Triple-O: An abbreviation for 2000 that derives from Triple-X, the codename of Anya Amasova in the James Bond film "The Spy Who Loved Me".
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2010 at 4:44pm
Well, GTAHater calls it the Triple-O, I call it the Y2K Movie Bug, in which all originality in Hollywood went into a downward spiral along with the ball in Time Square at the stroke of midnight.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2010 at 5:19pm
Actually, '000 or "Triple-O" is an abbreviation for 2000 in general. I don't remember if I ever explained this to any of you, but here goes. Take the date July 23, 2000 for example. I abbreviate it as 7-23-000 rather than 7/23/00. With dashes, it's clearer to read, lest the slashes be mistaken for a 1 or something else in handwriting. Also, I abbreviate with three zeros rather than two in order to avoid ambiguity with 1900, which is very well-documented, unlike the year 1000.

Back on topic: Is Nicolas Cage really in debt? If so, by how much?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2010 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

Back on topic: Is Nicolas Cage really in debt? If so, by how much?
His people are refusing to release an actual number, so it must be quite large.
krios03grad View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote krios03grad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2011 at 11:07pm
I thought that it was a good movie! what is wrong with the updated version of it? At least gives some credit for CGI and special effects in the movie!!! You stupid idiots really know how to put Mr. Cage down don't you!!! I loved the movie! It has humans and living things in it! I really wanted it to be a success! You F--ing Critics and people don't have taste anymore!!!! This movie was way more exciting than Toy Story 3!! I was very bored watching a movie about stupid talking dolls and toys!! I'd rather go to a puppet show than watch a stupid movie like that!!! Inception and Harry Potter 7 part 1 was 2 great movies!! I agree with all you guys on The Last Airbender!! Very confusing and boring! I hope you all burn in h--l for criticizing Mr. Cage!!! You all hurt my feelings! Peace out!AngryCry 
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2011 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by krios03grad

I thought that it was a good movie! what is wrong with the updated version of it? At least gives some credit for CGI and special effects in the movie!!! You stupid idiots really know how to put Mr. Cage down don't you!!! I loved the movie! It has humans and living things in it! I really wanted it to be a success! You F--ing Critics and people don't have taste anymore!!!! This movie was way more exciting than Toy Story 3!! I was very bored watching a movie about stupid talking dolls and toys!! I'd rather go to a puppet show than watch a stupid movie like that!!! Inception and Harry Potter 7 part 1 was 2 great movies!! I agree with all you guys on The Last Airbender!! Very confusing and boring! I hope you all burn in h--l for criticizing Mr. Cage!!! You all hurt my feelings! Peace out!AngryCry 
Relax, breathe into a paper bag if you need to. Not everyone likes a movie that takes a beloved classic and turns it into something that barely has anything to do with source material. Cage CAN be a good actor, he just doesn't choose projects for him to showcase that talent.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123