Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > ORPHAN
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Oscar Nomination for ORPHAN?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oscar Nomination for ORPHAN?
    Posted: August 10 2009 at 1:13pm

1. Critics didn't really like or hate the movie, they were indifferent about it. Under 60% is still considered rotten.

2. You're trying to convince us that people are going to compare Esther to Freddy and Jason? That is seriously over-reaching!

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2009 at 11:17am
Originally posted by moviewizguy

It's not my fault some critics like the movie.

Fixed
-Iron helps us play-
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2009 at 6:58am
I think I'm going to start a campaign for Isabelle Fuhrman's performance in Orphan. Stupid Abigail Breslin (I do like her as an actress) can get a nom for her role in Little Miss Sunshine so I don't see why Fuhrman can not. Have any of you guys actually seen the movie by now? I want your opinions on Fuhrman in this film.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2009 at 3:04pm

Originally posted by moviewizguy

I think I'm going to start a campaign for Isabelle Fuhrman's performance in Orphan. Stupid Abigail Breslin (I do like her as an actress) can get a nom for her role in Little Miss Sunshine so I don't see why Fuhrman can not. Have any of you guys actually seen the movie by now? I want your opinions on Fuhrman in this film.

Dude, Isabelle Fuhrman's chances of getting a nod for "Orphan" are the same as Megan Fox getting one for "Transformers 2" or "Jennifer's Body" ... none. You're living a pipe dream, and you clearly don't know how the Oscars work. Abigail Breslin got a nod because "Little Miss Sunshine" had a STUDIO BACKED Oscar campaign behind. Do you seriously think anyone is backing "Orphan" as any kind of Oscar contender? No, there isn't anyone besides you. Get over this movie, kid, I know you liked it, but you need to come back to reality and realize it will never be the "iconic" movie you want it to be.

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2009 at 2:06am
Originally posted by Michaels

Dude, Isabelle Fuhrman's chances of getting a nod for "Orphan" are the same as Megan Fox getting one for "Transformers 2" or "Jennifer's Body" ... none.

You wouldn't be saying that when you see the film. Go rent the movie now and watch it. I dare you--no. I DOUBLE DOG dare you to say that is not an Oscar worthy performance.

You're living a pipe dream, and you clearly don't know how the Oscars work.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. If the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress is actually base on the performance of a supporting actress in a film, Fuhrman has much of a chance of being nominated as Mo'Nique has for being nominated in Precious but I don't expect a person like you to know that. If you have a child actor who works alongside with two great actors of this time, Peter Sarsgaard and Vera Farmiga, you know she is great.

Abigail Breslin got a nod because "Little Miss Sunshine" had a STUDIO BACKED Oscar campaign behind.

That is true. WB should back up Fuhrman in her role in this film. If you actually saw the film, you would know what I'm talking about but you know what's sad? A studio has to back up a film for that film to be nominated in whatever category. Studio usually won't back up a comedy much less a horror film, which is why performances like Marcia Gay Harden in The Mist are largely ignored in the film business when she is clearly better than the 35th nomination of Maryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada.

No, there isn't anyone besides you.

I seriously suggest you google "Isabelle Fuhrman Oscar" and tell me what you find.

Get over this movie, kid, I know you liked it, but you need to come back to reality and realize it will never be the "iconic" movie you want it to be.

I never said this was an iconic movie. I said the performance in the movie should be recognized, since that's what awards like the Oscars do. They recognize good performances in the film business, which Fuhrman in Orphan clearly pulled off.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2009 at 4:42am

Well, MWG, you can on and on about how great this performance is and so on and so forth. If you want to do this little campaign of yours, go right ahead. Just keep this in mind: "The Dark Knight" also had an Oscar campaign for catagories like Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Screenplay. Did it get nods for any of those? No, it didn't. So if the second highest grossing movie of all time, that was among the 3 highest graded and well reviewed movies of 2008, with an online campaign of hundreds of thousands of supporters couldn't get the big nods, what makes you think your campaign will do any better, considering it's backing a movie that did a modest gross, was greeted by luke-warm, middle of the road reviews and has a following of maybe a hundred people at the most?

But hey, let's spice things up here, with a bet. I bet you that come the Oscars nods, I am so confindent that Isabelle's name will NOT be mentioned in the Best Supporting Actress catagory, that IF she is, I will apologize whole-heartly to you for every single mean-spirited, back-handed, ass-wise comment I have ever said about you. However, IF she is not mentioned, you have to stop posting your undeservingly high movie reviews here and always saying "oh, it's not THAT bad" about every single movie that's posted in these forums. How's that for a deal?

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2009 at 3:29am

Don't get me wrong, MWG, I'm sure this performance of Isbaelle's was good and all, but it's not enough for her to win. Why? Because outside of you and the few dozen people online saying she should get an Oscar nod, she has NO media buzz or award momentum behind her whatsoever. She's not up for a Golden Globe, she's not up for a SAG Award, heck, she's not even up for a People's Choice Award. Usually, the people who get Oscar nods are the people who have nods for other awards beforehand, and Isabelle isn't in that league. That is why she will not get a nod.

And my offer still stands. If she is up for a nod come the Oscar annoucements, I will apologize for every negative thing I have said about you and the movies you like. But if she's not up for a nod, you have to stop posting your movie reviews here and keep them on IMDb where they belong. I think that's more than fair.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2010 at 4:23pm
She didn't get the nomination.That's fine.A lot of people deserved it but never won.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12