Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Events, Announcements & Activities > SNEAK PIQUE: LIKELY 2006 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

OTHER 2006 TITLES Already Being Discussed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OTHER 2006 TITLES Already Being Discussed
    Posted: March 04 2006 at 5:02pm

Opening next week: The Hills Have Eyes....its getting some positive reviews, but the guess here is the same old slasher crap...The tagline: The lucky ones die first.

I'm thinking they are referring to the audience.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
In My Book,... View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote In My Book,... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 10:36pm
ANY movie with Rob Schneider in it is an automatic "stinker." "50 First Dates" was kinda cute, but was spoiled for me by having Rob Schneider in it. However, at the time I saw it, I was unfamiliar with Schneider. I don't think "actors" (and in reference to Schneider, I use that word VERY loosely) get any more vile and obnoxious than he. He's DISGUSTING!!! Who the HECK ever thought it was a good idea for this guy to make movies?!?!  Maybe the same folks who thought it was a good idea for Pauly Shore to make movies (remember HIM???) I would just like to see Rob Schneider's movie career go the way of Pauly Shore's. 
Thomas View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Thomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2006 at 4:40am
How about Larry Cable Guy Health Inspector
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2006 at 6:05pm

Here are three more to watch for, all with one important ingredient in common:

Gridiron Gang (release date currently published as September 15)

Southland Tales (release not yet published)

Spy Hunter (release not yet published)

All of these star our favorite rising action hero, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. I'm figuring that as a collective body, these three might be bad enough to yield him another Worst Actor nomination.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
bobw View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote bobw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2006 at 4:25pm
I walked out on "bloodryne" and "hostel" one theater
has cut back on screens to show "the shaggy DA"
and I refused to see "final destination 3" so far a
good year for razzies...
It takes millions to make a good movie, it costs millions to make a bad one!
Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 2:01pm

Originally posted by wow-o-wow

what the hell is wrong with you guys.

do you do this in everyaspect of your life, if so then I am guessing you are all very very lonely people.

I personaly think it's fun, and hopefully the idiots in Hollywood will notice, and start making better movies. 

once you see the movie then you can go to your mothers basement and bitch about it to your cyber buddies.

Well, besides watching sneak previews and trailers, we look at different things:  Is it a remake?  Is the director any good?  Does it have snakes?    Does it use real actors?   See, anybody can guess!! 

douches all of you

"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"
messy-1 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote messy-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2006 at 11:23am
Matthew Barney is at it again!!!! Drawing Restraint 9 This year we have to recognize Matty for being the worst auter alive.

Has anyone here seen any of the Tulsa Looper suitcases? Not by Barney, but it destroyed a day of my life that I won't get back.
Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 2:48am
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

what the hell is wrong with you guys.

Nothing wrong with us, we just want to see good movies.

do you do this in everyaspect of your life, if so then I am guessing you are all very very lonely people.

We have high standards!

once you see the movie then you can go to your mothers basement and bitch about it to your cyber buddies.

I don't make fun of a movie untill I see it, and if it's good I'll say so.

douches all of you

I prefer to make fun of the movie without calling anyone names, it's the hallmark of all civilised people.

line one: You'd have to ask my therapist, but be prepared for a lengthy answer.

The book is due out in june and the movie will follow soon after!

line two: No, not every aspect. But my wife and my cat still love me.

Of course your wife does, but if your cat loves you then you are "special"!

line 3: Actually, I go to my own basement. My mother doesn't have one.

My parents can't stand movies where naughty language is used.  "Damn" is way too strong!

messy-1 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote messy-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2006 at 2:29am
The Worst film of All TIMEHCE is opening at the Tribeca film festival this week in competetition.
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2006 at 10:25pm

This is destined to be a Razzie movie: The Lake House. With two of the worst actors out there. Sandra Bullock and Canoe Keeves. Get this... it's a love story.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0410297/

"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
messy-1 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote messy-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 1:51am
Matthew Barney's next film is going to be shown at the Sundance roadshow festival at the Brooklyn acadamy of music in two weeks. Also showing the Cynthia McKinney propaganda doc, which claims that whites voting in her district may very well be illegal.
Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2006 at 5:41pm

to deadguy76:

After seeing the 1st trailer for the "Lake House" I was intrigued, then I watched the 2nd trailer.  I hope the whole movie isn't like this.  My girlfriend will love it,  I might not.

Queen of Toad View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Queen of Toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2006 at 12:30pm

I think V for Vendetta should also be nominated:

The editing was so bad and the story itself was nothing new. This film tries so desperately to be more than it is.

Not to mention Natalie Shortman's accent!!!

Please, forgive my poor English. It's not my native language...
gertie the duck View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote gertie the duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2006 at 11:16am

Yeah...I had a laugh watching V for Vendetta too. I don't think it's as bad as a lot of other movies that came out this year, though(mainly because so many of the movies that came out this year were so frighteningly bad!), but I have to admit I couldn't believe that someone thought Portman's "English" accent was good enough to immortalise in a movie. Do these people think their films don't get shown in England?? It was almost offensive!

Also...I wonder why they had to go and change the graphic novel's story so much. I mean...they practically had a storyboard already written out for them...and they had to go and spoil it! The original story would have been so much better in every way...and probably much more successful at the box office too, so I just don't get it!

"Come back, Sidney... I wanna chastise you!"
Queen_of_Toad View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Queen_of_Toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2006 at 2:11pm

Gertie, I really think the major problem of this film was that it wasn't about making a good story. The makers wanted to get certain political messages out there. And they didn't manage to integrate it into a plot. Not to mention the cheap symbolisms. The political statement was far more important than the story itself, the result was a bad movie.

My impression was the story hadn't even been fully worked out, was not fully mellowed and perfected yet. I agree that this film says things that need to be said. The topic in itself is rather complicated. Like Stephen Fry put it: „One man‘s terrorist is the other man‘s freedom fighter.“ Now, I don‘t sympathise with Bu$h or neo-cons in any way. But I can‘t stand it when a film tells me what to think: what to think about the characters, what to think of the motives, what to think of the message and finally what to think of the film itself. And this film told me what to think ALL the time, thus gave the whole complexity away, sold it out.

You have the medium of film here and not a propaganda leaflet. But it came across like propaganda and certainly not as a differentiated and intelligent movie. There were political statements thrown around all the time, without any real back up within the plot. One smart statement here, another intelligent statement there. It was ridiculously clumsy.

What is most unforgivable is the oversimplification of the idea "freedom fighter vs. terrorist", which is a very complicated and tricky issue. Here, it was reduced to it's most one-sided, simplest form. Which in this case was not even a philosophy or idea: It was the sympathy with V: We like V, we understand his motives and hurray!

Maybe this it is misplaced to say this here, but it is one of the marks of fascism that there is one leader who embodies the destiny of the nation or group. Literally:
"- the need for authority either through born leaders (always masculine), that culminate into a national leader, who is the only one who is able to embody the fate of the group
- the superiority of the instincts of the leader over abstract and universal reason(ing)..."

Source: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1400033918/sr=8-1/qid=11474 89184/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-5743214-1082436?%5Fencoding=UTF8
Pretty ironic, I would say.

What also sucked was the ending: Totalitarian regimes don't submit themselves to the resistance of their people. That's why they're totalitarian. I didn't see the reason why these people weren't shot: The logical consequence would have been that something like either Prague 1968 or Peking in July 1989 happens and / or chaos. Why should they all of a sudden come to their senses? The reason that the USSR and GDR (former East Germany) came to their senses was that they were broke and desperately on the drip from the west, especially East Germany from West Germany. So, where is the motivation?

Now, some people argue that it was all a sort of imagination, a fantasy thing and such. But if you argue like that then you make a mockery of all totalitarian regimes, since the soldiers and guards of the systems not only exist in the people's minds. That aside, if this was the major idea then it was executed without any logic. I am sorry, but I fail to see the logic behind it, provided there was any.

And Natalie Portman? I think Natalie Portman sucks. I consider her to be the most overrated actress of her generation. I am not just talking about her accent in "VfV" ( I heard at least three accents in that role: British, American and some Australian. And something tells me there were even more. You don‘t even need to be a native speaker to hear that: All her co-stars were British and you heard the differences. ). I think, she sucks as an actress. Just take her dialogues with V where she seemed out of character.

Then her movie „Closer“: Can anybody tell me what she got the Oscar nomination for? I understand that she was supposed to be a complicated character. But this was conveyed to me by the script and the story itself and certainly not by her acting.

I think Portman is another case of those Hollywood Lolitas whose careers reach their peaks with their debuts: She was great, brilliant in "Léon". From there it‘s has been a long way down.

Please, forgive my poor English. It's not my native language.
jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2006 at 3:36am

What the Hell is wrong with you guys?

Do you do this in every aspect of your life? If so, then I am guessing you are all very very lonely people.

Once you see the movie, then you can go to your mother's basement and bitch about it to your cyber buddies...

Douches, all of you!

Wow-o-wow is right, you guys often heavily diss movies you have not seen that could go either way, but you automatically assume it will be bad.

The problem is that you guys seem to have no middle ground. Every movie has to be very good and if it is not it is very bad and razzie worthy. What happened to movies that are fine but forgettable? (example: the new Pink Panther)

You guys also seem to ignor all of the good movies out there. Say half the movies in one year are not worth seeing. Even though there would be a lot of bad movies that doesn't mean that there is nothing good that year. What happened to the other half?

And what is this HCE? 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>