Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > COP OUT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

OUT to COP a Fast, Easy Buck??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OUT to COP a Fast, Easy Buck??
    Posted: March 01 2010 at 4:53pm

*Reads topic title* I don't think the public cares that they're funding Hollywood's endless cycle of sh(beep). Maybe after all the bad movies from the past decade, their IQ plunged to caveman standards. Perhaps they're used to it now. Or...maybe they've been smoking marijuana *Pronounces the J*. And why has one single movie smashed records for the past few years? Is it because all the competition sucks?

Clayface9 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clayface9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2010 at 8:59pm
Makes Jersey Girl look like Citizen Kane.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2010 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Clayface9

Makes Jersey Girl look like Citizen Kane.
Now that is an accomplishment!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2010 at 8:49pm

This film landed in Roger Ebert's 'Your Movie Sucks' files, but it didn't make it to Peter Travers's Scumbucket.  In case you want a list of other notable cop duos in the movies, click here.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2010 at 9:22pm
Considering his failing health, you might not be able to quote Ebert much longer. He looked like hell when he appeared on Oprah.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Effie View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Effie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2010 at 12:54am
I think Willis is yesterday's news. I am bored to death with his
acting style. Open a window and let someone fresh in, please.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2010 at 12:06pm
I was glad to hear they were tryin'to revive the "Buddy cop" genre,but I had a feelin'it would work.

Things that are "In" and then "Out" can go back into being "In"...20 years later.That was a message in 13 GOING ON 30:It was 2004,but the'80's were "In".Also,in the early'90's,disco music came back.

Nevertheless,the genre was already brought back with RUSH HOUR,it became stonger with RUSH HOUR 2,but then it died.And for a reason.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2010 at 2:15pm
I think the buddy cop genre can be revived, but it needs to take a more serious tone. Like "Lethal Weapon 1", it needs to be 70 action, 20 drama, and 10 percent comedy. These days, there's no drama at all, just comedy mixed with action.
sg1fan View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote sg1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2010 at 7:19am
i saw Cop Out, being a big fan of Kevin Smith and i have to say that i enjoyed it quite a bit. :) i could never put it in the same category as Legion, which seems awful. 
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2010 at 10:49am
Originally posted by sg1fan

i saw Cop Out, being a big fan of Kevin Smith and i have to say that i enjoyed it quite a bit. :) i could never put it in the same category as Legion, which seems awful. 
I'm a Kevin Smith fan, too, but if he makes a bad movie, I'm not going to praise him about it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 4:16pm
That may have to do with the fact this is the first movie directed by Kevin Smith,but not written by him.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 4:50pm
Based on an unrated trailer I saw, it does have his style of dirty jokes and sex humor, but at least Kevin can take those trademarks and put them in a story with heart, ie. "Chasing Amy". The writers of this don't seem able to do that.
robson12 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote robson12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2010 at 1:36am

I get the feeling that more people wanna see The Crazies or Shutter Island again this weekend.

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2010 at 11:35am
Originally posted by robson12

I get the feeling that more people wanna see The Crazies or Shutter Island again this weekend
If those movies would've been released on DVD now, they probably would've already.
robson12 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote robson12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2010 at 3:05am
Wasn't this directed by Kevin Smith... 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2010 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by robson12

Wasn't this directed by Kevin Smith...
Sadly, yes he did. I think he could have done better.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>