Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > Talk Amongst Yourselves
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

PARANORMAL ACTIVITY - Get the word out!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PARANORMAL ACTIVITY - Get the word out!
    Posted: September 15 2009 at 11:46am

I NEED people to help get this movie some attention! It's called PARANORMAL ACTIVITY and, right now, people are calling it one of THE SCARIEST MOVIES EVER MADE!

It's only in limited release so PLEASE spread the word! Here's what you gotta do. Go to the official website: http://www.paranormalactivity-movie.com/ On the bottom, it has the word DEMAND. Click on that and select the city closest to your area. If there isn't one close to your area, click here: http://eventful.com/performers/paranormal-activity-/P0-001-0 00212499-6/competitions Everything else is self-explanatory.

If you have Twitter, follow @tweetyourscream and become a fan on facebook NOW! http://www.facebook.com/paranormalactivity

SPREAD THE WORD. The more demands, the more likely the film will get a widespread release!
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2009 at 3:26pm

Sorry, but this is the last place you should be asking to help get attention for a movie, seeing as how our attention is to MOCK movies, not promote them.

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2009 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Michaels

Sorry, but this is the last place you should be asking to help get attention for a movie, seeing as how our attention is to MOCK movies, not promote them.

I try every place and some people in this site do post good things about movies. Anyway, SPREAD THE WORD!
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2009 at 2:25am

If it turns out that there is anything resembling general critical consensus that this is the scariest movie ever made, I'll run through downtown Los Angeles stark naked at high noon.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2009 at 4:15am

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

If it turns out that there is anything resembling general critical consensus that this is the scariest movie ever made, I'll run through downtown Los Angeles stark naked at high noon.

That does sound like a fair bet.

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2009 at 7:11am

I'm not even slightly worried about having to keep my end of the bet. There are only 7 reviews on this film at RT...admittedly all of them are positive and it actually sounds like this movie might be worth seeing. Nonetheless, the reviews aren't all that wildly enthusiastic and only one of them uses the phrase "one of the scariest movies ever made." Nobody seems to be elevating it to the top spot and there seems to be a consensus that the film is as funny as it is scary.

Most of the critics are evidently also annoyed by the now tired pseudodocumentary format which needs to  be locked away in the same vault as all the old silent movie equipment.

Incidentally, almost all of the reviews posted to date have come from sources that tend to be sympathetic to the horror genre, so the suspicion is that this movie not only isn't going to be hailed as the scariest of all time, but might not even be received particularly enthusiastically.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2009 at 1:10pm
Unfortunately, the boy who cried wolf many, many times is unlikely to get much help on things like promoting a relatively unknown movie.
-Iron helps us play-
Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2009 at 4:16pm
I know you mean well with this but honestly, this is not a good spot to try and promote movies, especially horror movies. That being said I'm actually somewhat intrigued my this movie. Maybe it's because the subject matter is something that I find fascinating. When I was younger I used to watch a show called "Sightings" a lot on the Sci-Fi channel, and when I watched the trailer, it kind of brought me back.

Unfortunately because about 90% of the horror movies released this year were crap, and because the guy promoting the movie is basically the forums punching bag, I'm going to be skeptical.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2009 at 4:36pm
dEd and Mayhem both bring up good points. MWG is the boy who cried wolf that likes to overpromote things that are not nearly as good as he claims they are, and he ends up our punching bag for it. But yeah, promoting a horror movie in a forum that often mocks horror movies makes little sense; that was the point I was trying to make.
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2009 at 3:39am
I think even more so than that, this simply isn't the kind of forum where you promote things that are meant to be enjoyed. We point out and tear down crap here.
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2009 at 6:28am
Yeah, MWG still has yet to realize the whole "we mock movies here, not praise and promote them" aspect of this forum.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2009 at 12:54pm
It's funny that you guys pick on me because I am not the first person to post good things about movies. There was a thread called, "So what are some GOOD movies you guys are looking forward to?" I also distinctly remember a thread about a high school movie that a user recommended to see in which I replied with the DVD cover. So why do you guys criticize me for posting something positive when almost every other user on this site has done the same thing? Because I'm your punching bag. Because you guys feel good when picking on me. t's the truth. Don't deny that. This film has a 100% on RT. It's going to be a big film. It's going to be the next "Blair Witch."
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2009 at 3:13am

Because again, due to your history of promoting bad movies or giving bad movies high ratings, we have come to not trust your tastes or opinions on movies. That's why.

And calling this the next "Blair Witch", sorry, but "BW" was a one-time thing. The chances of another no budget horror movie grossing millions of dollars like that are very slim unless it has one hell of a marketing campaign to back it up like "BW" did. Once again, you seem to be over-hyping something.

Sorry if our comments upset you, but it's not you as a person we have a problem with -- just your taste in movies (and how you blindly back them with praise that they don't deserve, or don't live up to). 

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2009 at 9:27am

Because again, due to your history of promoting bad movies or giving bad movies high ratings, we have come to not trust your tastes or opinions on movies. That's why.

But it's kinda obvious this is not the case, now is it? It has a 100% on RT and EW is calling it the scariest film this decade so it's apparent I'm not promoting a "bad movie." You're just an a-hole picking on me. Just stop it. I would really appreciate it if you stopped your negative, rude, immature, dictatorial, insolent comments. Right now, you're giving a VERY weak argument to say the least. You're suggesting that I'm now promoting a "bad" movie when it's clearly the opposite.

Sorry if our comments upset you, but it's not you as a person we have a problem with, just your taste in movies and how you blindly back them with praise that they don't deserve or won't live up to.

BS. It's CLEARLY me as a person that you want to pick on. I don't care what you say that you and everyone else on this site it trying to do. I can see right through it. And I can say the same with your blind hate for movies that you have never even seen. You're a hypocrite.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2009 at 11:21am

Originally posted by moviewizguy

But it's kinda obvious this is not the case, now is it? It has a 100% on RT and EW is calling it the scariest film this decade so it's apparent I'm not promoting a "bad movie." You're just an a-hole picking on me. Just stop it. I would really appreciate it if you stopped your negative, rude, immature, dictatorial, insolent comments. Right now, you're giving a VERY weak argument to say the least. You're suggesting that I'm now promoting a "bad" movie when it's clearly the opposite.

I understand it's doing well with critcs. And I'm not saying it is a bad movie. I mean where did I ever write the words "wow, this movie sucks, why are you backing it" in my original post? What I'm questioning, and what others in this thread are questioning, is why you chose this forum of all forums to promote it? I mean it makes little sense to promote it here, a forum which the only promoting that is done is to promote which bad movies are worthy of getting razzed. I'm not saying THIS movie is bad, but let's face it, it won't reach the success that "Blair Witch" had, and it doesn't make sense to promote in here of all places, which is a forum all about bad movies.

[/QUOTE]
BS. It's CLEARLY me as a person that you want to pick on. I don't care what you say that you and everyone else on this site it trying to do. I can see right through it. And I can say the same with your blind hate for movies that you have never even seen. You're a hypocrite.
[/QUOTE]

First of all, I can't judge you as a person because I don't know anything about you outside of what you type here in the forum. Based on that, all I know is that you love movies, you're in either your late teens or early 20s, you live in a state that has 6.0 GPAs, and you're M. Night's biggest fan. That's it. So it's not you as a person I'm insulting, it's your taste in movies and the fact you defend them in a forum that is all about mocking them.

Secondly, I have already explained that I do get around to seeing the movies that are posted in this forum, or get Razzie nods, or win Razzies. 9 times out of 10, they are BAD movies and they deserve to get mocked. But that is my opinion, and the opinion of most people who visit this forum. Clearly, the problem is you and I have very opposite opinions of what a "good" movie is, which leads to posts like this.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2009 at 8:39am

What I'm questioning, and what others in this thread are questioning, is why you chose this forum of all forums to promote it?

I used like five other sites. Why not this? I'm questioning why every one on this site is bashing me on doing such a thing when other users on here have posted good things about movies too, which, in a way, promotes the film.

I'm not saying THIS movie is bad, but let's face it, it won't reach the success that "Blair Witch" had, and it doesn't make sense to promote in here of all places, which is a forum all about bad movies.

That's funny since a lot of people are calling this the next "Blair Witch."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>