Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > MEMBER-STARTED FORUMS on 2013 TITLES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

PERCY JACKSON: SEA OF MONSTERS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PERCY JACKSON: SEA OF MONSTERS
    Posted: August 15 2013 at 9:36pm
MEMBER STARTED FORUM:  

THE PERCY JACKSON AND THE OLYMPIANS SERIES WAS A MILDLY POPULAR SERIES OF NOVELS FOR THE PRETEEN AND YOUNG ADULT DEMOGRAPHIC THAT COMBINED GREEK MYTHOLOGY WITH POPULAR CULTURE. RICK RIORDAN DEMONSTRATED HIS WRITING TALENT WITH COLORFUL CHARACTERS, VIVID TRAVELS, AND PAGE-TURNING PLOTLINES.

BY THE END OF THE DECADE OF THE 00-AGENTS, THE HARRY POTTER FILMS WERE OVER HALFWAY THROUGH THEIR RUN, AND FANTASY AFICIONADOS WERE WAITING FOR A WORTHY SUCCESSOR. HALF-BLOOD FANS HELD CAUTIOUS OPTIMISM FOR PERCY JACKSON AND THE OLYMPIANS: THE LIGHTNING THIEF...

...UNTIL THE TRAILER DEBUTED IN 2009, DASHING OUR HOPES. IT RELEASED IN THE WINTER OF 2010 TO BELOW-AVERAGE REVIEWS (BUT AT LEAST IT WASN'T THE WOLFMAN [REMAKE] OR VALENTINE'S DAY). ABOUT A YEAR LATER, IT WAS ANNOUNCED AN ADAPTATION OF THE SECOND BOOK, THE SEA OF MONSTERS, WAS IN THE WORKS. WE KNEW IT WAS BAD NEWS.

THE BEST THING THAT CAN BE SAID of PERCY JACKSON: SEA OF MONSTERS IS IT'S ACTION-PACKED EYE CANDY. IT GOT A MARGINAL APPROVAL RATING AT ROTTEN TOMATOES, AND CRITICS COULDN'T WASH AWAY THEIR INTUITIONS TELLING THEM THE PLOT, EVENTS, AND CHARACTERS WERE CARBON COPIES OF OTHERS, BUT THEIR ORIGINS WERE NEVER FOUND.

I FOR ONE WOULD RECOMMEND THIS FOR WORST PREQUEL, SEQUEL, CROSSOVER, OR SPIN-OFF. BUT HOW ABOUT YOU? FEEL FREE TO FEED YOUR VITRIOL TO THE SEA MONSTERS BELOW! 

NOBODY IS LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT THREE+ INSTALLMENTS! UNLIKE IN THE STORY OF POLYPHEMUS, "NOBODY" IS NOT JUST AN ALIAS! HARDLY ANY FILM GOERS WILL ANTICIPATE THE NEXT ONE!
Dun-Ida View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2013 at 12:24am
Here are my Razzie nomination suggestions for this film:   

Worst Picture  

Worst Actor: Logan Lerman has displayed wooden 'acting'. This can be noticed when there is little action.  

Worst Prequel, Remake, Ripoff or Sequel   

Worst Director: Thor Freudenthal. The pace he put to this movie makes it difficult to see character interaction. 

Worst Screenplay: Marc Guggenheim is also responsible for the lack of character development and interaction. 

Worst Screen Couple: Logan Lerman and, Alexandra Daddario or Leven Rambin or Douglas Smith. Logan Lerman's wooden acting makes any pairing with him a bad combination. 

Worst Screen Ensemble: Logan Lerman as the lead really takes a toll on the ensemble. 
Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2013 at 12:28pm
I just saw it. For your consideration: Worst Prequel or Sequel, and, Worst Excuse for Family Entertainment. Oh, and maybe Worst Screen Ensemble.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2014 at 12:28pm
On this episode, I compare this to the 1st installment (skip to 01:10):

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply