Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > SEX & THE CITY, TOO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Perhaps THIS Will Bling a Bell?!?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perhaps THIS Will Bling a Bell?!?!?!?
    Posted: May 22 2010 at 6:11pm
IN a TIME WHEN FAMILIES ARE STILL BEING EVICTED from FORECLOSED HOMES, JOBS ARE STILL TOO SCARCE and GENUINE LAUGHS ARE SCARCER STILL, IT's ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE to DEFEND a PAEAN to MATERIALISM and BLING LIKE SEX AND THE CITY #2...  

AND, JUST LIKE the FIRST FILM (and FRANKLY, the ENTIRE HBO SERIES) THIS ONE IS #2 in MANY WAYS... 

LET'S TAKE a MOMENT, and COUNT THOSE WAYS:  

1) THERE'S NOT ONE of ITS CORE GROUP of CHARACTERS WHO ISN'T BLING-OBSESSED, SHOE-OBSESSED, FASHION-OBSESSED or OTHERWISE FOCUSED ON the TRULY UNIMPORTANT THINGS in LIFE...  

2) AREN'T THESE LADIES GETTING a TAD LONG-in-the-TOOTH to STILL BE LIVING THIS LIFESTYLE??  

3) WAS IT TOO MUCH to HOPE THAT, SINCE IT's LARGELY SET in DUBAI, the FOUR MAIN LADIES WOULD BE FORCED to WEAR BURKAS -- and the AUDIENCE WOULD BE SPARED HAVING to LOOK at THEIR SURGICALLY ENHANCED FACES??

3) THIS SHOULD QUALIFY for WORST SEQUEL, WORST ACTRESS (PERHAPS a GROUP NOMINATION for the FOUR PRINCIPALS) WORST SCREENPLAY, WORST EXCUSE for a ROM/COM and, THANKS to a MERCIFULLY BRIEF CAMEO by 1988 WORST ACTRESS RAZZIE® "WINNER" LIZA MINNELLI, WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS... 

SADLY, WOMEN ALL ACROSS AMERICA ATE THIS UP with a SPOON...WHILE MOST MEN WE KNOW FOUND IT ABOUT as APPETIZING AS a SPOONFUL of BOOGERS. 

OKAY, WE'VE RUN OUT of VITRIOL -- NOW IT's YOUR TURN!  

UPDATE/SPECIAL LINK: HERE's a LINK to READ REX REED's NEW YORK OBSERVER REVIEW of THIS FILM -- A SPOT-ON SLAM of BOTH the FILM and ITS WORLD VIEW, 
WE PROMISE YOU'LL ENJOY READING IT! 

LIZA: "I SURRENDER!! Just give me that Worst 
Supporting Actress nomination now..."  

SCARY LINK: LIZA IS SEEN ABOVE SINGING BEYONCE's 
"IF YOU LIKE IT, THEN YOU SHOULDA PUT a RING ON IT!" 
-- and DOING SO HORRIBLY! 

HERE's a LINK to SEE and HEAR IT, IN AWL ITZ GOD-AWFUL 
GLORY, on YOU TUBE...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2010 at 6:24pm
*Looks at the cast of this movie* Busu! Busu! BUSU!

Several elderly women who worked at my high school liked Sex & The City 1. I heard it was average, not good, not bad. With George "Dubya" Bush out of office, it's easy to forget the economy's irredeemably stuck in the tank. I will give it a pinch of credit: This doesn't look nearly as bad as Bratz: The Movie (the 4th worst film of 2007). However, nearly all the women in this movie are so ugly!

UPDATE: Upon a closer look, Minelli's legs look like they're made out of wood in that photo!
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2010 at 9:53pm
I always thought "Sex And The City" was just "Bratz For Middle-Aged Women", mostly because, well, THEY ARE!  

Originally posted by GTAHater767

This doesn't look nearly as bad as Bratz: The Movie (the 4th worst film of 2007).However, nearly all the women in this movie are so ugly!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2010 at 5:44pm
Don't forget:

4.) Miley Cyrus has a cameo. If that's not an excuse to run for the hills, then I don't know what is.
You think you know, but you have no idea.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2010 at 7:31pm
My lord -- this movie just gets more Razzie-worthy by the minute!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2010 at 10:29am

The ending of the show was OK, but why do they continue? 

I'm just glad they didn't make the first movie right after the show ended like they planned,or it would've sucked. 
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2010 at 12:14pm
"Why do they continue?" The same reason ANYTHING is done in Hollywood: Money, Money, Money, Money, Money!  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: So is this post a Berry Subtle Reference to Liza Minnelli (LINK) who won her Oscar® for CABARET (YouTube LINK)...before "winning" her (first?) RAZZIE® for ARTHUR 2: ON THE ROCKS and RENT-A-COP???
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2010 at 1:33pm
The RT score (for the first one) was 49%, so even the crix called it average.  But this second one is starting off on the wrong track. Also, I am sick of this Bling and Bratz stuff.  It promotes "Libby" girls and encourages these bratty girls from birth through adulthood...

Oh crap, I just thought of something even scarierSex and the City 3: Geriatric Girls.  They will wear skimpy clothing in this, parade about with their bling even then, brag about how they are better than everyone else, and also the traditional SatC stuff.  Eddie Murphy makes a cameo as Rasputia from Norbit!

Also, I do agree about the wooden legs.  Isn't their acting just as wooden?  Wooden also makes me think of Keanu Reeves, for some reason...  
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2010 at 4:41pm
Eddie Murphy in drag for a "Sex and the City 3"!? No, do not speak of such a thing, or else it might actually happen!!!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2010 at 5:46pm
Don't worry, Murphy's busy getting up 10 drag costumes for NUTTY PROFESSOR 3.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2010 at 6:14pm
Would that mean Murphy could be eligible to win 10+ Razzies in one award season?!?!?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2010 at 7:22pm
Let's see...Murphy would be elegible for "Worst Actor"(as SHERMAN KLUMP and BUDDY LOVE)"Worst Supporting Actor"(as PAPA & ERNIE KLUMP)"Worst Supporting Actress"(as MAMA & GRANDMA KLUMP) and "Worst Screenplay." With the rest of the categories, it depends:  

1)"Worst Picture" and/or "Worst Remake or Sequel": He may be a producer, but probably won't be director. He said so after HARLEM NIGHTS.

2)"Worst Couple"We don't know the co-stars, but he could be nominated by himself again for 2 or more of his characters.
Julianstark View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Julianstark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2010 at 8:06pm
Back onto the topic of Sex and the City 2, has anyone heard Liza Minnelli's cover of "Singles Ladies (Put a Ring on It)"? It's kind of a terrible cover, if you ask me.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Guess you missed it above (just below the scary image of Liza with no pants on) -- Here's a YouTube LINK to hear Minnelli's mangling of the Beyonce' song. But, no, it's not "kind of a terrible cover," it's an out-and-out terrible cover. For one thing, the back-up track sounds like Karaoke Night in Kansas City!  
For Your 2010 Razzie Consideration: The Bounty Hunter and Leap Year --
Check out my blog! Movies and Other Things
kelemenmarc View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote kelemenmarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2010 at 9:11am
Ok i don't care if SJP will be nominated but don't hurt Cynthia Nixon and Kim Cattrall. Cynthia has some very incredible performances and i think Kim was the only funny thing about SATC 2. 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Unfortunately, the likely upshot for the leading ladies in this is that, in order to allow room for other "achievements" in their category, like The Spice Girls and decade ago and the Jonas Brothers for 2009, the four of them would be listed JOINTLY for Worst Actress. BTW: The "Girls" and the "Brothers" both ending up as RAZZIE® "winners"...  
FYC:
Worst Movie: The Bounty Hunter
Worst Actor: Johnny Depp (Alice in Wonderland / The Tourist)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2010 at 11:19am
I find it kinda odd that the women are taking a vacation in an Arab country, but are allowed to dress however they like. Only in the movies could women have "fun" being in an anti-female country!  
kelemenmarc View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote kelemenmarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2010 at 3:03pm
Please, every voter who reads this - we have already got for Worst Actress this year: Megan Fox, Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Lopez, Milla Jovovich, Kristen Bell, Kristen Stewart, etc. So please forget about the SATC girls, or just vote for SJP, cause the other 3 women don't deserve your votes.
FYC:
Worst Movie: The Bounty Hunter
Worst Actor: Johnny Depp (Alice in Wonderland / The Tourist)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>