Forum Home Forum Home > MOVIES & DVDs of the WEEK > Worst Movie of the Week
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Phat Girlz

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote messy-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phat Girlz
    Posted: April 07 2006 at 8:28am
I"m not saying that Benchwarmers (also released on April 7) doesn't suck, it probably does. But it can't be worse than Phat Girlz, which is on a level with Ultraviolet in it's ineptitude.

It's basically a humorless political rant about the treatment of people of girth in today's world. There isn't a single laugh in the whole thing and the last half hour is like a very long commerical.

The writing is horrid, the plot moronic, and the acting mediocre. There is nothing at all to recomend this movie, but since this is to celebrate bad movies, then celebrate this. The REAL worst movie of the week.

I would like to thank the genuinely wonderful pubicity people at Fox Searchlight for letting me into the "curtesy screening" they had this morning. I didn't have to pay for it out of my own pocket and am thus very greatful.
Guests View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2008 at 8:44pm

hehe ~ i'm a new here. thank you for your sharing, and leave my foot&nbs p;print! 

curl View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote curl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2011 at 10:47pm
It sounds the same to  me as Mean Girls, in my opinion. 
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2011 at 8:02pm
I saw this movie -- it's nothing like "Mean Girls," but it sends a message that isn't true to the movie's story. You have a lead character who is over 400 lbs., who wants true love as a whole person, and not in spite of having an ugly body ... yet she chases after a man who is ripped like Atlas. Kinda talking out of both sides of their faces, if you ask me.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
 Post Reply Post Reply