Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Events, Announcements & Activities > POLL: PICK the BIGGEST B.O. BUMMER of SUMMER '06!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Pick Summer’s Biggest B.O. BOMB!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Which of These Films Will Fail Most Spectacularly?
Poll Choice Poll Statistics
[17.73%]
[21.18%]
[15.76%]
[5.91%]
[6.40%]
[2.96%]
[8.87%]
[8.87%]
[1.97%]
[10.34%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pick Summer’s Biggest B.O. BOMB!
    Posted: May 17 2006 at 3:57am

FOR SUMMER 2005, ALMOST NOTHING CROSSED the MAGIC $200 MILLION LINE at the BOX OFFICE. THIS YEAR LOOKS to BE MORE of the SAME...BUT WHICH of THESE BIG-BUDGET "WONDERS' WILL TURN OUT to BE THE SUMMER's BIGGEST B.O. BLUNDER?? 

Once You've VOTED, Feel Free to POST Your Thoughts Below...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2006 at 4:00am
I'm picking "Da Vinci Code" because everyone presumes it'll be a gi-normous hit -- and I hear it's actually boring as Hell!
Everything SUX!
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2006 at 2:57am
Razz, I got to vote for THE OMEN, because everyone knows the Antichrist
isn't on the screen, he's in the Oval Office!
messy-1 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote messy-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2006 at 12:23pm
"The Da Vinci Code" is, in fact, critic-proof and therefore cannot bomb. It'll make its money back.

Little Man may be the worst film of the summer, but Garfield 2 cost more money, and will do less business.
#1-Film Freak!! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Film Freak!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2006 at 7:07am

What about Adam Sandler in CLICK -- It looks really dumb, and Sandler hasn't got anyone's name next to his above the title on this one. It was also prominently featured in your "Sneak Pique" list at the beginning of the year (LINK) Have you changed your mind about it??

Since I hate Sandler's stupid movies anyway, I sure hope CLICK bombs!

Nobody LUVS movies more than ME!
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2006 at 10:13pm
Looks like The DaVinci code has been laughed at by critics and audiences (here and in Frogland). I'm guessing it will be a box office flop in the long run.
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
Vidiot View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vidiot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2006 at 2:41am
Hands down....Poseidon 2006

Production = $160,000,000

Box Office Worldwide = $34,968,000

I dunno what the hell they spent on marketing, but I know it was plenty. Warner is only shy $130,000,000 to cover just the production costs...

ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2006 at 8:20am

Other than Poseidon sinking Faster than the Titanic (The real ship, not the movie) it will be The Fast and Making Me Furious 3 that will be the biggest Bomb of 2006. It has the one Major Ingredient for failure: Not a living soul from the first 2 F&F films (Including Paul Walker) is in it. If I am wrong, it will not be by much...  

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2006 at 2:37pm
I never thought "The DaVinci Code" would bomb, and it hasn't.  $77 mill in the USA and $300M worldwide is a lot of popcorn!
I was not surrprised that "The World's Fastest Indian" became the world's fastest movie bomb.  It cost 25mil to make and has yet to gross 5mil.  Another non-surprise was "The Nortorious Bettie Page", this tame version of her wild life cost mush more then the single million it's taken in so far.
I was also happy to see that "CSA etc" has lost money, it was a stupid movie based on a so-so book.  I was bored half way thru the book and lost interest in the movie after 20 minutes.
  The public may just like "Miami Vice", it's a bit more serious and gritty then the TV show was, and makes a bit more sense.   Too bad about Garfield, he's no match for Sylvester, maybe he should have developed a lisp?  Tim Allen?  hmm, maybe he should have stuck with standup comedy?  Maybe he and Eddie Murphy could do something together?  Hopefuly not a movie though!
"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 2:52am

Sorry, guys, but The Da Vinci Code is NOT going to be a B.O. Bomb at all. It's getting close to reaching over $100 Million at the Box office. I picked Fast and Furious 3 because it just doesn't look good at all. I mean, make a vehicular movie in Japan? C'mon, Hollywood, give me a break.

Some people say 3 is a magic number. Well, maybe it is, but 3 definitely has not been a magic number for movies!

The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
messy-1 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote messy-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2006 at 1:09am
Da Vinci is about to hit the half billion mark world wide.
MI:III is almost at 400 million. They may be bad, but they're hits.

Poseidon is "the bomb" (and not in a good way!).
Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2006 at 7:27am

Gosh darn!  Poseidon is sinking?   I mean, it should have been better than "Titanic"!    In "Titanic" the ship sunk, so right off the bat, we're ahead of the curve!   

"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"
Raspberry_Pie View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Raspberry_Pie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2006 at 8:01am

I just had to go with Garfield 2, though those other movies look like they'd bomb just as much.

Hollywood: Crap Movies-R-Us
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2006 at 3:11pm

Response to Raspberry_Pie: Let's just hope that the performance pitiful of Garfield 2 is bad enough not to subject the adults to another Lasagna-sized course of Garfield 3. I really do not want my 8 and 4 year old dragging me into a 3rd helping of this kitty litter infested franchise. The last 2 helpings were bad enough to give me the runs for a week apiece.

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
ninjacat11 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote ninjacat11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2006 at 1:47pm
Fast and The Furious.
gertie the duck View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote gertie the duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2006 at 5:47am
Garfield. Can't see anyone (not even little kids) wanting to subject themselves to this...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>