Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > MEMBER-STARTED FORUMS on 2013 TITLES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

PLANES

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PLANES
    Posted: August 15 2013 at 9:45pm
MEMBER STARTED FORUM:

THE ONLY LINK IN THE PIXAR PANTHEON WEAKER THAN A BUG'S LIFE IS THE CARS ARC. NOT ONLY DO PEOPLE GENERALLY AGREE THAT CARS WAS EASILY THE LOWEST QUALITY PIXAR FILM OF LAST DECADE, BUT LIGHTNING McQUEEN HOLDS MANY A DUBIOUS DISTINCTION.

BESIDES BEING THE GO-TO DISNEY CHARACTER FOR TIE-INS WITH CHILDREN'S HYGIENE PRODUCTS, THE MAIN CHARACTER OF CARS HAS BECOME AN INFAMOUS SYMBOL OF CHEAP PLASTIC TOYS THAT FALL APART EASILY AND THE PROBLEM OF CHINESE SLAVE-OID FACTORY LABOR TO FILL THE MERCHANDISE COMPANY'S POCKET BOOKS.

IT GOT WORSE A HALF DECADE LATER. UNFORTUNATELY FOR FILM GOERS AND PIXAR FANATICS, CARS HAPPENED TO BE THE TOP PIXAR HEAD'S PERSONAL FAVORITE. IN JUNE 2011, CARS 2 BECAME THE FIRST PIXAR FILM TO UNDERPASS 40% APPROVAL RATING AT ROTTEN TOMATOES (THE BOUNDARY BETWEEN A C- AND A D+). SIMPLY PUT, IT WAS BAD!!!

THIS SUMMER, DISNEY TOON BUTTED INTO THE DRAMA WITH THIS SPIN-OFF TO THE CARS SERIES. ORIGINALLY DEVELOPED AS A DIRECT-TO-DVD FILM, THEY REALIZED THEY COULD MAKE BANK, PUT A LITTLE MORE MONEY INTO THE BUDGET, AND RELEASED IT IN THEATRES. WITH LESS THAN 25% APPROVAL RATING AT ROTTEN TOMATOES, WE HAD SOME DECISIONS OF OUR OWN TO MAKE...

IT'S AN ANIMATED FILM, AND ANIMATED FEATURES MYSTERIOUSLY GET LITTLE ATTENTION FROM THE RAZZIES, BUT I PERSONALLY THINK THEY'RE MILKING THE CASH COW TO THE POINT OF BLEEDING, AND WISH TO RECOMMEND THIS FOR WORST PREQUEL, SEQUEL, CROSSOVER, OR SPIN-OFF. DO YOU? FLY YOUR AIRSTRIKE OVER THIS BELOW!

DISNEY TOON WANTED TO TAKE IT TO THE SKY, BUT THEY'VE SURELY RUN THE CARS FRANCHISE INTO THE GROUND. I DOUBT IT'LL BE LONG BEFORE THE POTBOILER SCHEME CURIOUSLY JUST... CRASHES INTO A ROCKFACE! 

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2013 at 8:30am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Although I have my doubts as to whether many of our Voting Members will even bother to see this film (supported by the lack of posts regarding it here) I had gone to the trouble of gathering info links on it before I decided not to create an Official Member Forum on PLANES, and hate to see that effort go to waste. So here they are:

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2013 at 10:45am
Well... since it's a sort of spin-off of CARS, I have to see it. I don't like not finishing franchises!
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2013 at 4:58pm
I just saw it. It currently ranks #2/3 in my All-Time Worst Animated Movies list. For your consideration:

-Worst Screenplay.
-Worst Prequel or Sequel.
-Worst Excuse for Family Entertainment.
-Worst Screenplay Grossing Over $100 Million.
-Worst Picture.

Oh, and maybe Worst Supp. Actor for both Cedric The Entertainer (also for A HAUNTED HOUSE) and Carlos Alazraqui. But not :

-Worst Actor for Dane Cook.
-Worst Supp. Actor for neither Stacy Keach nor Brad Garrett.
-Worst Supp. Actress for Teri Hatcher.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply