Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > JACK-ASS 3-D
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Please, Go JACK Yer ASS in Someone's Else's Face!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Please, Go JACK Yer ASS in Someone's Else's Face!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please, Go JACK Yer ASS in Someone's Else's Face!
    Posted: October 11 2010 at 12:15pm
Wow! That has got to be some kind of from-theater-to-DVD record!  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Did some quick "Google-checking," and the general consensus on what holds the record for Shortest-Window-from-Theatrical-to-DVD suggests that the title still belongs to 2003 Worst Picture nominee (and multiple RAZZIE "winner") FROM JUSTIN TO KELLY, which debuted on DVD less than 50 days after its theatrical debut, About 10 days later, it also set a new record for fastest trip from regular DVD shelves at WalMart into the 99-cent remainder bins... 

And, depending on when in December JACKASS 3.5 debuts, it could rival JUSTIN's record...

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2010 at 12:28pm
I don't care how good the media makes it look, there is no way I'm buying any of the hype for this mess!  

BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2010 at 1:12pm
You tell them, Miguel! Now, if only moviewizguy would take your advice...  
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
rocketsfan05 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote rocketsfan05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2010 at 1:58pm
I don't understand the point of these movies. Why do people shell out $10 for a ticket (not to mention $3 extra for those flimsy glasses) to see this piece of crap> The fact that there has been even one of these films, let alone three (and a TV show!) makes me shudder about how stupid the human race is. BTW anyone see the commercial, where they have the audience laughing their asses off after EVERY SINGLE TIME SOMEONE GETS HIT! Is that stock footage, or has "humor" really regressed that much?

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Welcome to our Forum!  To address your queries: These movies exist because apparently there is an audience for this kind of mind-numbing idiocy -- Between them, the first 2 JACKASS movies cost under $17 million to produce...and took in about $161 million in worldwide box office (B.O. MoJo LINK). 

As for the "raucously laughing" audience shots in this film's promos, I'd guess they're stock footage. I am amused by their similarity to audience shots used in recent promos for Comedy Central's TOSH.0 --except in those shots, the audience was repeatedly barfing. Maybe those shoots could be used for "Review Spots" quoting critics about JACKASS 3-D??    

sh*tty movies are the opiate of the masses.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2010 at 4:16pm
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...I'm all for these movies...keep making them, please! It's only a matter of time before they will have fulfilled their logical purpose, if you get my drift.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2010 at 8:14am

Get this, Paramount is NOT gonna screen this for the critics (according to http://shareddarkness.com/2010/10/11/paramount-doesnt-screen-jackass-3-paranormal-2.aspx). It's probably so bad that the bosses at Paramount are clinging to their piggy banks in the hopes that the critics won't put off the audiences.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Actually, since the kind of audiences who would be interested in seeing something this idiotic probably don't even read critics' reviews (and may not even be able to read!) the idea that keeping the film from being pre-screened will impact their opening weekend is, on the face of it, ridiculous. Their bigger concern should be whether people interested in seeing this can even figure out how their front doorknobs work so they aren't "trapped" in their homes... 

You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2010 at 7:30pm
Yeah, horror movie fans don't really care about critics' reviews either. How else has the tiresome slasher movie formula lasted this long?
tomsmo35 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2010 at 3:40pm
They did Jackass 2.5 long after Jackass, and I heard they shot extra stuff that they wanted to use for Jackass 2, but were not able. So I guess it's same thing here with 3.5??  
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2010 at 7:45am
Here's the CNN article by Brendan FitzGerald and Emily Ruane on set for the Jack-Ass 3D movie.  Concerning the filming of the scene where Steve-O is launched hundreds of feet in the air in a Port-O-Potty full of fecal matter, these two wrote the quote of the day:

Despite the smell and intermittent bouts of vomiting by the crew, I could tell that everyone on set knew they'd created something special.

Now, that quote almost made me vomit. . . .

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2010 at 9:31am
Actually, that port-o-potty stunt is just a rehashing of their very first stunt when Johnny Knoxvillie was inside one when it was turned over by a forklift. But since Jackass fans have the attention span and memory of a football, they wouldn't notice that.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2010 at 2:43pm
I have an idea for the next one!!! Suppose we put one of them in a 50's vintage refrigerator and take them out to a nuclear test site....
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2010 at 4:24pm
I'm surprised that "Nuking the Fridge" is the one stunt they HAVE NOT done yet! 

I mean, look how well everyone took to it when it was done in scripted movie!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2010 at 6:02pm
How sad is it that even the morons who appear in the Jackass movies can figure out that it would mean certain death, but Hollywood scriptwriters have such a low opinion of our intelligence that they evidently believe we can't figure that out.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2010 at 6:24pm
I guess the Jackass people have had more sense knocked into them over the years than Hollywood studio heads have ever had...
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2010 at 6:39pm
The JACKASS movies don't have script writers.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2010 at 8:32pm
We know Jackass movies don't have script writers. The joke was that the guys who do the stunts on Jackass have more common sense than screenwriters (the ones who wrote "Indy 4") do, since they (the Jackasses) know "nuking a fridge" is not a bright idea.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>