Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > JACK-ASS 3-D
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Please, Go JACK Yer ASS in Someone's Else's Face!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Please, Go JACK Yer ASS in Someone's Else's Face!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please, Go JACK Yer ASS in Someone's Else's Face!
    Posted: October 18 2010 at 11:46am
The series would probably have to stop. Yes, it's sad, but true. In order for this series to end, someone has to die!  

Originally posted by Vits

I wonder what would happen if one of the guys actually died during a stunt?
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 12:56pm
Head RAZZberry: Then we would have to go into a whole other debate about how media can influence people into committing crime/violence. WWE also has the same disclaimer for the young kids who watch their show. You don't know if these people would copy what they're seeing onscreen. 

Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

And I would argue that admitting they're being stupid doesn't excuse their also being potentially dangerous -- The audiences to whom these films appeal are largely impressionable young teens who are likely to emulate what they've seen in the movie. If this weren't an issue, do you honestly think Paramount would have that disclaimer advising against imitating the movie so prominently featured in every JACKASS ad??  
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 1:55pm
First off, if WWE was so concerned about kids doing what their wrestlers do on TV, they wouldn't make kids their target audience ... which they only did so it would be easier for Linda McMahon to win a seat in the Senate, so she could block streroid investigations into the company (or whatever her real reasons for running are). As for Jackass, the only reason why those morons do what they do is because they are paid VERY well for it. And chances are, anyone stupid enough to pay money to see these people hurt themselves on purpose and laugh at it would probably be stupid enough to also try those same stunts, as saturnwatcher and Head RAZZ have suggested.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 2:06pm
You guys have a point.Have you seen THE WRESTLER(6/10)? It's a good example. 
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Originally posted by Vits

I wonder what would happen if one of the guys actually die during a stunt.
The series would probably have to stop. Yes, it's sad, but true. In order for the series to end, someone has to die.

I meant during the filming of one the movies. 

First off, if WWE was so concerned about kids doing what their wrestlers do on TV, they wouldn't make kids their target audience. As for Jackass, the only reason why those morons do what they do is because they are paid VERY well for it. And chances are, anyone stupid enough to pay money to see these people hurt themselves on purpose and laugh at it would probably be stupid enough to also try those same stunts, as saturnwatcher has suggested.

So wrestlers don't get paid? People don't pay money to see the WWE? People don't get an urge to wrestle like they see on TV, but few actually do it?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 2:22pm
What we're saying is kids shouldn't watch the WWE, since it's about violence and doing stunts that can get them injuried or hurt. Although not ALL wrestlers go the way of Rourke's character in "The Wrestlers", many do have drug programs and end up poor and alone. In fact there have been 95 wrestlers who have worked in the WWF/E  since 1985 have died before they reached 60 years old!
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 7:56pm
What would happen if one of the guys actually died during a stunt?? The movie studio would collect on the insurance policy, of course. . .  Shocked
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 9:27pm
That could be yet another reason why they keep greenlighting this stuff!  

Originally posted by cvcjr13

The movie studio would collect on the insurance policy, of course. . . . Shocked
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2010 at 3:05pm
Disclaimer: The following post is completely tongue-in-cheek. Don't try this at home!

Everytime I think about being deeply critical of the guys who do the dumb stunts in this film, it occurs to me that sometime in early January, I'm going to have to watch all the 2010 Razzie nominees. Now I ask you, which is really dumber and more potentially hazardous to one's health...intellectual health anyway?
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2010 at 3:19pm
Watching the nominees in order to decide which movies are the worst isn't a favor to the world, but it's a lot closer to it than the stunts in JACKASS 3-D.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2010 at 7:43pm
Your idea is more harmful. Especially these 10: The Bounty Hunter, Furry Vengeance, Sex & the City 2, Killers, Jonah Hex, Grown-Ups, The Last Airbender, Vampires Suck, You Again, and My Soul to Take.  

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

Disclaimer: The following post is completely tongue-in-cheek. Don't try this at home!

Everytime I think about being deeply critical of the guys who do the dumb stunts in this film, it occurs to me that sometime in early January, I'm going to have to watch all the 2010 Razzie nominees. Now I ask you, which is really dumber and more potentially hazardous to one's health...intellectual health anyway?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2010 at 8:19pm
I would suggest watching each Razzie movie one at a time, maybe one day at a time, then follow up by watching a good movie afterwards to recover from each blow to your senses. A stunt like watching all the contenders in a single sitting might lead to you losing your critical eye for movies ... and we all know what happens when you reach that level!  Wink   

Everytime I think about being deeply critical of the guys who do the dumb stunts in this film, it occurs to me that sometime in early January, I'm going to have to watch all the 2010 Razzie nominees. Now I ask you, which is really dumber and more potentially hazardous to one's health...intellectual health anyway?
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2010 at 3:29pm
I most definitely will NOT watch them all in one sitting. nor even in a marathon over a couple of days...I've already picked off a few of the most likely ones, so that will ease the pain somewhat. The entire experience will probably be washed down not with a few good movies, but several REALLY good books.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2010 at 7:24am
Books? BOOKS?! You mean they still make those?  

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2010 at 8:07am
Yeah, you download them to your Kindle or iPad, you read them, and then you go out and download some more.  

Isn't that right, saturnwatcher? . . .  

saturnwatcher? . . . Wacko  

I most definitely will NOT watch them all in one sitting. nor even in a marathon over a couple of days...I've already picked off a few of the most likely ones, so that will ease the pain somewhat. The entire experience will probably be washed down not with a few good movies, but several REALLY good books.
Books? BOOKS?! You mean they still make those?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2010 at 7:49pm
Yes, for all you know, one day, there will be no paper books. Although that would save on trees, but might raise the prices of batteries.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2010 at 11:49pm
Nah, they'll chop down the trees to fuel the power plants to provide energy to recharge the lithium batteries for e-readers -- batteries that will probably require an incredibly awful process to make, full of waste products.  We're not green yet. . .   

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>