Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > CATS & DOGS #2: THE REVENGE of KITTY GALORE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Please, Pick Up After This DOG!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please, Pick Up After This DOG!!!
    Posted: July 26 2010 at 3:51pm
JUST WHEN YOU THINK HOLLYWOOD CAN'T BE ANY MORE BLATANT in THEIR PANDERING for FAMILY AUDIENCE BUX (and 3-D GLASSES FEES!) ALONG COMES CATS & DOGS: THE REVENGE OF KITTY GALORE, a TOTALLY INDEFENSIBLE "SEQUEL" to a RAZZIE® "WINNING" MOVIE...from NEARLY TEN YEARS AGO! 

WITH a TITLE DIMLY "RIFFING" on a JAMES BOND CHARACTER (from 46 YEARS AGO) and FEATURING a VOICE CAST CHECK-FULL of OSCAR® WANNA-BEs, RAZZIE® USED-to-BEs and FACES FAMILIAR from POLICE ARREST PHOTO OPs, THIS ONE MAY NOT EVEN BE WORTH BOTHERING to RAZZ...  

BUT WE'LL LET YOU TELL US BELOW WHATCHA THINK -- IS THIS ONE a PUPPY DESERVING of BEING "PUT DOWN" (and WE DO MEAN THAT in ALL of IT's VARIOUS DEFINITIONS)...

POOPY PUPPY: "This microfilmed image of a page from 
the screenplay for CATS & DOGS #2 should be enough 
evidence to prove once-and-for-all that creativity in 
Hollywood has totally gone to the dogs..."
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2010 at 4:48pm
My head hurts just from looking at the picture!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2010 at 5:52pm
*My head hurts as well.

*When I found out about this movie, some of us said... [Nancy Kerrigan] WHYYYYYY!!!??? WHYYYYYYY!!!??? [/Nancy Kerrigan]

*Because this is THE most un-called-for sequel this year, how about one nomination?
sampsoninc916 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote sampsoninc916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2010 at 6:42pm
I knew that this would be added to the forum. No one truly and dearly wanted a sequel to this. The first was just pretty average, but by 2003, people forgot about it and moved on. Now they're unleashing this sequel upon us. People truly wanted a sequel to Tron, but no one seriously wanted a sequel to Cats and Dogs. Tron has a strong cult following. Cats and Dogs is behind in being a cult movie. Also, not to mention, I should say something interesting about Honor Blackman's character in Goldfinger. Her character was original going to be named Kitty Galore, all the way back when Goldfinger was in production in the 60s, but they changed it to Pussy Galore. Now, 46 years later, a movie took Albert R. Brocolli and Harry Saltzman's first idea on the character of Pussy Galore and put it in the title. I always seem to want to measure talking animal movies to the greatness of Babe, which I saw in theaters when it came out in '95, itself being the greatest talking animal movie ever.
Do you think I was young enough to grow up watching Smurfs, Thundercats, and reruns of shows like A-Team and Dukes of Hazzard, and Alvin and the Chipmunks?
rburton View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rburton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2010 at 7:20pm
People truly wanted a sequel to Tron??  No.
For Your Consideration

Dev Patel for WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR in The Last Fartbender
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2010 at 7:27pm

It seems that animal films are really hitting a new low this year.  First there was Furry Vengeance, then there was Marmaduke, and now there is this.  This film should get nominated for Worst Remake, Ripoff or Sequel, but it'll have a hard time competing against Vampires Suck, The Last Airbender and Sex and the City 2.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2010 at 11:59am
We have "The Chipmunks" and "Garfield" movies to thank for that. Yet more examples of Hollywood raping my childhood!  

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

It seems that animal films are really hitting a new low this year.  First there was Furry Vengeance, then there was Marmaduke, and now there is this.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2010 at 3:43pm
What makes you say so?  

Originally posted by rburton

Originally posted by sampsoninc916

People truly wanted a sequel to Tron...

No.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2010 at 4:37pm
I'm sure there were fans fo the first movie who wanted a sequel, however, they wanted it back in the '80s or '90s when the movie was fresh in everyone's mind. Now it's decades after the first and now everyone knows it's just an excuse for Hollywood to bank on the "20 years later" sequels and 3-D fads.  

Originally posted by oiram

Originally posted by rburton

Originally posted by sampsoninc916

People truly wanted a sequel to Tron...

No.
What makes you say so?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2010 at 4:51pm
Tron was a good film back in 1982, but I can't remember how sequel-open it was. Personally, I think Tron: Legacy has a 50/50 chance of huge success or hard flop.

And the RAZZIES tagged Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties and Alvin and the Chipmunks. Why is the rest of Hollywood trying to cash in on those two movies?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2010 at 5:45pm
Because little children are easily entertained and their parents are willing to pay anything just for a moment's rest.  

Originally posted by GTAHater767

And the RAZZIES tagged Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties and Alvin and the Chipmunks. Why is the rest of Hollywood trying to cash in on those two movies?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2010 at 6:17pm
If I had a child, I'd explain to them all the reasons they should hate this. Have you any idea why most of today's parents will give their kids anything they want? What's so different from decades past that kids won't be more selective anymore?
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2010 at 4:44pm
We're lucky Hollywood hasn't given us a CTD (Cinematically Transmitted Disease) yet.  They haven't given me one either, but I'm just saying...  

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

We have "The Chipmunks" and "Garfield" movies to thank for that. Yet more examples of Hollywood raping my childhood!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2010 at 5:28pm
Oh, it's only be a matter of time before they do...  

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

We're lucky Hollywood hasn't given us a CTD (Cinematically Transmitted Disease) yet.  They haven't given me one either, but I'm just saying...

DarkPhoenixSaga View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote DarkPhoenixSaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2010 at 6:07pm
Oh God, I would never see a sequel to Tron, because the effects in the original movie were horrible, and the plot really sucked!  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2010 at 6:37pm
Keep in mind, the original Tron movie was made in 1982, so of course by today's standards, the effects look like s***, but back then, it was considered cutting edge. 28 years from, people will be watching "Avatar" and thinking, "Wow, these effects are dated! Why was this movie so popular?!".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>