Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > MID-YEAR FORUM POLL and DISCUSSION...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

POLL: 2012's Berry WORST Picture...So Far

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which One Iz YOUR Choice??
Vote Poll Choice Poll Statistics
[14.55%]
[16.90%]
[30.99%]
[6.57%]
[9.39%]
[5.16%]
[5.16%]
[2.82%]
[3.76%]
[4.69%]

Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: POLL: 2012's Berry WORST Picture...So Far
    Posted: July 03 2012 at 11:42am
NOW THAT 2012 IS HALFWAY OVER,
WE THAWT WE'D ASK for YOUR FEEDBACK: 
WHAT DO YOU THINK 
IS the YEAR's BERRY WORST PICTURE...
SO FAR??

AFTER YOU VOTE, FEEL FREE 
to TAKE PART in OUR 
FORUM DISCUSSION of the CHOICES 
(THE ONES LISTED ABOVE and 
OTHERS YOU THINK WE MISSED) 
DIRECTLY BELOW THIS POSTING... 

TO HAVE a SAY in WHAT ACTUALLY 
"WINS" THIS YEAR's RAZZIES®,

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2012 at 3:21pm
GHOST RIDER 2.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2012 at 3:31pm
The Devil Inside was my obvious pick.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2012 at 5:48pm
Easily A Thousand Words.
Pictures move, do they?
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2012 at 7:17pm
Ironic for my 1,000th post, I voted for A Thousand Words. Any wide release starring a RAZZIE Habitual Offender and sporting a 0% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes deserves to be a Worst Picture finalist! If not A Thousand Words, then The Devil Inside, because out of all the wide releases in the former half of 2012 that I know of, it was the only one to underpass the 20% generally unfavorable / overwhelming dislike boundary at Metacritic. One thing that bums me out though, is that from the 2nd quarter of this year, EVERY wide release official RAZZIE contender except That's My Boy had more than 20% approval rating at Rotten T and 40% review scores at Metacritic, which can't be good for this year's RAZZIE harvest.

Now that July has begun, I was hoping to start a users' front-runners thread right next to the Here 'tis for my 1001st post. I'll be preparing my race listings momentarily.
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2012 at 5:31am
Truly A Thousand Words stands in a CRASS by itself. Honestly, nothing else comes close.
GIVE KIRK CAMERON THE RAZZING HE DESERVES!!!!!!
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2012 at 3:25pm
I voted Battleship, because yes, A Thousand Words was undeniably awful, but I feel that Battleship is overall worse because of the fact that it shows how little creativity is put into movies these days. 

PS: If John Carter is still a Worst Picture contender by the time the nominating ballots come out, I am going to blow someone's brains out! (Actually, that was an exaggeration -- but I definitely will not be happy!)  
Worst Career Achievement: Kim Jong-Un and the GOP
THIS MUST HAPPEN!!!

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2012 at 8:46pm
By "someone" you mean someone you know, right? I mean, how are you gonna shoot us -- through the internet?  LOL  

Don't worry: JOHN CARTER might make it onto the Nominating Ballot, but I expect it won't be nominated for Worst Picture. Not just because its reviews weren't bad enough, but also because there hasn't been a lot of hate for it on this forum.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Just a note -- While those who participate in this Forum are obviously among our most "active" members, in no way does commentary here reflect the opinions of our entire Voting Membership (we have about 700-or-so people in 47 U.S. states and about 17 foreign countries)...  

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Dun-Ida View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2012 at 11:43pm
What about Project X? That pile of crap deserves to be mentioned. I only voted for 'One For the Money' because 'Project X' wasn't on the list. 
Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2012 at 12:37am
Obviously, I picked a film with a certain RAZZIE winner from this year. Take a wild guess to what it is.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2012 at 6:13pm
If this poll means anything (which for now I assume it doesn't), I'm none too thrilled about John Carter having more votes than The Devil Inside.  

I'm starting to wonder how low I'd have to sink on my knees in order to beg John Carter's odds of being a Worst Picture finalist away. First Attack of the Clones, then Twilight: Eclipse, now this! If John Carter is truly the one that the voter base wants as a Worst Picture finalist, then they're building for a very poor representation of what the worst Hollywood had to offer this year was. If John Carter were a finalist, it would be as haunting as the time Dark of the Moon got nominated for Worst Picture of 2011, because while the reviews on Dark of the Moon were in the "marginal" range, those for Carter are only mediocre. I feel that The Devil Inside, One For the Money, Gone, A Thousand Words, and That's My Boy are the best representations of the worst of Hollywood's offerings in the first half of 2012. Heck, even Battleship could be thrown in for good measure. But John Carter simply doesn't fit in with those. 

But the important thing is the latter half of 2012 just began, and there's ample opportunity for much worse films to come our way that'll put John Carter behind us.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I am unclear if you are defending JOHN CARTER because you actually thought it was good, or because you simply don't think it was "bad enough" to be a RAZZIE® contender. Poor box office (especially when compared w/production budget) has long been one of the basic criteria for our awards -- and no matter what the reviews may have said, CARTER is clearly 2012's Highest-Profile B.O. Bomb. When a movie does so poorly that its releasing studio is forced to publicly declare a $200 million loss, by most any sane measure, the movie is an appropriate RAZZIE® target... 

Post Reply Post Reply