Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUM DISCUSSIONS of Specific 2014 Titles > MEMBER STARTED FORUMS on 2014 Titles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

POMPEII in 3-D

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ThatGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: POMPEII in 3-D
    Posted: February 22 2014 at 1:40pm
MEMBER-STARTED FORUM

I saw this mess Thursday night.  The last 15 minutes had everyone (no hyperbole, everyone!) laughing hysterically.  
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2014 at 1:55pm
SchumacherH8ter, this is why one should see the movie that he or she are planning to make a forum of as soon as possible.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2014 at 1:58pm
I'm still waiting on word from the cute girl in the library about this which is why I haven't seen it yet.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2014 at 1:59pm
If you don't hear anything by Sunday, see it anyways.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2014 at 1:59pm
R.T. (30%): "This big-budget sword-and-sandal adventure lacks the energy and storytelling heft to amount to more than a guilty pleasure".

Jeremy Jahns' review:

WHAT THE FLICK?!'s review:

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2014 at 2:07pm
So we have Kit Harington from Game of Thrones, Emily Browning, Kiefer Sutherland*, Jared Harris*, Carrie-Anne Moss, Jessica Lucas who was just in That Awkward Moment, and Mr. Echo from Lost who in real life has a name that is not pronounceable for the average person. This is directed Paul W. S. Anderson, of course, and it looks like this could be his time to finally be nominated for a Razzie.

It is so obvious he is trying to mix the disaster of Pompeii, which has been made into a movie many times including one that was technically the directorial debut of Sergio Leone**, with the love story aspect, a la Titanic, or in this case, the Razzie nominated Pearl Harbor. This all obviously does not work, and is going to be his downfall here.

*Those guy's fathers have been nominated for one Razzie each. Interesting trivia there.
**The man who made The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2014 at 2:31pm
I'm actually seeing it tonight regardless of her.
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2014 at 2:59pm
Reviews from Chris Stuckmann and SchmoesKnow:

"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2014 at 3:17pm
I think I can speak on behalf of all film buffs and say that you don't need to clarify who Leone is.
Originally posted by oiram

Sergio Leone**

**The man who made The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2014 at 4:07pm
Its for the non-film buffs.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2014 at 4:30pm
Sorry, I used the wrong words. Leone is one of history's most famous directors, so not only film buffs know he is. And no, I'm not a fanboy who feels the need to defend him. In fact, I find the first two DOLLARS movies to be overrated as Hell.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2014 at 4:40pm
What did you give them as grades?

(PS: Is this conversation more interesting than the movie Pompeii or what?)

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2014 at 4:57pm
5 and 6/10. And 8 for T.G.T.B.A.T.U..
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2014 at 7:05pm
Since I was beat to making this forum, I'll make up for it by reviewing this tomorrow. I'll wait to give my grade for it tomorrow, but if you want to know now, you can check my Twitter account.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2014 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Since I was beat to making this forum, I'll make up for it by reviewing this tomorrow. I'll wait to give my grade for it tomorrow, but if you want to know now, you can check my Twitter account.

This thread's initial post is so bare-bones. No write-up, Foto Funny, or anything. It all feels so makeshift! I have a proper write-up ready to post whenever, but I was hoping to start a proper forum for Pompeii with it. If I get permission to create a better one, I'll request everyone else to transplant the above posts there.
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Jly 25; Ratner's Hercules, Besson's Lucy. Ags 8; TMNT '014. Ags 13; Let's Be Cops. Ags 15; The Giver, The Expendables 3. Ags 29; Jessabelle
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2014 at 10:16am
Well, this thread already has a bunch of posts, including links to reviews. There have been many forums where the write-up and foto funny aren't in the first post, so why don't you just post them here?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>