Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2005 Film Discussions > KONG — The Post-Mortem...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Post Your KONG-SIzed Predictions Here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post Your KONG-SIzed Predictions Here!
    Posted: December 15 2005 at 6:29am
Actually Jack Black was really good in it. He's kind of like Jim Carrey, in that he's a comedic actor with great dramatic flair. ( Those that doubt Jim Carrey, watch Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Man on the Moon)
JoBloMovieGoer View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoBloMovieGoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2005 at 11:19am

Just saw at B.O.MoJo that "Kong" took in less than $10 million its opening day. The matinee I saw it at was about half full, and there was a smattering of polite applause at the end. Doesn't really sound like a blockbuster now, DOES IT??

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2005 at 4:44pm

I saw Kong tonight...I really enjoyed it...there was one scene that was a bit too cutesy for my tastes, and Jackson probably fell into the trap of being too sentimental in his treatment of the big ape, but on the whole, its an outstanding film.

Here is something I never thought I'd post anywhere...no one will ever accuse me of being a member of the Jack Black fan club...frankly, the man's appeal escapes me entirely...but he wasn't bad at all in this film. In fact, his manic approach to the role actually worked.

Dare I say it? Yes! Its better than the original

BTW...there is an absolutely great inside joke paying appropriate hommage to Fay Wray and Merian C. Cooper near the beginning of the film.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Movie Man View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2005 at 11:02am
I read somewhere that earlier into the production, Peter Jackson wanted
to use Fay Wray in a cameo to deliver the final lines. However, that never
happened.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2005 at 3:18pm
Ms. Wray died while the film was early in production. She was in her 90's, and had already become pretty frail when production commenced. A cameo would have been a wonderful touch, but the whole matter was probably more sympathetic fantasy on Jackson's part than a realistic endeavor.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
JoBloMovieGoer View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoBloMovieGoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2005 at 7:50am
KONG has been in theatres for over a week now, and STILL hasn't reached $100 million. In fact, as of its 8th day of release, Box Office Mojo was giving its total gross as $81,935,050. Although it appears to be "holding steady" in terms of day-to-day drop-offs, KONG came in second behind NARNIA for Wednesday. At this rate, it'll be lucky to top $125 million by the end of its run...
Miss Pig View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Miss Pig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2005 at 4:07am
It shows how hype can kill a movie. For real, the trailer for Kong was sh*it! Pure, simple sh*t. Jack Black is terrible , Brody is miscast, and we have Watts and Kong himself worth a look. But 3 hours? People were excited about it because Jackson did so good with the Rings trilogy, and Kong once more gives proof that nobody can judge a work looking at the past. I want to see Jackson make an original story. No more adaptations or remakes. So, King Kong, the character, is good. But the movie sucks as a whole. It deserves to fail.
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2005 at 9:55pm
I fail to see how much an overgrown monkey can be a character. Especially one to base an entire movie around. Watts on the other hand has an incredible range of talent and gets wasted on trash like this. I'm sure she'll be a household name after this. My roomate says, "I've never seen her in anything". (To which I respond: "That's because you haven't gotten out of the house in like, five years".) People will recognize her for movies like this and The Ring, but they're forgetting that her big break was David Lynch's "Mulholland Drive". She then went on to work with David O. Russell and Alejandro Gonzales Inarritu.
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2005 at 4:54pm

Originally posted by JoBloMovieGoer

KONG has been in theatres for over a week now, and STILL hasn't reached $100 million. .. At this rate, it'll be lucky to top $125 million by the end of its run...

The totals for King Kong as of the weekend concluded Dec 25 were $118.7 million domestic and $153.6 million overseas (per my prediction that this movie would be very strong internationally), for a total of $272.3 million. It will top $125 million domestically by midweek.

lauryb View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote lauryb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2005 at 8:11am
Usually, a film of this magnitude deserves to be seen on a theatre's big screen. But given the fact that only critics seem to have been astounded by King Kong (which is a very rare these days), I will probably wait until it's released on DVD. This way, I won't have to sit through the entire 3 hours if I get bored...
Michael View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2005 at 7:09am
 King Kong Will not be Nominated For Razzies, it will be Nominated For Oscars...
CHEAP TRICK View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote CHEAP TRICK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2006 at 5:26pm

I dont know about you guys but i felt that this film was a bit 'rushed', the special effects (for the most part) were quite dissapointing (see "running with dinosaurs and not wanting to fall of the cliff" sequence)....and well, I cant quite explain it, but it felt like the director was kind of absent during certain scenes.......  

StJimmy14 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote StJimmy14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 4:53am
I thought "Kong" was amazing, great effects, pretty good acting, and overall a great movie. However i felt that Peter Jackson tried way to hard. Some parts to me were elongated way too much which kind of took off all the excitement.
-B
messy-1 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote messy-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 5:48am
The simple fact is: King Kong was the best fantasy film of the year. It was better than Brokeback Mountain which only got all those awards for political purpouses.
FreeMusicDownloads View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote FreeMusicDownloads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2006 at 9:16am
FreeMusicDownloadshttp://www.manifestingpower.com/seo/music. htmlFreeMp3MusicDownloadAllFreeMusicDownloadsDownloadGamesVI deosareveryauthenticlooking.FreeMusicDownloadsisoneoftodaysm ostpopularstyles!PleasetakealookatourFreeMusicDownloadsDownl oadGamesVIdeosandyouwillseethatourFreeMp3MusicDownloadsareth ehighestqualityFreeMp3MusicDownloadGamesVIdeosavailiable!Wea resellingFreeMp3MusicDownloadsdaily!GetyourFreeMp3MusicDownl oadwhilesupplieslast.AllofourFreeMp3MusicDownloadaremadeofth esamematerialasauthenticFreeMp3MusicDownload.OurFreeMp3Music Downloadistrulyamazing.WecarrythehardesttogetGamesVIdeosandt hemostpopularstyles.OurFreeMp3MusicDownloadare100exact..Allo fourGamesVIdeosknockoffsandFreeMp3MusicDownloadknockoffshave allcorrectmarkings.WeareproudtoofferexclusivegradeGamesVIdeo sFreeMusicDownloadDownloads.WeofferthemostexactfakeFreeMusic Download.OurexclusivegradeGamesVIdeosscannotbefoundelsewhere .ThesearethemostexactFreeMp3MusicDownloadknockoffsyouwilleve rsee.Wedon'tjustclaimtoofferthebestfakeFreeMp3MusicDownload, weguaranteeweofferthebestandmostexactfakeFreeMp3MusicDownloa d.WehavemanystylestoofferSuhali,dalmation,andmanyotherfakeFr eeMusicDownloadsGamesVIdeosGamesVIdeos.Wehavethehighestquali tyDownloadsontheweb!Affordableprices,greatservice,andaSatisf actionGuaranteemakefree-mp3-music-download.comtherightchoice forallofyourGamesVIdeosDownloadneeds!Buyonetodayforagift,for afriend,orforYOURSELF!YoudeserveGamesVIdeosqualityatanafford ableprice,thatswhywestartedExactGamesVIdeos.com!AlloftheFree Mp3MusicDownloadknockoffsinoursitecomewithasatisfactionguara ntee.PleasetakeyourtimeandlookatalltheGamesVIdeoswehavetooff er.Wehavesomethingforeveryone.Wearesureyouwilllovetheperfect qualityofourFreeMusicDownloads.MostoftheDownloadfakeGamesVId eosGamesVIdeosweofferevenhaveaserialnumberandeverysingledeta ilyoucanthinkof.FreeMusicDownloadsFreeMp3MusicFreeMusicDownl oadFreeMp3MusicDownloadFreeMp3MusicDownloadGamesVIdeosFreeMp 3MusicDownloadandDownloadFreeMp3MusicGameshttp://www.manifes tingpower.com/seo/music.htmlFreeMusicDownloads
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2006 at 9:43pm

Originally posted by messy-1

The simple fact is: King Kong was the best fantasy film of the year. It was better than Brokeback Mountain which only got all those awards for political purpouses.
1. No it didn't... and your wrong...

2. King Kong was a three-hour movie about a monkey. Brokeback Mountain was a mushy, dramatic love story. Although it wasn't perfect it was still one of the top ten best of the year. Better than any triple digit earning blockbuster.

"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>