Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2006 MOVIES w/LYNX! > M-I-III
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPredicting B.O. for M-I-III

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Will #3 Take Off...or TANK??
Poll Choice Poll Statistics
[28.30%]
[13.21%]
[7.55%]
[50.94%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Predicting B.O. for M-I-III
    Posted: April 29 2006 at 4:08am

IT'S SUPPOSED to be THE KICK-ASS KICK-OFF to SUMMER 2006 -- BUT WILL MISSION 3 PROVE CRUISE's CONTINUED REIGN as KING of the BOX OFFICE IS...IMPOSSIBLE??

He's been splitting his time between changing poopy diapers and spreading the usual BS about this being his best film yet, but MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 3 is the first film with Tom Cruise ALONE above its title since he went rabid about his "religious" beliefs while promoting WAR OF THE WEIRDS last year. And it doesn't help that his leading lady in this one bears an uncanny (one might even say creepy) resemblance to His Baby's Mommy.

So, will this be another B.O. Bonanza for L. Ron's Best Boy -- Or The First Nail in Cruise's Career Coffin?? Go ahead: VOTE -- Then feel free to discuss, dissect and dis BELOW...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2006 at 4:14am
I think Cruise is in for a rude surprise -- He's been positively too weird for too long for the public to still line up to see his movies (I hope!). As for myself, knowing that part of any ticket sold for M-I-3 will end up in the coffers of Scientology is enough to keep from EVER paying to see it...
Everything SUX!
JoBloMovieGoer View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2006 at 4:18am

Given that an overwhelming majority of movie-goers agreed with the Most Tiresome Tabloid Target Razzie that Tom & Katie "won," it should be interesting to see if Cruise's long-time cruise as king of ticket sales finally sails into the sunset...

Here's hoping!

Miggy View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2006 at 10:17am
I honestly don't know how Tom Cruise has remained a box-office draw for so long.  His acting range is limited at best, and he basically plays a variation of the same character in every film.  After the "Oprah" debacle, "War of the Worlds" turned out to be a big hit, so  I honestly can't predict how "MI3" will do in terms of box office. But I do know for sure I won't be seeing it...or any other movie Tom Cruise stars in! 
MJ Narcy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2006 at 4:01pm
Let's see.  The bad guy kidnaps the hero's girlfriend and forces the hero to break the law or the girlfriend dies.  Where have I seen this before?

Basically, if you go to this movie, you're going to a remake of an episode of "MacGyver."  It's cheaper just to watch that Master Card commercial.
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2006 at 6:24pm
I see more excitement when I pour a bottle of Karo syrup on my kitchen floor and watch it spread...
2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2006 at 10:18pm
I'm sure it will break the $100 million mark but I doubt any movie will ever break the $300 million ever again. That said, every Cruise movie will be a box office hit. Provided he's got something in the news getting the public's attention. Every other A-lister is feeling the box office curse: Nicholas Cage, Tom Hanks, Brad Pitt, etc.
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
Queen_of_Toad View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2006 at 7:18am

Dear Xenu,

Please make it fail. And when you do, please teach your sheep Crui$e a good lesson. I received the e-mails you sent me, and I  understand how much he annoys you. See, we Earthlings feel the same way...

Take care,

Queen of Toad

Please, forgive my poor English. It's not my native language.
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2006 at 4:23pm
It'll most likely make over $100 Million, but not over $200 Million. Once it reaches the 100 mark, it'll start fading fast...
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
itbeast View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2006 at 8:14am

As much as I agree with you about Tom's ability to make himself a total ASS for the last 18 months, I think he has a better-than-average chance of making a profit with MI-3. Between the franchise history and his solid box office performance for the last decade, including War of the Worlds (his most profitable yet...and that was with him already doing the couch jumping with Oprah and telling Brook Shields she was a drug addict). He may become what one columnist calls "Teflon Tom," if he manages to pull MI-3 off on top of all the crap he has already pulled this past year. For better or worse, we'll find out this weekend...

John M. Keller

Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2006 at 12:26pm
Well, Hoffman's getting good reviews for it. The reviews so far on rotten tomatoes have called his performance "Terrific" and " Iconic". You remember how the old " I told you so" saying goes?   I wonder who the weak link of the cast will be? (That's a serious question, I'm a big fan of Hoffman and Fishburne).
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 12:22pm
Here's a tip:

Ask Peter Graves what he thinks of Tom Cruise AT YOUR OWN RISK...
MJ Narcy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2006 at 5:04am
It's Not looking good for this movie.  Despite having an 83% rating from critics on Rotten Tomatoes, it still has a 57% user rating.  Apparently, the users are tired of SOS, the same old Censored.  Frankly, I don't blame them.

Apparently, a movie called "The Proposition" (another movie import, this time from Australia) has a critic rating of 95% and a user rating of 100%.  It makes me wonder why Hollywood won't do a better job with their movies.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2006 at 11:33am

I tried to sit through the first Mission Impossible movie. If I had made it more than 20 minutes without studying the back of my eyelids for the remainder of the film, I probably would have ended up thinking about how much I miss the old TV show. I never even attempted the second, and won't go see this installment.

All that said, and as much as I've bagged Tom Cruise on this forum, he hasn't quite reached the point where I specifically avoid his films, ala AHNULD or Bruce Willis. I guess I'm still not as upset about the Scientologists getting a little of my money as I am the Nazis or the Republicans...but then I repeat myself.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
bunnyrabbit View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2006 at 12:19pm
Personally I can't stand any of Tom's movies. However, no matter how much we trash-talk here, MI3 will probably do very well at the box office. (It's sad but that's life I guess.)
Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2006 at 2:03pm

I have a feeling this movie will be big, maybe $50 million in the first weekend,  with total gross being in the $200-250 million range.  The kids ages 14 to 21 will flock to it,  and watch lots of nifty trailers to boot.   I'm thinking 5, maybe more trailers, which will pay off a few debts here and there.   DVD sales and rentals will bring in another $50 million.

I will walk, not flock to see this movie,  I will have my eyes open and ears partialy plugged (it will have loud noises) and hopefully I will enjoy it.  I liked the first movie, the second was a bit too predictable.   In fact the 2nd movie suffered the way the TV series did after the 2nd season.   Wether it's a good movie or not, it will make money and prove that Tom is a huge box office draw.

"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>