Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > COMPLETE LIST of 2011 ELIGIBLE RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Predicting the WORST MOVIE OF THE WEEK!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Predicting the WORST MOVIE OF THE WEEK!!!
    Posted: November 11 2011 at 1:04pm
Immortals has a lower rotten tomatoes rating than J. Edgar.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2011 at 3:35pm
I think we all know next week's worst pick will be BREAKING DAWN PART 1. However, there's also HAPPY FEET 2, and some users here feel it could be bad. 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: While I hardly considered it RAZZIE®-worthy, I found the first HAPPY FEET to be nauseatingly cute and rather pointless (except when it came to making money - B.O. MoJo LINK). The up-coming sequel appears to be yet another attempt by Hollywood to milk something that, other than for money-grubbing/kiddie-audience-pandering purposes, has no reason to be revived... 

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2011 at 9:52pm
Happy Feet 2's reviews probably won't be as bad as Breaking Dawn's, and it should do well at the box office (If Jack and Jill and the Smurfs are any indication, "Family Films" are critic proof).
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 8:03pm
The first three reviews are in on Happy Feet 2, and its approval rating is losing 1 to 2. I expect that by November 16 (2 days before it opens), it'll be in the mid 40s on the Tomatometer and ~48% at Metacritic. I'll withhold judgment on whether it's "one of ours" until then.  

Meanwhile, Arthur Christmas now has a 92% approval rating with about 25 reviews. A big surprise if you ask me, but should allow for one more good choice for Best Animated Feature for at least the BAFTA awards. I don't know if it's one for the OSCARS just yet.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2011 at 2:48am
If that's the case, then maybe we should move our attention to either Hugo, or The Muppets movie, both of which have a chance of being bad...  
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2011 at 1:19pm
Scorsese is a pretty solid director and I don't feel like bashing the muppets... Sooo...

I highly doubt if next weekend will bring us anything.... Maybe a forumless week people? Or a leftover worst (limited release) movie of the week?

p.s. I am not back... still busy with school... just came here to tell the HeadRAZZ that I am moving out and that my ballots need to be send to a new adress...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2011 at 12:48pm
I think November has brought us all the 2011 RAZZIE contenders it will. But there's a LOT of uncertainty about December.

For December 2: Shame has a great approval rating, and I wouldn't be surprised if it got at least a Golden Globe nomination. The Lady, starring Michelle Yeoh (usually her movies are good!Pinch) is losing 0 to 3 at Rotten T. Both are limited releases, and there are no wide releases scheduled, but if we should have a worst new movie for this day, The Lady will be it.

December 9: New Year's Eve is a spiritual successor to 2010's worst romance film Valentine's Day (#7 on my Bottom 40 list), and from the same director! The trailers are irritating and one screenshot is pedophilically suggestive! It has a 1 Permille (Not percent! 1 permille is 1/10 of a percent.) chance of positive reviews. This is the obvious choice for Worst New Movie. However, there's no telling whether The Sitter, starring Jonah Hill, will succeed or fail.

December 16: Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked had a sordid production history stained with violations of consent. But I REALLY hate this franchise at least as badly as HeadRAZZ. We need to get our act together and nominate this movie! Unfortunately, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows is under a month away and still has no reviews. The latter half of 2011 was plagued by one disappointment after another with over half the movies we were hoping or expecting to succeed crashing. So A Game of Shadows is another 50/50 chance of success or failure.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2011 at 12:51pm
Watching the trailer for New Year's Eve is like getting punched in the face.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2011 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by oiram

If that's the case, then maybe we should move our attention to either Hugo, or The Muppets movie, both of which have a chance of being bad...  

Really a Martin Scorsese movie? And a franchise which lowest rated film is 63% on rotten tomatoes. And that logic is gonna get you killed, seeing as the Muppets review have overwhemingly positive, an reviews for Hugo are also good.
Odyssey View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Odyssey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2011 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Watching the trailer for New Year's Eve is like getting punched in the face.

Hmmmm... I wonder which actor/actress from New Year's Eve is most likely to get a worst supporting nod. Thoughts, anyone?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2011 at 5:06pm
That's why we have Worst Ensemble now, right? Well, 4 individual actors from VALENTINE'S DAY were nominated (although that's also because they were in other movies), but yeah, with such a big cast, someone will stand out.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2011 at 5:47pm

If I remember correctly, I have New Year's Eve listed for Worst Ensemble Cast. If there should be one actor or actress nominated on top of that, I say it should be Sarah Jessica Parker because she also starred in I Don't Know How She Does It.

Looking to the late third of December.
December 21 (Winter solstice?)
*The Adventures of Tintin (had "Secret of the Unicorn" as a subtitle in beta stages) already has an excellent approval rating on the Tomatometer. I trust it'll stay that way.
*The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) reminds me of Black Swan (Top 40 Films of 2010) for some reason. David Fincher's resume includes The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (Top 40 Films of 2008) and The Social Network (Top 40 Films of 2010), so I think this'll be at least as good.
*Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol is yet another film where there's no telling how good it'll be. The previous Mission Impossible films scored in the 50's on the Tomatometer. Brad Bird's resume consists of 3 animated movies, 2 of them Pixar. I don't know how that translates to live action directing, so I'll have to wait for reviews.

December 23 (Festivus)
*We Bought A Zoo doesn't look exhilarating, but Cameron Crowe's directorial credits aren't that bad, except for Vanilla Sky (Bottom 40 Films of 2001), and it probably won't be bad enough to be one of ours.
*In the Land of Blood and Honey is Angelina Jolie's theatrical directorial debut, so that cast a shadow of doubt at first. Then people saw her work in progress, and they held it in positive regard.
All in all I'd say for the week of Dcb. 19-23, I'd give it a 1/6 chance each of Ghost Protocol and We Bought a Zoo being the worst new movie, and a 2/3 chance of there not being one.

Christmas Day
*The Darkest Hour is shrouded in mystery. Director Chris Gorak has little experience, and lead star Emile Davenport-Hirsch starred in Speed Racer (Bottom 40 Films of 2008), Milk (Top 40 Films of 2008), and Into the Wild (Top 40 Films of 2007). I'd give this a 40% chance of success.
*War Horse is Steven Speilberg's next film. I'd give this a 60% chance of success on that alone. Other Speilberg films that I approve of include A.I.: Artificial Intelligence (Top 40 Films of 2001), Minority Report and Catch Me If You Can (both on the Top 40 Films of 2002), and Munich (Top 40 Films of 2005).

Thoughts on any of these?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2011 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

*Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol is yet another film where there's no telling how good it'll be. The previous Mission Impossible films scored in the 50's on the Tomatometer.
Each installment has been better than the one before. Maybe that could happen again, maybe not.

*We Bought A Zoo doesn't look exhilarating, but Cameron Crowe's directorial credits aren't that bad, except for Vanilla Sky (Bottom 40 Films of 2001), and it probably won't be bad enough to be one of ours.
And ELIZABETHTOWN?

*War Horse is Steven Speilberg's next film. I'd give this a 60% chance of success on that alone. Other Speilberg films that I approve of include A.I.: Artificial Intelligence (Top 40 Films of 2001), Minority Reportand Catch Me If You Can (both on the Top 40 Films of 2002), and Munich (Top 40 Films of 2005).
Are those the only Spielberg films of the last decade you saw? Or did the other didn't enter your Top or Bottom lists?

That one looks like the first typical Spielberg movie actually directed by him in many years. It has the same producers, D.P., composer and editor of his best works. And it's based on an award-winning play. Even if it's bad, I doubt it will be a contender.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2011 at 7:15pm
I know that it's not going to happen, but I'd love it for We Bought A Zoo to get worst new movie of the week. It's been established that I think that Cameron Crowe is an overrated douche who's only good moment was writing Fast Times At Ridgemont High.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2011 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Vits

Each installment has been better than the one before. Maybe that could happen again, maybe not.
And ELIZABETHTOWN?
Are those the only Spielberg films of the last decade you saw? Or did the other didn't enter your Top or Bottom lists?

That one looks like the first typical Spielberg movie actually directed by him in many years. It has the same producers, D.P., composer and editor of his best works. And it's based on an award-winning play. Even if it's bad, I doubt it will be a contender.

That certainly raises it's chances it'll be at least decent.
Elizabethtown was very bad, but is great when compared with Domino and The Fog.
The Terminal, War of the Worlds [remake], and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull were not on my Top & Bottom 40 lists. However, I think the RAZZIE nominations for the latter two were wastes because the reviews weren't bad enough to warrant it. 
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2011 at 3:46am
At the time I posted that, there weren't any reviews out for either of those films. I thought Hugo might be bad because it's supposed to be a kids film, and I wasn't sure if Martin could do one without making it sappy and stupid, since I believe this is his first one. As for The Muppets, it basically had none of the original people back, making me nervous that the new people might flub if it up. I know people aid that scene with Segel in Forgetting Sarah Marshall seemed very much like The Muppets, but there's always that chance that he ends up just making a love letter, rather than really being a sincere Muppet Movie. Now that both are actually good and not big trainwrecks that I feared, I don't have to worry. By the way, does any know how the critics felt about Sacha Baron Cohen in Hugo? I know he looks like he's playing an Inspector Clouseau type character in the movie, which might be a weak point.  

Originally posted by whatsthepoint

Originally posted by oiram

Really a Martin Scorsese movie? And a franchise which lowest rated film is 63% on rotten tomatoes. And that logic is gonna get you killed, seeing as the Muppets review have overwhemingly positive, an reviews for Hugo are also good.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>