Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > COMPLETE LIST of 2011 ELIGIBLE RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Predicting the WORST MOVIE OF THE WEEK!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Predicting the WORST MOVIE OF THE WEEK!!!
    Posted: November 20 2011 at 10:31am
You make a good point when it comes to good directors making bad movies when it's a genre so different from what they usually do. But if Scorsese did it with a Comedy, a Musical and a Horror-Thriller, why not a Family Movie? It's too early to say a concensus on the movie and the cast.

As for THE MUPPETS... it's berry hard to tell. But I don't think it'll get a forum... at least until after it's released.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2011 at 2:39pm
No way in hell is Muppet gonna be on our Forum (unless Headrazzberry becomes berry bored).
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2011 at 7:07am
There's no wide release coming this week. But SLEEPING BEAUTY already has an early discussion forum, so it'll obviously be the Worst Movie Of The Week.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2011 at 1:48pm
Why obviously? It's not impossible to have another forumless week... especially if you consider that the week after that will bring us New Year's Eve and Madonna's W.E. ....  

Originally posted by Vits

There's no wide release coming this week. But SLEEPING BEAUTY already has an early discussion forum, so it'll obviously be the Worst Movie Of The Week. 
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2011 at 2:36pm
1) I don't think I can take another week without a new Forum. 

2) What's the point of an early discussion forum not turning into an official forum? Yes, I know when you created it, you didn't want it to be an official forum...  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: As I am posting this, SLEEPING BEAUTY is rated 51% positive at R.T. (LINK) which hardly makes it an "obvious" choice as Worst of the Weak. If you feel bereft without a new Forum each week, here's a LINK to the page where you can begin a Member-Started discussion of SLEEPING BEAUTY.

As I had mentioned earlier, the only "obvious" Forum titles coming up between now and year's end are NEW YEAR'S EVE and CHIPWRECKED (aka CHIPMUNKS #3). In lieu of Worst of the Weak, I will be posting weekly POLLS on Fridays through December 30. For those who haven't yet seen/voted in our initial poll (for Worst Remake/Rip-Off or Sequel) here's the LINK to join in the fun... 

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2011 at 3:08pm

I believe Madonna's W./E. won't be released in America until February 3, 2012. Is it being released early everywhere else between Dcb. 7 and 9? I also heard that critics seem to be divided over it, and I doubt enough people hate it to make it one of ours. If nothing else, I propose upgrading Beastly to official contender by Dcb. 2, even if it didn't lose that much money.

For December 9, however, The Sitter could either succeed or fail, and I have my eye on that as well.

EDIT: I believe Passion Play would be another good user-started forum to upgrade. Many people have suggested it's likely to get nominated for Worst Actress for Megan Fox, and perhaps even Worst Couple Or Ensemble for Fox and Mickey Rourke.
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags. 29; As Above, So Below
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2011 at 5:35am
Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

As I am posting this, SLEEPING BEAUTY is rated 51% positive at R.T. (LINK) which hardly makes it an "obvious" choice as Worst of the Weak. If you feel bereft without a new Forum each week, here's a LINK to the page where you can begin a Member-Started discussion of SLEEPING BEAUTY.

Huh? No. There is one already, that's why I'm saying you might as well upgrade it. And it stars SUCKER PUNCH's Emily Browning in another clearly miscast role.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: If there is already a Member-Started Forum for BEAUTY, I have been unable to find it using our Forum search engine. Although I have no intention to "upgrade it" (the 50/50 reviews on the film frankly don't merit our bothering to consider it) I am sure I am not the only one curious to see what Forum members have had to say about it. Could you please post a LINK??  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2011 at 9:59am
Right here.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2011 at 4:13pm
I Haven't done one of these in a long time.... But with the year ending and December not bringing us a lot of bad movies, I thought it might be fun to see what Januray will bring...  

Predictions for January 6th: 

The Devil Inside
Will it get bad reviews:
It looks like cheap mockumetary-style excorcism-movie (as if we needed more of those).... It's screenwriter/director only has one other movie to his credit which is currently at 9% on RT... It's the first wide release of the year... I think it's save to say that it will....
Will it get a Forum: Probably.... Considering that it's the only wide release that weekend...

Predictions for January 13th:

Joyful Noise
Will it get bad reviews:
Something about this movie just rubs me the wrong way... I don't know if it's the cliched premise, the overly cheerfulness or the lack of movement in Dolly Partons face... but I have a feeling it will bomb....
Will it get a Forum: Probably...

Contraband
Will it get bad reviews:
It really doesn't make a big impression on me either way... So I really can't decide at this point if it will be a bomb or not....
Will it get a Forum: I don't know....

Beauty and the Beast in 3D
Will it get bad reviews:
Ineligable...
Will it get a Forum:
Ineligable...

Predictions for January 20th:

Underworld IV: Awakening
Will it get bad reviews:
Doubt if the reviews for this one will be better than they were for the previous Underworld-movies....
Will it get a Forum: Probably...

Red Tails
Will it get bad reviews:
A war-spectacle produced by George Lucas, starring Cuba Gooding Jr. and being released in January.... Sounds like one to keep our eyes on....
Will it get a Forum: Maybe....

Haywire
Will it get bad reviews:
Directed by Stephen Soberbergh starring an impressive cast and already having 3 positive reviews on RT... This already looks like the best original wide release that January has to offer us....
Will it get a Forum: Probably not...

Predictions for January 27th:

One For The Money
Will it get bad reviews:
A remake/rip-off of The Bounty Hunter starring Katherine Heigl... Do I need to say more....
Will it get a Forum: Yes...

Man on a Ledge
Will it get bad reviews:
I find the premise to this movie a bit to far-fetched and am not a big fan of Sam Worthington.... But it won't be as bad as One for the Money...
Will it get a Forum: Maybe....

The Grey

Will it get bad reviews:
I feel like I've seen to little of this movie (in the form of promotional material) to judge if this movie will be good or bad....
Will it get a Forum: Maybe...

Any thought, comments or disagreements?

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2011 at 2:17pm
We should definitely put Wrath of the Titans on the RAZZIE Radar for 2012...  
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2011 at 4:52pm
I'm pretty sure it already is on the Razzie radar, since it's the sequel to a 2010 Razzie nominee.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2011 at 6:20am
hmmm.... The Darkest Hour isn't being pre-screened for critics....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718