Print Page | Close Window

40-Foot Skid Marks Across the Screen!!

Printed From: Official RAZZIEŽ Forum
Category: FORUMS on 2006 MOVIES w/LYNX!
Forum Name: FAST and FURIOUS 3: TOKYO DRIFT
Forum Discription: Talk About Yer Re-Treads! A THIRD Entry in a Truly Lame-O Franchise That Ran Out of Gas 2 Movies Ago!
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1066
Printed Date: April 18 2014 at 9:51pm

Topic: 40-Foot Skid Marks Across the Screen!!
Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Subject: 40-Foot Skid Marks Across the Screen!!
Date Posted: June 12 2006 at 6:04am

IS IT JUST US, OR IS THE ENTIRE http://www.imdb.com/find?s=tt&q=Fast+and+Furious - FAST & FURIOUS  FRANCHISE a WASTE of TIME, MONEY and FILM STOCK??  AND ANYWAZE, IF YOU'RE DUMB ENOUGH 2 B INTERESTED in STREET RACING, AREN'T YOU 2 DUMB 2 FIND YER WAY 2 a MOVIE THEATRE ? ?  

Go Ahead, Git Yer RAZZIE Mobiles in Gear...and Go 2 Town (Tokyo, Town, That Is)!!

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Replies:
Posted By: ITbeast
Date Posted: June 14 2006 at 3:11am

I agree the series got old when they decided to do 2 fast 2 furious without the "VIN" man, but The first one was rather enjoyable . However when the sequel (Now up to 2 sequels) is just the same plot done over and over again as the original it gets pretty annoying.

A early look at the tomatometer pretty much says what most people have said about the series itself (Including the HeadRazzy) "It is not the actors or the plot that is the star of the series, but the cars themselves". With that being said the reviews are as of right now sitting at 83% UPDATE: reviews now sitting at 63%( http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/fast_and_the_furious_3_tokyo_drift/ - http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/fast_and_the_furious_3_tokyo _drift/

and from reading the reviews it only got that because of the "True Stars" of the franchise.

-------------
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Posted By: Nasty Man
Date Posted: June 14 2006 at 4:43am
Perhaps the saddest (or scariest?) thing about the FAST & FURIOUS movies is that they encourage young urban audiences to emulate the driving tricks they celebrate -- Making them among the few movies that actually can be blamed for deaths and injuries...

-------------
Everything SUX!

Posted By: Rosen
Date Posted: June 14 2006 at 6:10pm

Firstly: My cousin's boyfriend died in an accident trying to copy the first movie

Secondly: the other day some idiot "drifted" right infront of me and nearly lost control endangering not only him, but ALL those around him...

Conclusion: THESE MOVIES ONLY PROMOTE STUPIDITY!

Posted By: Kendan
Date Posted: June 15 2006 at 5:38am
Well, the tomatometer is now at 58% and falling...I guess the intelligent reviewers finally took a whack at it!! Sorry, IT Beast...IMHO Vin Diesel is a waste of film stock as is the whole F&F series!!  You can only watch so many car races, chases and wrecks before you're brain(if you got one)goes ***ALERT!! This is stupid and boring!***

Date Posted: June 15 2006 at 5:40am
Oh, Rosen, while I agree in principle with you're arguement, moron's will be morons.  If they don't get inspiration  from a movie like this, they'll find it elsewhere!!  For more stories of the lame and clueless check out http://www.darwinawards.com - www.darwinawards.com and see for yourself!!

-------------

Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Date Posted: June 15 2006 at 11:41am
UPDATE on THE TOMATO-METER: As of about 5pm/PST on June 15 (the day before its release)  http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/fast_and_the_furious_3_tokyo_drift/ - F&F3 was at 39%...and still falling!

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Posted By: sportsartist24
Date Posted: June 19 2006 at 1:57am
It didn't do too well at the B.O. this weekend, though it finished 3rd, but this 3rd one was not a lucky charm. I even said that once, perhaps in another forum.

-------------
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.

Posted By: Sanndman228715
Date Posted: June 19 2006 at 3:57pm
I agree about "morons being morons". Remember back when they tried to blame Pro Wrestling for Lionel Tate killing his playmate? I suppose Pro wrestling also made him rob the pizza-man who delivered to him, right? Good God, let's blame everyone but the kid.

Date Posted: June 20 2006 at 6:28am
Yeah, it finished 3rd behind Nacho Libre...when you're beaten by Jack Black, you know it's a stinker!!  I can only hope this franchise has finally run out of gas!

Date Posted: June 20 2006 at 6:42am

Let us pray that this is the last of the series of atrocities... or maybe just slap everyone who buys a ticket?  Could work...

-------------
Here's lookin' at you, Kid.

Date Posted: June 20 2006 at 10:50am
Amen

-------------

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Date Posted: June 20 2006 at 4:19pm

You know what a really good car movie is? Cars... I just saw it, and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I didn't expect it to be as good as it was, it is definitely up there among my favorite animated movies ever.

-------------

Date Posted: June 21 2006 at 5:58am
Yeah, I just took my son and daughter to see Cars as well. I have to agree with you, it was a lot better than when I originally saw the trailer for it. My Son loved it (He is 8). My daughter was a little bored by it (she is 4). The movie was aimed more at the mature kid than any of PIXAR's early stuff. I loved the gag reel at the end, when Pixar satirized their own previous films...

-------------

Words to live by:

Date Posted: June 21 2006 at 6:44am
Ha-ha! Example: "Hey! They're just using the same actor!" Hilarious!  

-------------

Date Posted: September 26 2006 at 12:41am

Well RAZZ, granted not only did I not see this automobile showcase that was centered around a overly used and lame ass story plot but, I think...

"Basic Instinct 2" has the Worst Remake or Sequel RAZZIE in the bag. You've got to admit, compared 2 this...FF3 seems like Oscar Bait!

-------------

Words to live by:

Posted By: cheilea
Date Posted: November 06 2006 at 8:10pm
Fast and Furious is a total waste of anybodies time and money. Only wannabe 15 year olds watch that sh*t.

-------------
let me tell ya bout a porcipines balls

Posted By: wetbandit82
Date Posted: November 17 2006 at 11:45am
Only in the movies could you do the things they do in these films without having the cops toss you away for a good 30 years--but of course the cops never show up in these films until after the fact (if at all)...unless the plot requires otherwise. 

-------------

Posted By: Vits
Date Posted: November 25 2011 at 9:35am
This movie was included here: 

[TUBE]FXVkJsX5xeo[/TUBE]

Any thoughts?

-------------
You can follow me http://www.twitter.com/@Vits_Chile - @Vits_Chile

Print Page | Close Window