Print Page | Close Window

Not Even a Remote Chance It’ll B Any Good

Printed From: Official RAZZIE® Forum
Category: FORUMS on 2006 MOVIES w/LYNX!
Forum Name: CLICK
Forum Discription: Adam Sandler Finds a Remote Control That Controls His Entire Life...PLEASE Tell Me It Has a MUTE Button!!
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1096
Printed Date: September 21 2014 at 1:10pm

Topic: Not Even a Remote Chance It’ll B Any Good
Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Subject: Not Even a Remote Chance It’ll B Any Good
Date Posted: June 20 2006 at 4:14am

HOW FUNNY CAN IT BE, WHEN EVERY AD HAS the SAME BASEBALL-BONKING-a-BRAT JOKE IN IT (SEE BELOW)...

So, CLICK Post Reply above, and start click-clacking on those keyboards to let us know what you think...

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Replies:
Posted By: saturnwatcher
Date Posted: June 20 2006 at 3:49pm

Curiously, Adam Sandler got his start in a TV series called Remote Control which aired back in the late 80's...still, there is something resonating through my weary brain tonight, and I'm certain the other posters here can help me out...hasn't this plot been done before, a couple of times?

And while we are at it, who was the moron that, at some point, decided that Sandler is actually funny, and why haven't they realized he isn't? I'm awfully sick of having him shoved down our throat.

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Posted By: Rosen
Date Posted: June 20 2006 at 4:23pm

I don't think that Adam Sandler is the greatest actor, but he isn't bad. I liked several movies that he was in: The Water Boy was funny, Happy Gilmore, 50 First Dates, and Spanglish were all alright in my opinion...  

-------------
Here's lookin' at you, Kid.

Date Posted: June 21 2006 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Rosen

I liked several movies that he was in

and to think I'm headin off to college.

Posted By: messy-1
Date Posted: June 22 2006 at 4:32am
It's not particularly bad. In fact, having actually SEEN it, it's rather good in a goofy kind of way.

When you go to an Adam Sandler movie, you don't expect Meryl Streep.

Next week, we've got Strangers With Candy, which deserves to be nominated for a Razzie® this year.

-------------

Posted By: JoeBacon
Date Posted: June 22 2006 at 3:43pm
Oh, yeah Saturnwatcher, I remember MTV's "Remote Control" hip game
show. Hosted by Ken Ober with Kari Wuehler and Colin Quinn. Adam hid
behind a wall. Incredible that the other three have been has beens for
years and Sandler gets blank checks to make bad movie after bad movie.

Also, this is another recycled idea. Remember Paul Hogan's bomb "Almost
an Angel" where he did a shtick with a remote control. Attention Studio
executives, I'm still waiting this year for a movie with an original concept.
Should I give up holding my breath?   

Date Posted: June 22 2006 at 4:41pm
I remember the remote control scene in Almost an Angel, but there is still a more recent film sticking in my mind...in fact, I think it was a kid's film with almost exactly the same plot...in essence, I think Sandler is now remaking children's films.

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Posted By: deadguy76
Date Posted: June 23 2006 at 9:44pm

Why the hell would someone sophisticated and classy marry a shmuck like Adam Sandler? The casting of Beckinsale as the wife is unbelieveable, let alone the story.

(heh, heh, I said shmuck. Hey Rosen do you speak Yiddish?)

-------------
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76

Date Posted: June 24 2006 at 6:04am

I've got the blood and the nose, that's about it...

-------------
Here's lookin' at you, Kid.

Posted By: Brierfox
Date Posted: June 24 2006 at 4:06pm

I just saw this movie on DVD, and while my nephew and his friends laughed.  the adults in the room were soon discussing my sister's new cat.   Adam Sandler has found his pot of gold; in every movie he plays the man who hasn't grown up.  Young people like him, women want to mother him, and adults smile knowingly.  "Click" wasn't a bad movie, it just wasn't interesting.   Sure, we all screw up and wish we could hit the  replay button,  or "load saved game", but lets do it for a worthy cause.  Clicking on your wife so you don't hear her nagging you to take out the garbage is immature.  Clicking on your dog is just stupid.    

-------------
"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"

Posted By: sportsartist24
Date Posted: June 24 2006 at 5:51pm
OK, my question is why the hell has Adam Sandler chosen to do another dumb comedy? I'm definitely putting this one in this year's Worst Remake or Sequel Razzie category. Why? Because it's a rip-off of the classic "It's a Wonderful Life."

-------------
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.

Posted By: JoeBacon
Date Posted: June 25 2006 at 1:44pm
Saturnwatcher, other movies using the Remote Control gimmick were
Pleasantville and Stay Tuned.

Neither one comes close to Peter Sellers "Being There". Peter actually
knew how to use the remote control motif, John Ritter and Tobey Maguire
join Paul Hogan and Sandler in showing how it's unintelligently done

Posted By: ITbeast
Date Posted: August 08 2006 at 4:14am
I will give the movie this much; it has a way better script level than the "Benchwarmers" (even if it was almost a total Rip Off "It's a Wonderful Life") and the delivery of the humor was a lot more effective (along with being way funnier!) than "Nacho Libre"!!!

-------------
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Posted By: ITbeast
Date Posted: October 08 2006 at 10:14pm

I will still go with what I said above...It is still way better than some of the other crap we were forced to endure this summer!!! Grant it, It will not when any of those pretty metal objects at the beginning of the year (Golden Globe, Oscar, etc...) But I do not see this picking up a Razzie this year either...Now "Benchwarmers" on the other hand;

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/benchwarmers/gallery.php?page=7&size=lores&nopop=1">The Benchwarmers Movie Stills: Rob Schneider, David Spade, Jon Heder, Dennis Dugan

I do foresee several nominations and possible couple of wins coming out of our distinguished Razzie Ballots at the beginning of the year for that Happy Madison production!!!

-------------
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Date Posted: October 10 2006 at 10:40am
When "better than some of the other crap we were forced to endure this summer!!! " includes Jackass 2 and Employee of the Month I suppose just about anything...including and Adam Sandler flick can look good by comparison.

-------------

Posted By: sportsartist24
Date Posted: October 10 2006 at 4:53pm

Now that this film's coming out on DVD, it went over $100 Million at the U.S. B.O. finishing at $137 Million. No surprisement since most people want to see an Adam Sandler film. I just don't know how Sandler can brainwash an audience to see a movie starring him. And don't worry, HeadRAZZ, I think you can be able to spot the MUTE button on the remote on the poster. In fact, I think we all can.

Oh well, and also, I never did go see this film since I'm just waiting for it to come out on DVD to check it out. But the biggest case senerio, I'm not really a fan of any Adam Sandler movies. The last Adam Sandler movie I saw in theaters was ANGER MANAGEMENT, but never liked his performance. Jack Nicholson kept me awake through the whole movie, since he's THE MAN.

-------------
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.

Posted By: wilford
Date Posted: October 17 2006 at 6:53pm
I wish I could have the same remote control in my house, so that everything I wanted could be grabbed by the aid of such remote control..

Life would be amazing if that would happen in reality..Do you agree with me?   

-------------

Posted By: wetbandit82
Date Posted: November 10 2006 at 1:51pm

Sandler should seriously consider axing his writers en masse; he's a reasonably good actor, but they couldn't write him a solid vehicle if their lives depended on it, and they're especially inept at plausible endings. Only Little Nicky and 50 First Dates have had good finales (I in particular took offense to Anger Management's apparent assessment that you should be free to violate someone's constitutional--dare I say God-given?--civil rights if you want to prove they're worthy). 

Not only are films like this getting almost nauseatingly reptitive, their so called message of family first has become muddled as the studios keep insisting on showing it in black and white terms, when more often then not in real life, there are shades of gray involved.  The typical "dad works too hard and has to learn a lesson" film is so full of moral story holes that you could drive a herd of elephants through it, including: 

-the whole family is materialistic, given that they all live in big expensive houses that they never could afford anyway in real life -- especially if the father didn't work as hard as he does

-we're never asked to question the wife's viewpoint, even if it's clear she has serious anger management and emotional issues and probably should receive counseling and/or psychiatric help (which also comes off as a sort of reverse sexism)  

-the children will always scream that dad only thinks of himself, when all throughout the film, especially those that have them enacting their own revenges against him, they're only thinking of themselves and are even a bit disturbed in a couple extreme cases (in short, why bother to spend more time with them if it's clear they'll only treat you with utter contempt unless you do things their way?)

-that they're not willing to sacrifice anything for him, no way no how, even though he eventually does so for them

-where are they going to get income once dad inevitably quits his "evil" job, and it's usually clear mom doesn't work (unless she conveniently has some dumb form of income that isn't "work")?  So much for holding on to the material posessions they all love, and so much for dad spending time with them once the IRS hauls him off to jail. 

In short, I wish someone would either write a strong variation on this, or just get them to stop making these films, because they set hideous examples for the viewing public. 

-------------

Posted By: kmb_kc
Date Posted: December 27 2006 at 9:39am
Does Christopher Walken now just phone it all in? -- It seems to me that he plays "the Christopher Walken-type character" in every movie I've seen him in lately.

Posted By: Sanndman228715
Date Posted: December 28 2006 at 10:18am

Someone told me that Walken was good in this movie, but I hope that he goes back to making serious films. Even though he only had one scene in both, I thought he was awesome in Pulp Fiction and True Romance. He was also great in The King of New York, The Dead Zone, Catch me if you can (He got nominated for an Oscar for it), The Deer Hunter (Which won him an Oscar), The Prophecy, Around The Bend,  Batman Returns, A View to a kill ( With an over-the-hill Roger Moore, and a blank Tanya Roberts, he carried that film.), The Rundown, Annie Hall, Sleepy Hollow (He got a lot out of it despite having no lines), At Close Range, etc.........he's one of my favorite actors. Plus he and Alec Baldwin are my favorite SNL hosts.

Posted By: TylerDurden
Date Posted: January 09 2007 at 5:46pm

Again, most of you roast the film before it even comes out, why? This movie was really good and it WAS a departure for Sandler as he showed real emotion towards the mistakes he was making. Another good flick torched by the movie-hating people at the RAZZies.

-------------
Do any of you like any movies at all?

Posted By: wetbandit82
Date Posted: January 12 2007 at 3:53am
If you liked it that's perfectly all right; we know not to impose on other people's opinions since everyone sees things a little differently.  And Sandler always does give a strong effort regardless of the material he's given, which is why I respect him more than any living member of his generation, who usually don't seem to try.  The main problem I think most of us have with this is that we've seen this particular storyline used too many times in films before, and it's starting to wear very thin no matter what they do to try and vary it, which usually isn't much of a variation to begin with. 

Posted By: moviewizguy
Date Posted: January 24 2007 at 10:40am

I LOVED this film, IMO. I thought it's one of the best this year because it has an important message and it isn't one of those stupid Adam Sandlar movies and I actually cried the most in this film. This is a really good film, you guys. Give it a break.

Response from Head RAZZberry: You might wanna take note that CLICK, although featured as a discussion topic on this Forum, did not actually get nominated for a single RAZZIE last year... 

-------------

Posted By: dipitlow555
Date Posted: July 16 2007 at 4:25pm
I can't say I hated this film, because I didn't. I actually liked it a lot. And I'm not trying to be like moviewizguy who loves every movie ever made, but I did enjoy this one. I thought it was a good comedy, but also very sad as well. 

Posted By: Vits
Date Posted: March 22 2010 at 2:19pm
Yeah,good movie.

It's hard for me to rate on the dramatic scenes.I just don't know if it was balanced with the comedy or not.

-------------
You can follow me http://www.twitter.com/@Vits_Chile - @Vits_Chile

Posted By: BurnHollywoodBurn
Date Posted: March 22 2010 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Vits

Yeah,good movie.

It's hard for me to rate on the dramatic scenes.I just don't know if it was balanced with the comedy or not.
It would have been an even better movie without Adam Sandler and his usual "if you've seen one of my movies, you've seen them all" routine.

-------------
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.

Posted By: Deehege
Date Posted: June 23 2011 at 3:11pm
Just got myself a Blu-ray player because I have just upgraded my whole home theatre system complete with Sky HD box. The very first DVD I bought in Blu-ray was CLICK!!! I couldn't watch it a second time. Once is enough! Funny, but not funny enough to replay, if you get what I mean! 

-------------
http://www.best-internet-home-business.co.uk - Internet Home Business

Posted By: Vits
Date Posted: June 23 2011 at 3:34pm
I made up my mind at last! I give this 6/10.

-------------
You can follow me http://www.twitter.com/@Vits_Chile - @Vits_Chile

Posted By: whatsthepoint
Date Posted: June 23 2011 at 3:52pm
I gave it a 5/10. It was decent, but got dumber when they tried to turn into a drama. 

Posted By: SchumacherH8ter
Date Posted: June 23 2011 at 4:16pm
This was on MovieFone's list of the Worst Blockbusters* while much worse Sandler movies (like Chuck & Larry, Mr. Deeds, and Zohan) weren't. Yeah, that list wasn't very good, and not just because Batman & Robin was only number four! And Phantom Menace was number one. 

*The list compiled in 2009, so no Grown Ups or Just Go With It.

-------------
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Date Posted: June 24 2011 at 7:29am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: For the curious, here's the http://blog.moviefone.com/2009/08/17/worst-blockbusters/ - to check out MovieFone's August 2009 listing of "The Worst Blockbusters EVER."  Not surprisingly, many RAZZIE® nominees and "winners" are listed among their 25 choices...  

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Posted By: whatsthepoint
Date Posted: June 24 2011 at 2:58pm
I dunna but I think there were far more worst blockbusters than this one. 

Print Page | Close Window