Print Page | Close Window

YO, Head RAZZ!

Printed From: Official RAZZIEŽ Forum
Category: RAZZIEŽ Events, Announcements & Activities
Forum Name: DOES SLY DESERVE a WORST CAREER ACHIEVEMENT RAZZIEŽ??
Forum Discription: With ROCKY XVII Coming Out This Christmas, The Punch-Drunk Pugilist Seems RIPE for Picking On...
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1209
Printed Date: April 23 2014 at 10:18pm

Topic: YO, Head RAZZ!
Posted By: boby
Subject: YO, Head RAZZ!
Date Posted: August 02 2006 at 7:04am

Scared cuz I'm voicing my opinion? Cant we get all views on here? What's the matter, scared cuz you think Sly only has a few fans so you have to rig the votes? Coward

Response from Head RAZZberry: Feel free to voice your opinion. That's what this Forum is for. However, statistical paradigms make it extremely unlikely that 200 identical votes coming in to a poll that had previously gotten only 330+ votes total over the course of several weeks are NOT the result of someone (or several people) "hacking" the poll. I am aware that there are still Stallone fans out there, but I am also not a fool.

And as for your accusation that I tried to "rig the votes," the results were suspended at a point at which it appeared that "NO" had the majority...So can we all just go home  happy now?

Replies:
Posted By: #1 Sly Fan
Date Posted: August 02 2006 at 9:07am

If you'll check my previous posts, you'll see that I, too, am a fan of Stallone's. And while I'm not convinced that stopping the poll was the fairest of decisions, I can understand Head RAZZ berry's making that choice...a reasonable case could be made for both sides in this argument.

And, speaking of making a reasonable case, boby wins us Sly fans no friends with the angry, bullying tone of his posting above. If you have no proof that that Head RAZZberry tried to rig the vote, don't make the accusation. And if you have to resort to name-calling ("Coward") it seems to me you've already lost the argument.

To paraphrase Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"  After all, the Razzies are basically just a joke anyway, so why get so bent out of shape over something like this??

-------------
YO: Quit Pickin' on Stallone!!

Date Posted: August 02 2006 at 9:27am

OK #1 Sly Fan...got carried away. Since you to are a fellow SZ member, you have my respect. But I disagree with a poll about Stallone, when 98% of the people on here hate Sly and the movies.

Its almost like asking a KKK member if we should have a Black president. Doesn't seem right... 

Response from Head RAZZberry: For nearly 27 years now, many people have made the mistaken assumption that I, as the founder of the RAZZIE Awards (and apparently all of our Voting Members) must "hate movies." WRONG! When and if a GOOD movie is made, we applaud as loudly as anyone. But anyone paying a modicum of attention to Hollywood product over the last several decades would have to admit, the overwhelming majority of what the movie business unleashes into movie theatres is big budget, small-brained HOOEY. And as one of the few groups willing to shout that loudly and clearly, year-after-year for over 25 years, we think we're expressing our back-handed "love" of the movies...

Can I get down from my soap-box now...?? 

-------------

Posted By: fan of 30 years
Date Posted: August 02 2006 at 9:38am
Originally posted by boby

OK #1 Sly Fan...got carried away. Since you to are a fellow SZ member i have my respect. But I disagree with a poll abt Sly, when 98% of the people on here hate Sly and the movies.

Its almost like asking a KKK member if we sould have a black president. Doesnt seem right

Well, with any luck the poll will be back up, but remember this is the Razzie website... They are here to RAZZ everything!  If you don't want to hear the negative, this isn't the site for the faint of heart...

-------------
Your gonna eat lightnin' and crap thunder

Date Posted: August 02 2006 at 9:42am

Faint of Heart? Meaning?

I know, I probably shouldnt of ventured on this website. LOL...funny to hear an opinion so far from what Ive ever heard.

Posted By: ITbeast
Date Posted: August 02 2006 at 9:48am

Oh My GOd....I never thought I see the day I would see a post by #1 Sly Fan that was so eloquently thought out and so intelligently delivered....I'm still picking myself off the floor!!!!

With that being said and all kidding aside #1 Sly Fan is right; Head RAZZ was just doing what he thought (and I agree with) was the right thing to do when he suspected tampering with the poll might be going on. From my investigation I do not believe any tampering was done by either RAZZIE or STALLONE ZONE Members to the poll, but I can understand Head RAZZ wanting more substantial proof.

Boby....You are not helping the Stallone case by the accusations and name calling as stated by #1 Sly Fan, Fan of 30 Years, Nor myself. If anything RAZZ will just delete you out of the system and you will not get a chance to voice your opinion and present us with cold hard facts as to why we should change our minds.

Theres enough Haters in this world, please do not be one of them 

Response from Head RAZZberry: Don't worry, boby, I'm not about to "delete you out of the system" -- Your posts, however belligerent they may be, are welcome alongside those of anyone else interested in the subjects we discuss. I should warn you, though, that we are set up to "delete" certain "expletives," so try to keep your posts free of certain F and S words...   

-------------
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Posted By: saturnwatcher
Date Posted: August 02 2006 at 10:05am
Originally posted by boby

Response from Head RAZZberry: When and if a GOOD movie is made, we applaud as loudly as anyone. But anyone paying a modicum of attention to Hollywood product over the last several decades would have to admit, the overwhelming majority of what the movie business unleashes into movie theatres is big budget, small-brained HOOEY.

The famed science fiction writer Theodore Sturgeon once quipped, ""Ninety percent of everything is crud". The last word has been popularly changed to "crap," giving rise to the oft quoted Sturgeon's Law. If there weren't a significant degree of reality, this organization would likely not exist.

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Date Posted: August 02 2006 at 10:30am

I understand what you are saying Head Razz, But can we just be open minded to Rocky Balboa, and not automatically assume it'll be horrible. I mean, the trailer, in my opinion, pumps up the fans and looks intresting. I think itll be a success, and criticized, and in no way will it make nearly the money Pirates made, but fans will see it, and the ones that grew up with Rocky will see it with their families.

-And 2, Sly isnt the greatest actor of all time, or even close, I believe he's in the middle, a little of give and take, he has given good performances, and he is a very admirable person. IMO

Date Posted: August 02 2006 at 10:48am

Those of us who post regularly on this board share a common love of movies, both good and bad. We don't spend all that much time discussing the good ones, because there are a thousand forums out there dedicated to them.

If I may presume to restate a point that has already been made numerous times, nobody has yet awarded anything to Rocky Balboa. Nonetheless, this film is flying enough red flags to rival a 1983 May Day parade in Red Square.

*Stallone has an impressive track record for appearing in bad films. Could it be that he is a significant contributing factor, or does his agent repeatedly steer him toward unfortunate projects?

*The subject matter of the film appears wildly absurd on the surface.

*The trailer betrays a significant amount of laughable dialogue, and typically, trailers are the cinematic equivalent of Sports Center highlights.

*Why didn't Stallone try to do something new, rather than revive a moribound franchise?

The list could become lengthy, but with all due respect to Stallone's fans, you simply can't be offended by the fact that this one is catching our attention. I think at this point, its in Stallone's corner to silence US, rather than expecting us to supress the chuckles that are almost certain to come.

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Date Posted: August 02 2006 at 10:52am

Ok.

One question. Why do people refer to Sly and his fans as punch drunk Neanderthals?

Ronald Regan was a Stallone fan.

Posted By: ITbeast
Date Posted: August 02 2006 at 4:24pm

Boby, Unfortunately with every group you will encounter the childish who can say only hurt and mean-full things instead of properly expressing there opinions in a mature fashion.

As Far as Regan being a Stallone Fan...We never said that Stallone was UN American and I am sure Mr. Regan felt the same way!

-------------
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Date Posted: August 03 2006 at 3:25am

With very few exceptions the regular posters on this board do an amazing job of discussing ideas and topics without the sort of unfortunate characterizations (at least directed at one another) that are common on other posting boards. Unfortunately, they are not entirely absent.

The "punchdrunk" characterization has been directed at Sly's character Rocky, because it was used in the first film, which Stallone claims to have written fully or in part. I don't recall seeing it used here in reference to Sly's fans.

As far as former President Reagan's appreciation of Stallone's work, I'm not sure that said endorsement is going to sway many of the regulars here.

-------------

Posted By: Brierfox
Date Posted: August 03 2006 at 12:52pm
The first time I saw Sylvester Stallone in a movie was "Lords of Flatbush", I thought he had the Brooklyn accent down pat untill my friend told me Stallone was from Brooklyn and he spoke like that all the time.
OK, aside from  that, he  does seem to choose movie characters that are strong, patriotic, and of few words.  He has chosen the formula of Chuck Norris and VanDiesel, and of course, John Wayne.   By letting the action tell the story instead of the other way around, Stallone has made himself into an icon, a Hollywood star, and a very wealthy star at that.    There is no sense in idolising the man, he doesn't deserve it from people older then 12.    When he and other "stars" in Hollywood make bad movies, we laugh out loud, but inside, I think, we are really crying.l

-------------
"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"

Print Page | Close Window