Print Page | Close Window

Think of It as WAL-MART, THE MOVIE...

Printed From: Official RAZZIEŽ Forum
Category: 27th RAZZIEŽ AWARDS DISCUSSIONS & FORUMS
Forum Name: EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH
Forum Discription: Nominated for WORST ACTRESS (Jessica Simpson)
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1357
Printed Date: September 01 2014 at 7:51am

Topic: Think of It as WAL-MART, THE MOVIE...
Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Subject: Think of It as WAL-MART, THE MOVIE...
Date Posted: October 03 2006 at 2:30am

WORD-of-MOUTH ON THIS ONE WAS ANYTHING BUT KIND. STARRING COLLEGE COMEDY CIRCUIT SENSATION DANE COOK, IT WAS LABELED "RELENTLESSLY UNFUNNY" by CRITICS. BUT the NASTIEST REVIEWS WERE for the FILM'S LIKELIEST RAZZIE TARGET, JESSICA SIMPSON, WHOSE PERFORMANCE WAS CALLED "LIKE CARDBOARD."  SOUNDS LIKE A CONTENDER TO US...BUT FEEL FREE to LET US KNOW  YOUR  OPINIONS BELOW...

Jessica: "How come it makes all those little bleeping noises when I drag stuff across the glass?!?!?!"

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Replies:
Posted By: deadguy76
Date Posted: October 03 2006 at 7:19pm
This is the most unrealistic casting job since Tara Reid as a scientist. Dude come on, Jessica Simpson actually working for a living?

-------------
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76

Posted By: ITbeast
Date Posted: October 04 2006 at 8:20am

Don't worry RAZZ...I don't think you will get an argument from me or Deadguy76 on this movie.

-------------
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Posted By: warlorde
Date Posted: October 08 2006 at 6:51am

Looks like a winner to me...a Razzie winner.

Posted By: sportsartist24
Date Posted: October 08 2006 at 4:43pm
Definitely a Razzie contender, since Jessica already got a Razzie nom last year, it'll be pretty good seeing her getting a Razzie nom. And, most importantly, neither this film nor TCM-TB could beat the other film THE DEPARTED at the weekend box office.

-------------
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.

Date Posted: January 24 2007 at 4:12pm

Well, a second straight Razzie nom for Jessica, this time, she gets a Worst Actress, and I don't really think it features Jessica in those short shorts (I call them Daisy Dukes 'cause they almost look like the short shorts Daisy Duke wears).

Jessica Simpson as Daisy Duke in Warner Bros. Pictures' The Dukes of Hazzard

And now she goes from that to like working at something like a Wal-Mart store, except for the name of the store in this movie is called Super Club and NOT Wal-Mart.

Jessica Simpson in Lionsgate Films' Employee of the Month

-------------
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.

Posted By: wetbandit82
Date Posted: January 25 2007 at 5:43am
Further proof that Wal-Mart is subliminally attempting to subjugate the entire world to its will and rule it with an iron Roll Back fist.  Truthfully the 3rd season Monk episode centering around a Wal-Mart-esque store had much more entertainment than this (given that Monk is one of TV's best written shows and this is a horridly written film, that's no surprise whatsoever) 

Posted By: jb razz
Date Posted: January 25 2007 at 6:58am
If Jessica Simpson wasn't in this, I don't think we would have talked about it.
It is actually not that bad when she is offscreen, and Dane Cook is amusing.
It's just one of these many comedies that fall in between the good and the
bad and will be forgotten.

Date Posted: January 29 2007 at 4:13pm
With those Roll Back prices coming in, Wal-Mart ist just dominating the world. Poeple are only going to Wal-Mart more because of those Roll Back prices, or the low prices.

-------------

Posted By: bruin_522
Date Posted: January 30 2007 at 6:54am
Dukes made over $80 Million at the U.S. Box Office last year, but this film only $28 Million. I'd say this did bomb at the Box Office, but I expected it to make less than $30 Million for sure...

-------------

Date Posted: February 03 2007 at 4:15pm
Of course, for sure, there is a fine line difference between the Wal-Mart stores and the Box Office. I don't know what it is, that's only if we can be able to find that difference.

-------------

Date Posted: February 03 2007 at 5:15pm
I think that people just have some certain reasons why Wal-Mart is just dominating the world.

Date Posted: February 06 2007 at 7:07am
I know Jessica Simpson had to gain weight on muscle for her role as Daisy Duke in The Dukes of Hazzard. They made her dump from eating steaks, which is what she likes a lot.

Date Posted: February 07 2007 at 4:41pm
Do you remember the TV series The Simple Life, with Nicole Richie and 2005 Worst Supporting Actress Razzie winner Paris Hilton having to work? Now, this film has Jessica working in a store -- not Wal-Mart, but close to it. What's next? A movie with Ashlee Simpson working in a fast-food restaurant? If that does happen, it could be pretty hilarious!  

-------------

Date Posted: February 08 2007 at 1:59am
Dude, if they made a movie with all that in there, it would be a Razzie contender for sure! I don't even wanna imagine that!

-------------

Date Posted: February 12 2007 at 2:55am
Anyone heard of Jessica's latest movie? It's called Blonde Ambition, with Rachael Leigh Cook, Luke Wilson, and Andy Dick. It's in post-production right now, but I think it's gonna be pretty bad for sure.

Date Posted: February 14 2007 at 2:23am
Once again, I guess I can blame this one on Wal-Mart, only on certain occasions. There are just too many to list down on here.

Date Posted: February 20 2007 at 2:48am
Ok, I guess I can't blame Wal-Mart on this movie, but I can blame Wal-Mart on being dominate over the world. Yeah, people are only flocking to Wal-Mart more because they claim to have low prices, but their prices are not always low.

Date Posted: February 22 2007 at 2:40am

Oh yes, and about Jessica Simpson. Last I looked she joined in as one of those several blondes that dyed their hair, and now she looks like a brunette. I don't know if she'll look any good as a brunette though. Of course, I think that blondes are just dying their hair for fun, ususally just to look cuter, but not all the time. Some just dyed their hair for their roles in movies.

Example: Kate Bosworth-Superman Returns (and she's been nominated for Worst Supporting Actress for that film)

Date Posted: February 24 2007 at 9:28am

I think that maybe blondes are feeling jealous to the brunettes about being prettier, so I guess the blondes are becoming brunettes to look prettier. However, some brunettes are turning into blondes.

Examples: Anna Faris, Carmen Electra, etc.

Posted By: jb razz
Date Posted: February 24 2007 at 10:24am
Anna Faris is natural blonde. She dyed her hair for Scary Movie to look more like Neve Campell's in Scream because her character in Scary Movie was a parody of Neve's character in Scream.

Posted By: dipitlow555
Date Posted: August 01 2007 at 4:56am
I watched the first 20 minutes of this movie...and was bored way past tears!

-------------

Posted By: Vits
Date Posted: June 06 2010 at 4:29pm
I honestly thought this was an independent MTV film. That's not a bad thing -- If it had been one, it would've been better. Still, my number of laughs was exactly the same as http://www.razzies.com/forum/good-luck-chuck_forum223.html - .

-------------
You can follow me http://www.twitter.com/@Vits_Chile - @Vits_Chile

Posted By: BurnHollywoodBurn
Date Posted: June 06 2010 at 5:50pm
No, if it was MTV-produced, then it would simply have had more music playing in the background (drowning out most of the dialongue) and it would have had more Michael Bay/ADHD-style editing and pacing. And it still wouldn't help the fact that the lead actor is an unfunny, talentless moron whose only claim to fame is having a lot of "friends" on MySpace.

-------------
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.

Posted By: rushmore
Date Posted: January 14 2014 at 12:05pm
Honestly she should've won but I kinda liked Dane Cook in this  

Print Page | Close Window