Print Page | Close Window

A Girl + A Horse = A Horse’s Arse!..

Printed From: Official RAZZIE® Forum
Category: FORUMS on 2006 MOVIES w/LYNX!
Forum Name: FLICKA
Forum Discription: What IS It with Girls and Horses...Oh, Wait. NEVER MIND!!
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1391
Printed Date: November 26 2014 at 8:36am

Topic: A Girl + A Horse = A Horse’s Arse!..
Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Subject: A Girl + A Horse = A Horse’s Arse!..
Date Posted: October 15 2006 at 9:07am

IN THIS 237th REMAKE of the CHILDHOOD CLASSIC, A GIRL BONDS WITH a HORSE...AND THE AUDIENCE WINDS UP BOUND...AND GAGGING!

"Ride Like the Wind...Cut Like the Cheese!"

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Replies:
Posted By: saturnwatcher
Date Posted: October 17 2006 at 2:54am
There has been some additional controversy looming over this movie, due to the deaths of two horses during the filming. Two investigations cleared the people who made the movie of wrong doing,  labeling the deaths "accidental and unavoidable."  But the suspicion persists that the movie industry is considerably less cautious than it should be with regard to protection of animals.

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Posted By: sportsartist24
Date Posted: October 17 2006 at 4:24am
HeadRAZZ, I think the thing with girls and horses is that they just like them a lot. I'm not exactly sure if that's the right answer, but I was only guessing. Also, I find this to be a bit of a rip-off of the film SEABISCUIT, but it features a girl instead of a boy. And she has brown hair instead of red.

-------------
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.

Posted By: gertie the duck
Date Posted: October 19 2006 at 10:49am

Err...What about National Velvet? The girl/horse thing, like the boy/dog thing is a timeless childrens' classic, forever recyclable and very profitable. One storyline, a pet, no special effects, the latest teen actor and an audience that's a couple of years to young to remember that the same movie was released a couple of years before under a different title and with different actors...and voila': you have a hit!

-------------
"Come back, Sidney... I wanna chastise you!"

Posted By: sportsartist24
Date Posted: October 19 2006 at 11:18am
Here's some info for ya HeadRAZZ, reviews on FLICKA by far are sitting at a 50/50 way, but there will be more reviews coming out to be rotten soon. As for the other films coming out this week, critic's reviews on MARIE ANTOINETTE are good by far, fresh reviews are sitting at 63%. THE PRESTIGE is getting good reviews, with fresh reviews sitting at 68%. And FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS is also getting good reviews, with fresh reviews sitting at 69%. So, it looks like you made the right move at putting FLICKA in this forum. All that is a little update for ya for now. More of that will change later on.

-------------
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.

Posted By: LBSWebsite1
Date Posted: October 19 2006 at 4:23pm
Update at Rotten Tomatoes.com

"FLAGS" has hit over 40 reviews at 75%.  It will become Certified Fresh.

"THE PRESTIGE" has been raised to 70%.

"FLICKA" has surprisingly hit 62%!

...and unbelievably from early speculation gone down at 81 to 61%! "Marie" is going down.  Didn't help much from the people at Cannes who booed the picture out of France, did it?

Wow!

Movies with potential can really shape fast within one week of posting reviews, John! 

-------------
If it's a bad idea for a movie - “Put it out of your mind. In no time, it will be a forgotten memory!” - Samuel Goldwyn

Posted By: saturnwatcher
Date Posted: October 21 2006 at 11:57pm

Flicka may go down in cinematic history as the first, well, maybe the second movie in history in which the title character almost never puts in an appearance. I defer here to The Mothman Prophesies, in which the title character never appeared in the film. Flicka got so little screen time in her own movie that had she been a human actor, and actually cared about face time, there would have been some serious hell to pay.

After seeing it yesterday (and several times under previous titles  ) , there isn't much truly razzable here, beyond the utter lack of originality.

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Posted By: wetbandit82
Date Posted: December 26 2006 at 5:20pm
I forget who it was, but they named it among the 10 worst films of the year.  No surprise, really; films that have the characters for all intents and purposes yelling their heads off at each other over everything is a strong clue most of the time they couldn't come up with anything else and threw in the overblown character rage to cover up their plot ineptitudes...I think we all know examples of that from times past. 

Posted By: SchumacherH8ter
Date Posted: September 12 2007 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by LBSWebsite1

Update at Rotten Tomatoes.com

"FLAGS" has hit over 40 reviews at 75%.  It will become Certified Fresh.

"THE PRESTIGE" has been raised to 70%.

"FLICKA" has surprisingly hit 62%!

...and unbelievably from early speculation gone down at 81 to 61%! "Marie" is going down.  Didn't help much from the people at Cannes who booed the picture out of France, did it?

Wow!

Movies with potential can really shape fast within one week of posting reviews, John! 
                                                                                       I loved "Flags Of Our Fathers" and "The Prestige", "Flicka" was ok, and I hated "Marie Anoinette" even more than "Norbit". "Marie" is 6 on the list and "Norbit" is 7.

-------------
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html

Print Page | Close Window