Print Page | Close Window

Turd Entry in a Not Berry Funny Series

Printed From: Official RAZZIEŽ Forum
Category: 27th RAZZIEŽ AWARDS DISCUSSIONS & FORUMS
Forum Name: SANTA CLAUSE 3
Forum Discription: Nominated for 5 Spray-Painted Statuettes, including WORST SEQUEL
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1417
Printed Date: July 25 2014 at 12:53pm

Topic: Turd Entry in a Not Berry Funny Series
Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Subject: Turd Entry in a Not Berry Funny Series
Date Posted: October 29 2006 at 6:56am

TALK ABOUT BEATING A DEAD REINDEER, HERE COMES #3 in the http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=151&PN=1 - SANTA CLAUSE   SERIES ...AND WE THOUGHT #2 WAS TIRESOME!

SANTA: "Can't you just smell the RAZZberries in the air...??"

JACK: "Oh, sorry...That was me. One too many oatmeal cookies..."

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Replies:
Posted By: Nasty Man
Date Posted: October 29 2006 at 7:08am

I have just one question: WHY is Tim Allen still working?!? Although I can understand the monetary reasons for making a third SANTA CLAUSE movie (the other two made sleigh-loads of money) all other motivations escape me.  Allen hasn't made a successful or funny movie in YEARS!

Throw in Martin Short (who looks absolutely hideous in the trailer and TV ads) and I can guarantee that, even as a Razzie member, I will never pay to see this movie!! 

-------------
Everything SUX!

Posted By: saturnwatcher
Date Posted: October 29 2006 at 1:49pm

It's become quite obvious that Hollywood has finally decided to drive a stake through the heart of the Christmas movie genre. Consider: How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Surviving Christmas, The Santa Claus 2, Bad Santa and The Santa Claus 3 (soon to be retitled Worse Santa ) can there be any doubt?

Tim Allen appears to be a shoe in for at least a Worst Actor nomination this year, with two howlers to his credit...

Response from Head RAZZberry: Actually, Allen has THREE titles eligible for Worst Actor: This, http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=95 - SHAGGY DOG , and http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=135 - ZOOM ...

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Posted By: Razzilla
Date Posted: October 29 2006 at 2:27pm
What's next???

Santa Clause 4: Santa Claus Conquers the Martians???

Date Posted: October 31 2006 at 5:49am
This movie looks to be scarier than See No Evil...

-------------
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...

Posted By: JoeBacon
Date Posted: November 01 2006 at 7:44am

Please tell me this "movie" has a happy ending...where Martin Short kills Tim Allen.

PLEASE!!!!!!

-------------
2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence

Posted By: saturnwatcher
Date Posted: November 01 2006 at 1:43pm

Make that a murder-suicide and I'll be happy. And oh, yes, btw, Razz, I forgot about Zoom. You had to go and remind me.... 

Originally posted by JoeBacon

Please tell me this "movie" has a happy ending...where Martin Short kills Tim Allen.

PLEASE!!!!!!

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Posted By: JoeBacon
Date Posted: November 01 2006 at 2:20pm
I DIDN'T forget ZOOM

And I see once again Spencer Breslin Zoomed into another Bad Tim Allen
Movie.

Atl east Seinfeld knew when to toss his chips in and quit.

Date Posted: November 02 2006 at 12:50pm
Head Razz...if you could get to my tombtone tribute for this movie...would it be possible to get it in both forums???

Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Date Posted: November 03 2006 at 11:10am

Razzilla -- For now, we'll have to be satisfied with this one, also from our http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1183&PN=1 - CELEBRITY TOMBSTONES postings:

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Posted By: sportsartist24
Date Posted: November 03 2006 at 4:50pm

I know Tim Allen is still making movies. He has one in post-production, set to come out in 2007, called WILD HOGS, also starring John Travolta, Martin Lawrence and Marisa Tomei. So it looks like Tim may be up again next year for Razzies...

Response from Head RAZZberry: Allen also has  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385774/ - IN THE PINK  listed on The IMDb as being in "pre-production," co-starring Cher, Bette Midler ...and 2-time RAZZIE "Winner" Britney Spears. So I'd have to say, yes, it certainly does look like he may be back in 2007..

-------------
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.

Date Posted: November 07 2006 at 5:36am
Yeah, that's true, that's only when they begin filming. As for the B.O. no. for SC3, making $19.5 Million and couldn't surpass Borat, but no surprisement. SC1 (1994) made only $19.3 Million in its first week, but managed to make over $144 Million at the B.O. and SC2 (2002) made more than 1 and 3 in its first week, $29 Million, but reached only to over $139 Million at the B.O. I found those results at Box Office Mojo no doubt about that.

-------------
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.

Posted By: ArtGirl138
Date Posted: November 12 2006 at 10:02am

Originally posted by Razzilla

What's next???

Santa Clause 4: Santa Claus Conquers the Martians???

Oh, dear God, that concept alone makes the ORIGINAL Santa Claus Conquers the Martians sound like It's a Wonderful Life! When will anyone make a decent Christmas movie again?

-------------
Self-Proclaimed Cartoon Geek

Date Posted: November 12 2006 at 5:36pm
Wait till you see my idea for that http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=142&PN=1&TPN=18 - remake...

-------------
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...

Date Posted: November 13 2006 at 1:59am

Head RAZZ, what about DECK THE HALLS, which stars Danny DeVito and Matthew Broderick? That film looks pretty bad and may end up being a Razzie contender for this year. It may end up being as bad (or worse) than this film.

Response from Head RAZZberry: From the TV ads, DECK THE HALLS almost looks like a remake of the execrable CHRISTMAS WITH THE CRANKS (which starred Tim Allen!). Not to worry, though, DECK has not passed under our radar: Opening for Thanksgiving weekend, it's been pre-selected as our Worst New Movie of the Weak for November 22...

-------------

Posted By: wetbandit82
Date Posted: November 15 2006 at 2:43am
What they now seem to have forgotten is that the first Santa Clause movie worked because they adhered to one of Walt Disney's favorite theories: That a fantasy film should have some semblance of reality. Hence, it was fairly believable that this could be how Santa might have operated.  Unfortunately, the sequels, as all too often happens, fell into  absurd territory. Seeing the Easter Bunny in the trailer was all I needed to know about where they were going with this one... 

-------------

Date Posted: January 25 2007 at 4:09pm
I know that Tim Allen and Martin Short did a film together before, and it was also distributed by Disney, that was Jungle 2 Jungle, which was a bad film, but it never did get any Razzie noms, and I think Jungle 2 Jungle should have gotten maybe a couple Razzie noms. But put that aside. Now, in their second film together, both have been nominated twice, both in this same film. However, Tim Allen is also nominated for The Shaggy Dog and Zoom in the Worst Actor category while martin Short has been nominated for Worst Supporting Actor. And now both Allen and Short have been nominated for Worst Screen Couple.

-------------

Date Posted: January 26 2007 at 5:38am
Short has really jumped off the cliff himself in recent years; of the surviving members of the SNL/SCTV generation, I consider only Eugene Levy to have fallen further than Short, who's not even a shadow of what he once was.  Was his recent (and much maligned) Jiminy Glick film eligible for a Razzie, since from many accounts it at least deserved a nomination... 

-------------

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: January 31 2007 at 8:11am
Tim Allen deserves this Razzie nom. He was horrible in all 3 movies in 2006. Martin Short wasn't anywhere that good in this movie. Poor Spencer Breslin. He ends up doing these lousy dumb kids movies while his sister, Abligail, has gotten a ton of phrase in Little Miss Sunshine.

Date Posted: January 31 2007 at 8:28am
Tim Allen has fallen frequently since his TV show, Home Improvement, went off the air. Never getting a Razzie nom in his career, he finally gets his first nom this year.

Date Posted: February 03 2007 at 5:02pm
I enjoyed the first Santa Clause movie. I was pretty disappointed with The Santa Clause 2. This one was really disappointing; it's my pick as the worst of The Santa Clause trilogy.

Posted By: Budgieboy
Date Posted: February 04 2007 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Elf Number 1

Poor Spencer Breslin. He ends up doing these lousy dumb kids movies while his sister, Abligail, has gotten a ton of phrase in Little Miss Sunshine.

Abligail has now reveived an Oscar nomination for that movie. I can imagine how pissed off Spencer was when he heard that! 

-------------
A friend in need is a bloody nuisence

Date Posted: February 07 2007 at 7:46am

What a really bad film. I just was really disappointed with this film. This was one of the worst films of the year.

Posted By: tomsmo
Date Posted: February 13 2007 at 3:35am
I read on Imbd that Tim Allen got paid $12,000,000 for Joe Somebody which was okay Movie, so if that what he being paid per film then I guess he would have gotten estimated $36,000,000 guess can't blame him to much for Three Films $12,000,000 a Picture alot of money to turn down.

Date Posted: February 13 2007 at 8:35am
What's wrong with Hollywod? Why do they always make movies and end up ruining the Christmas season, with a lot of other bad Christmas films, inluding Deck the Halls?

Date Posted: February 13 2007 at 8:44am
Tim Allen has gone down the wire since the Home Improvement series went off the air. But of course, Martin Short has also gown down the hill as well. And yes, one of the last good films I've seen with Short are the Father of the Bride films, alongside with Steve Martin, who is also going downhill as well, with the Cheaper By the Dozen movies, and The Pink Panther, as well as some other bad movies he's done in the past.

Date Posted: February 14 2007 at 11:14am
Speaking of Deck the Halls, why the hell didn't Christmas with the Kranks get an Razzie noms? It was like one of the Worst Film ever made in 2004. It should have gotten some Razzie noms.

Posted By: tomsmo
Date Posted: February 14 2007 at 11:25am
I don't know why Christmas with the Kranks was not razzied my be it did not make The Ballot not sure.

Posted By: jb razz
Date Posted: February 14 2007 at 12:31pm
Because Kranks was beaten out for worst picture by an even worse Christmas movie that year: Surviving Christmas And believe me, Ben Affleck was much worse than Tim Allen.

Date Posted: February 23 2007 at 3:27am
Well, at least now Allen has a third Toy Story film to look forward to...and he'd better, because right now Buzz is all he has left. 

Posted By: dipitlow555
Date Posted: June 13 2007 at 3:03pm
I only went to this movie because Ann-Margret was in it. THAT'S ALL!!!!!!!!!! Can anyone actually tell me how and WHY she even got into this piece of crap?

Posted By: bruin_522
Date Posted: August 13 2007 at 12:11pm
This just in: Santa Clause 3 is going to be released on DVD on November 20, I mean, they usually release these Christmas or Holiday movies around Thanksgiving time.

Posted By: SchumacherH8ter
Date Posted: September 09 2007 at 6:59am
This was Peter Boyle's last movie.

-------------
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale

Posted By: bruin_522
Date Posted: October 08 2007 at 3:16pm
And now FRED CLAUS, in which will be coming out next month, will be another example of a lousy Christmas movie.

Posted By: Vits
Date Posted: February 08 2010 at 8:39am
This movie isn't bad.The problem is that the first one was PG for a reason:It can be enjoyed by children and adults.Then second one turned G(kids only),but was O.K.'cuz some adults could still enjoy it.But this one is kids only.That's not good.It's suppose to be a family movie.There's nothin'wron'with havin'cheesy moments,but there's a line(yes,I mean the magic hugs).

-------------
You can follow me http://www.twitter.com/@Vits_Chile - @Vits_Chile

Posted By: BurnHollywoodBurn
Date Posted: February 08 2010 at 1:18pm
No, sorry, it was a BAD movie. The first movie of the series was good, everything else after that was all about making a quick buck off of it. We've already discussed that family movies shouldn't get passes for being bad just because they are family movies and their target audience are kids. That's not an excuse. I just watched the movie "Coraline". It's a family movie, but it's smart and it's a quality movie. So let's not be pulling this "it's a family movie" card, because that's no excuse.

-------------
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.

Date Posted: February 08 2010 at 1:44pm
Actually,you misinterpreted me.Children movies are for kids only(like this).Family movies are for kids and adults(like the first one and CORALINE).

-------------

Posted By: BurnHollywoodBurn
Date Posted: February 08 2010 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Vits

Actually,you misinterpreted me.Children movies are for kids only(like this).Family movies are for kids and adults(like the first one and CORALINE).
And as I stated before, adults do have to pay for the kids and sit with them as they watch the movie. Hollywood should at least try to make a good movie, even if the audience is young. Check the 30th Anniversary Nods thread, there's a nice essay post about how kids are not as dumb as the product that Hollywood makes for them.

-------------
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.

Date Posted: February 08 2010 at 4:15pm

Agree.No more children movies,and more family movies!

-------------

Date Posted: January 24 2014 at 4:01pm
I've just re-watched the trilogy. I give them an 8, 6 and 4/10.
Originally posted by Vits

This movie isn't bad.The problem is that the first one was PG for a reason:It can be enjoyed by children and adults.Then second one turned G(kids only),but was O.K.'cuz some adults could still enjoy it.But this one is kids only.That's not good.It's suppose to be a family movie.There's nothin'wron'with havin'cheesy moments,but there's a line(yes,I mean the magic hugs).

-------------

Print Page | Close Window