Print Page | Close Window

A Good Source of Holiday JEERS!

Printed From: Official RAZZIEŽ Forum
Category: 27th RAZZIEŽ AWARDS DISCUSSIONS & FORUMS
Forum Name: DECK THE HALLS
Forum Discription: Nominated for 3 Spray-Painted Statuettes, including WORST EXCUSE for FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1456
Printed Date: October 22 2014 at 7:01pm

Topic: A Good Source of Holiday JEERS!
Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Subject: A Good Source of Holiday JEERS!
Date Posted: November 17 2006 at 4:59am

HO, HO...OH, NO!  MERE DAZE AFTER http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=151 - SANTA CLAUSE 3  LOOKED LIKE a CINCH to BE THE WORST HOLIDAY MOVIE of 2006, ALONG CAME ANOTHER BELABORED, UNFUNNY SELF-PROCLAIMED "FAMILY CHRISTMAS COMEDY." WE'LL TAKE AUNT MYRTLE'S BRICK-HARD FRUITCAKE OVER CRAP LIKE THESE MOVIES ANY DAY!!

Broderick: "Shouldn't this have been made as an ABC Afterschool Special for the Friday after Thanksgiving??"

DeVito: "I don't know...Would they let me fart in an Afterschool Special?!?!"

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Replies:
Posted By: Razzilla
Date Posted: November 17 2006 at 5:40am
I see an alternate title listed as ALL LIT UP...which is something the viewers of this movie may have to be to get one laugh out of it...

-------------
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...

Posted By: wetbandit82
Date Posted: November 17 2006 at 11:42am
The previews don't look the least bit interesting.  Indeed holiday films lately have been along the "what's the point?" line of thinking (and sadly we don't seem to be out of the woods yet for this year). 

Posted By: saturnwatcher
Date Posted: November 18 2006 at 3:21am
On the subject of bad holiday films, and they seem to be crawling out of the woodwork lately, we have the soon to open Unaccompanied Minors. This one looks line a direct remake of Home Alone reset in an airport with a group of kids. Hollywood appears to be on a crusade to slay not just holiday movies, but the holidays themselves!

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Posted By: sportsartist24
Date Posted: November 19 2006 at 4:41pm

Don't worry, Head RAZZ will be able to put UNACCOMPANIED MINORS in the radar of possible Razzie contenders. Not to mention it features a few newcomers, and actors that have been known for being in TV shows such as Wilmer Valderrama (That 70's Show) and Tyler James Williams (Everybody Hates Chris), plus it has Brett Kelley, who is also known for being in the film that came out 3 years ago and was for mature adults, BAD SANTA. My big questions are: Why the hell is Hollywood coming up with ideas to destroy holiday movies, and why the hell are they trying to ruin the holidays as well?

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

On the subject of bad holiday films, and they seem to be crawling out of the woodwork lately, we have the soon to open Unaccompanied Minors. This one looks line a direct remake of Home Alone reset in an airport with a group of kids. Hollywood appears to be on a crusade to slay not just holiday movies, but the holidays themselves!

-------------
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.

Posted By: ITbeast
Date Posted: November 22 2006 at 4:03am
I saw this at a sneak preview, and overall it was not that bad. It even had a couple of good chuckles, especially in one scene with De Vito and Broderick after Broderick's character almost drowned and froze in a lake. I'm going to see Santa Clause 3 this weekend, and will let you know which I think is the worst holiday movie.

-------------
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Posted By: Budgieboy
Date Posted: December 15 2006 at 9:57pm
I couldn't help but post this review by Richard Roeper

"You cannot believe how excruciatingly awful this movie is. It is bad in a way that will cause unfortunate viewers to huddle in the lobby afterward, hugging in small groups, consoling one another with the knowledge that it's over, it's over -- thank God, it's over. [...] Compared to the honest hard labor performed by tens of millions of Americans every day, a film critic's job is like a winning lottery ticket. But there IS work involved, and it can be painful -- and the next time someone tells me I have the best job in the world, I'm going to grab them by the ear, fourth-grade-teacher-in-1966-style, and drag them to see Deck the Halls."

-------------
A friend in need is a bloody nuisence

Posted By: sportsartist24
Date Posted: January 25 2007 at 4:22pm

Danny DeVito has his 4th Razzie nom in his career, though one of those noms is one in which everyone thought he didn't deserve that nom. Of course, everyone knows what that was: Batman Returns. Everyone has always said that DeVito was good in B.R.

Danny DeVito as Penguin in Warner Bros. Batman Returns

Though DeVito looks pretty scary-looking as Penguin. He used to be in such good movies like One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, but now it's been pretty hard seeing DeVito in a good film. But I think he'll make a comeback, the question is when?

Danny DeVito and Matthew Broderick in 20th Century Fox's Deck the Halls

-------------
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.

Posted By: bruin_522
Date Posted: January 30 2007 at 6:36am
So, why is Hollywood now choosing to do such lousy Christmas movies? Of course, what I hate about these Christmas movies is that they don't come out on DVD until the Christmas holidays return a full year later.

-------------

Date Posted: February 03 2007 at 5:14pm
I think this film's gonna win the Worst Excuse of Family Entertainment for sure. Guess we'll know when they announce the winners!

-------------

Date Posted: February 05 2007 at 5:50am
Matthew Broderick hasn't done a lot of good films lately. He was really good in Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Glory. I guess in the late '90's, he started to go downhill a bit...

-------------

Posted By: saturnwatcher
Date Posted: February 07 2007 at 2:21am

Originally posted by bruin_522

Matthew Broderick hasn't done a lot of good films lately. He was really good in Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Glory. I guess in the late '90's, he started to go downhill a bit...

A bit? Inspector Gadget practically qualifies as a crime against humanity, and who amongst us wasn't hoping beyond hope that the pathetic, Americanized Godzilla wouldn't have him for dinner?

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Date Posted: February 07 2007 at 7:52am
Makes you wonder:  Ed Rooney's famous vow was "Fifteen years from now when he looks back over the ruin his life's become..."  So actually in regards to Broderick's career that turned out pretty accurate to when his slide really began (not that Jeffrey Jones has that much positive to say about his own career right now, mind you). 

Date Posted: February 12 2007 at 3:09am

Hey, Head RAZZ, didn't Godzilla, the one with Matthew Broderick, win a Razzie in 1998? I think it did, though, because Inspector Gadget never got any Razzie noms, but that's one of those films which should have gotten some Razzie noms for sure.

Date Posted: February 12 2007 at 5:32am
Agreed.  It's hard to believe the the same DiC creative team that brought the world the show could support a script like that (but since this is also the same DiC team that thought the laughable Corporal Capeman would be an interesting addition to the show, it might not be that much of a stretch).  Two major reasons the series worked that they casually tossed out the window (not including the decision not to even try to go at the self-destructing assignments that were among the best parts of the show) was A) Gadget's well-defined personality, being firmly and egotistically to an extent convinced he's a great crimefighter even though he never has a clue what's going on around him and B) the fact little backstory was ever explained made it better to watch, for it signaled they trusted the viewers' intelligence enough to draw their own conclusions on several things.  Additionally, Frank Welker's Claw is a dangerous villain, perhaps one of the most dangerous in a mainstream cartoon.  Even if Standards and Practices would still limit his activities to mainly theft and prohibit guns, that still doesn't stop him from from attempting to take characters' lives with just about every other weapon in the book.  Whereas you can never believe Rupert Holmes can do anything really bad, and that kills them. 

Date Posted: February 14 2007 at 2:28am
Uhhh...Sorry to say this, but wasn't it Rupert Everett who played Claw? Because I'm sure he did, and he was pretty bad at playing that role.

Date Posted: February 14 2007 at 6:49am
My mistake. 

Date Posted: February 15 2007 at 2:37am
Hey man, it's alright. It's like I said, Rupert Everett wasn't good as Claw in Inspector Gadget. But I think another actor in that movie that was really annoying and just being plain stupid was Andy Dick.

Date Posted: February 20 2007 at 2:43am

Here's what Inspector Gadget should have been nominated:

Worst Picture

Worst Director: David Kellogg

Worst Actor: Matthew Broderick

Worst Actress: Joely Fisher

Worst Supporting Actor: Rupert Everett

Worst Supporting Actor: Andy Dick

Worst Screen Couple: Matthew Broderick and either Joely Fisher or the Gadgetmobile

Worst Screenplay

Date Posted: February 24 2007 at 9:25am
I remember seeing this movie, and yes, this did look a lot similar to Christmas with the Kranks, which starred this year's Razzie nominee Tim Allen. However, Kranks just got beaten out in the 25th Annual Razzie Awards. Of course, Surviving Christmas was also really bad. Of course, Ben Affleck made a big comeback this year for Hollywoodland, but, unfortunately, didn't get an Oscar nomination for that film. Perhaps it could be that there were other Actors who had better performances.

Date Posted: February 27 2007 at 9:22am
Well, it didn't win the Worst Excuse for Family Entertainment award as I was hoping it would, losing out to RV.

Posted By: jb razz
Date Posted: March 17 2007 at 7:34am
HeadRAZZ, did you list Mathew Broderick on the ballot for worst actor for this movie? He was much worse than Danny Devito, but Devito ended up getting nominated.

Posted By: SchumacherH8ter
Date Posted: September 12 2007 at 12:18pm
This was EXTREME-ly doofy.

-------------
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html

Date Posted: October 08 2007 at 3:14pm
This was one example of Hollywood destroying Christmas. Now we're going to see another example in a month called FRED CLAUS. And it's never going to get any better.

Print Page | Close Window