Print Page | Close Window

A Fairly Awful Fairy Tale...

Printed From: Official RAZZIE® Forum
Category: 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX!
Forum Name: HAPPILY N'EVER AFTER
Forum Discription: A Fake Fairy Tale with Enough Whimsy to Make a Pink Elephant Puke...
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1599
Printed Date: December 21 2014 at 12:38am

Topic: A Fairly Awful Fairy Tale...
Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Subject: A Fairly Awful Fairy Tale...
Date Posted: January 03 2007 at 12:55pm

CONTINUING HOLLYWOOD's STREAK (OR SHOULD THAT BE "SKID MARK"?) of AWFUL FAMILY FILMS, http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=166 - HAPPILY N'EVER AFTER FEATURES the VOICE "TALENTS" of FREDDIE PRINZE JUNIOR, SARAH MICHELLE GELLAR and ANDY DICK (THE KINDA FOLKS YOU'D NEVER WANNA SEE in a LIVE ACTION FLICK) AS WELL AS a STORY THAT SOUNDS RIPPED-OFF from BOTH SHREK MOVIES. IT COULD BE OUR FIRST CONTENDER for the 28th ANNUAL RAZZIE AWARDS...and 2007 ISN'T EVEN a WEEK OLD, YET!

Pig: "Looks like I'm happier than me in sh*t...Oh wait, if I'm in this, I am in sh*t!!"

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Replies:
Posted By: MJ Narcy
Date Posted: January 06 2007 at 3:55am
Rotten tomatoes has given it a 5% rating.  It takes some real work to "achieve" a single digit score on that web site.

Speaking of single digit scores on Rotten Tomatoes

Thr3e :           ;           ;      9%  (Thr3e squared!)
Happly NEver After:         5%
Code Name: The Cleaner: 4%

Posted By: ArtGirl138
Date Posted: January 06 2007 at 8:39am

God, where do I begin on this? The animation quality looks awful, the plot obviously feels ripped off, most of the cast is untalented...seems like its primary reason for existence is to lure the usually unsuspecting crowd of five-year-olds and snag their parents' hard-earned cash.

Problem is, I'm sure a five-year-old could tell this movie's stupid...

-------------
Self-Proclaimed Cartoon Geek

Posted By: sportsartist24
Date Posted: January 15 2007 at 5:25pm
Another bad animated film, not to mention, still like a few more animated films in 2007 to go, and this one looks like to be the first shoe-in for Worst Animated Feature in 2007. We'll have to wait to see for anymore bad animated films to come out for sure.

-------------
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: January 30 2007 at 3:07am
Yep, sportsartist, this is definitely gonna be the first one for Worst Animated Feature alright. I'm pretty sure there'll be plenty more bad animated films to come, but we'll wait 'till more start coming out.

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: January 31 2007 at 8:24am
Wow, another Berry Bad animated film, the first of 2007. Hopefully, if there'll be more lame animated movies like this one, we can start the category Worst Animated Feature.

Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Date Posted: March 09 2007 at 6:18am
I'm not sure if I agree with their criteria, but in Rotten Tomatoes' recent ranking of The 100 Worst Reviewed Films of ALL TIME, HAPPILY N'EVER AFTER ranks http://www.rottentomatoes.com/features/special/2007/wotw/?r=24&mid=1169220 - #24 ...

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Posted By: bruin_522
Date Posted: March 19 2007 at 4:11am
...and it's still one of the worst animated films ever made.

Posted By: tomsmobr
Date Posted: March 20 2007 at 4:45am

On May 1st will have a Worst DVD of The Weak when HAPPILY N'EVER AFTER comes out on DVD May 1st. here link below to view The DVD Cover Art

http://www.amazon.com/Happily-Never-After-Widescreen/dp/B000O58ZHQ/ref=sr_1_2/103-1643906-5715851?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1174412998&sr=8-2 - http://www.ama http://www.amazon.com/Happily-Never-After-Widescreen/dp/B000O58ZHQ/ref=sr_1_2/103-1643906-5715851?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1174412998&sr=8-2 - zon.com/Happily-Never-After-Widescreen/dp/B000O58ZHQ/ref=sr_ 1_2/103-1643906-5715851?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1174412998 &sr=8-2

Date Posted: March 22 2007 at 4:22am
And now, with TMNT on the RAZZIE Forum list, we now have 2 animated films, TMNT and Happily N'ever After, that qualify for Worst Animated Feature. I think we should try and start that category, since there's gonna be a ton of Berry Bad Animated Films yet to come out this year.

Date Posted: March 22 2007 at 4:32am
I also think there should be a catagory for Worst Thrillers and/or  Horror Films

-------------

Date Posted: March 24 2007 at 7:10am
Let's see, how many animated films have been nominated for a RAZZIE? Well, I'm not sure on that, but I do know one animated film "did" win a RAZZIE that's for sure. Can you like list the following animated films that have been nominated for a RAZZIE, Head RAZZ?

Date Posted: March 24 2007 at 7:31am

17th Annual RAZZIE® Awards (for 1996)  Beavis and Butt-Head, BEAVIS AND BUTT-HEAD DO AMERICA Worst New Stars Beavis and Butt-Head Beavis and Butt-Head Worst Screen Couple

THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Screenplay by Tab Murphy, Irene Mecchi, Bob Tzudiker & Noni White

MOST FLATULENT TEEN-TARGETED MOVIE (New Category!) Scooby Doo

Gala 25th Annual RAZZIE® Awards (for 2004 and Our First 25 Years) SCOOBY DOO 2: MONSTERS UNLEASHED

Date Posted: March 24 2007 at 7:58am
Actually, Scooby Doo and Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed were live-action films. Adam Sandler's Eight Crazy Nights is an animated film which received a RAZZIE nod for Worst Actor in '02 for Adam Sandler, also for Mr. Deeds. It also was nominated for Most Flatulent Teen-Targeted Movie. And the only animated film to "win" a RAZZIE is Thumbelina, which "won" a RAZZIE in 1994 for Worst Original Song.

Date Posted: March 24 2007 at 8:14am
The Reason I said Scooby Doo was because Scooby Doo and I guess Scrappy from The First one were both CGI or Computer Animated forgot about Eight Crazy Nights and Thumbelina

Date Posted: May 05 2007 at 6:25am
Happily N'Ever After has been named Worst New DVD of the Weak. That's what I saw on the Home Page. I think it sounds like the Head RAZZ is back. What has happened to ya, Head RAZZ? We haven't heard from ya in a while.

Date Posted: July 26 2007 at 4:56pm

This is just the strangest tagline to a fairytale but fits to this really bad and horrible movie: Don't Let Your Hair Down. Don't Go To The Ball. Don't Visit Grandma.

Response from Head RAZZberry: We should also add: "...And whatever you do, don't spend more than 98-cents to see this wretched excuse for family entertainment!!"

-------------

Posted By: dipitlow555
Date Posted: July 27 2007 at 4:20pm
Ok, let's leave it to Disney and Shrek (not for long though) to make us some good family, animated movies from now on. deal? GOOD!

Posted By: moviewizguy
Date Posted: August 18 2007 at 10:06am

Well, I finally saw this movie to see why it's so bad and you know what? It wasn't bad at all! Who said the animation was crap? It's soooo much better than Hoodwinked (the animation, I mean, haven't seen that movie yet) and it looked normal. As for the movie, it was actually not kiddy like. There were some innuendo here and there and some jokes were actually laugh out loud hilarious. Yeah, it was predictable but I love the twist on the fairy tales (I thought they could've done more on it) and that it acted like any other animation movies released these days. I still don't know the reason why this movie got treated like so much crap.

Response from Head RAZZberry: When any movie so blatantly rips-off another recent movie that even teen-agers can tell it's unoriginal, I think it at least deserves attention on our RAZZIE Forum. HAPPILY was a crappily-made attempt to rip-off SHREK, and deserved to bomb as it did. Perhaps "the reason why this movie got treated like so much crap" is that it WAS "so much crap!"

-------------

Print Page | Close Window