Print Page | Close Window

It Happened One Fright?!?!?

Printed From: Official RAZZIEŽ Forum
Category: 2007 RAZZIEŽ MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX!
Forum Name: THE HITCHER
Forum Discription: How Can You Thumb a Ride When You Get "Two Thumbs Down"??
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1618
Printed Date: April 18 2014 at 2:12am

Topic: It Happened One Fright?!?!?
Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Subject: It Happened One Fright?!?!?
Date Posted: January 12 2007 at 4:00am

WILL IT BE a WORTHY THRILLER...OR a HITCH-CROCK?? THIS WHOLLY UNNECESSARY RE-MAKE (FROM a DIRECTOR WHOSE PAST CREDITS INCLUDE BRITNEY SPEARS MUSIC VIDEOS!) MAKES 2007 3-for-3 for BAD MOVIES: THREE WEEKS, THREE OBVIOUS CHOICES for WORST NEW MOVIE of the WEAK...

"I'm sinkin' in the rain...just sinkin' in the rain!" 

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Replies:
Posted By: wetbandit82
Date Posted: January 17 2007 at 5:34pm
Another of the executives major faults is that they're getting increasingly impatient with the remakes they insist on.  I think there should be a gap of about 30 years between an original and a remake so that each generation can smoothly have its own version.  Taking a film only 20 years old runs a high risk of alienating the first ones' base, many of whom are still in the Holy Demographic Estate themselves.  The trailers have done nothing to inspire any confidence for me in it, either.  I don't think'll it'll be a major nominee--far worse horror films have sadly seen the light of day over the last 12 months--but it might be worth a nod or two somewhere. 

Posted By: sportsartist24
Date Posted: January 20 2007 at 4:11pm

Let's see, Primeval + this movie + now, Blood and Chocolate makes that 3 bad horror movies of 2007, which makes it about 300 lousy horror movies. But soon, we'll have another one added in. That would be THE MESSENGERS, which is my pick as worst new movie of the weak of February 2. You've seen the TV ads for that film, Head RAZZ, and you think it will be lame as well? 

Response from Head RAZZBerry: Wanna know my opinion of http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=173 - MESSENGERS (or express your own) -- Here's a http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=173 - LINK to our Forum regarding it. And yes, it was picked as Worst of the Weak...

-------------
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.

Posted By: moviewizguy
Date Posted: January 24 2007 at 10:53am
You can't judge things by their trailers. That's what I did with Saw, refusing to watch it because I thought it was mindless blood and gore, which is pointless. Then I decided to watch it and it was one of the best movies i've seen! And The Messengers is a thriller and I'm protecting it because the girl from Panic Room stars in it! The Hitcher won't get a razzie nomintation because critics didn't think it was half bad.

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: January 31 2007 at 8:22am
Ok, moviewizguy, perhaps you just don't know anything about horror movies. I've seen this one, and in my point of view, it looked like a mixture of TCM and The Amytville Horror.

Date Posted: January 31 2007 at 2:00pm
...but wasn't I talking about The Messengers?

Posted By: PopcornAvenger
Date Posted: February 22 2007 at 4:21pm
I never watched the original movie - IMO, anyone dumb enough to pick up a hitcher (in a hollywood movie! :P )  deserves what they get. It just never appealed, and I like horror movies in general.

Why in the nine hells would I want to see a remake? Yet another case of a Stupid Hollywood Idea On a Cocktail Napkin.

Unfortunately I couldn't nominate or vote on it in the Razzes, as it makes my list of Movies I'll Never Watch (Titanic is #1).

-------------

Posted By: dipitlow555
Date Posted: July 31 2007 at 5:40am

The critics might not think it was half bad, but I do.

Originally posted by moviewizguy

You can't judge things by their trailers. That's what I did with Saw, refusing to watch it because I thought it was mindless blood and gore, which is pointless. Then I decided to watch it and it was one of the best movies i've seen! And The Messengers is a thriller and I'm protecting it because the girl from Panic Room stars in it! The Hitcher won't get a Razzie nomintation because critics didn't think it was half bad.

-------------

Posted By: Kenny
Date Posted: August 08 2007 at 7:41am
I saw it. Mediocre, but it may potentionally be a "Worst Remake or Sequel" in my opinion. Don't see any other awards for it though. I mean, it's Sean Bean, guys. He's a great actor. Terribly wasted here, but it wasn't his fault.

Posted By: Criss808
Date Posted: August 20 2007 at 11:21am
Why oh why do these studios keep on making these uninspired horror movie remakes? "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre", "The Hills Have Eyes", "When A Stranger Calls", and so many others that I can't think of at the top of my head. The next horror movie remake is "Halloween". It's directed by Rob Zombie, who actually made a very good horror movie called "The Devil's Rejects". I hope he does a good job with "Halloween" because the original is still one of the most frightening films I've ever seen. And I hope they won't make 30,000 sequels after this one either. How many times does Michael Myers have to be killed until he's dead. He's been blown up, shot, stabbed, his head was chopped off, he's been hung, and every possible way a person could die. Ughhhh!!!!

Posted By: wetbandit82
Date Posted: August 20 2007 at 11:36am
Well, they haven't tried shoving an H-bomb down his throat or having him eaten by a rabid lion yet, if they want something to shoot for...

Posted By: cvcjr13
Date Posted: August 20 2007 at 3:27pm

Originally posted by wetbandit82

Well, they haven't tried shoving an H-bomb down his throat or having him eaten by a rabid lion yet, if they want something to shoot for...

Oh, come on!  Don't give them any ideas! . . .

Posted By: Criss808
Date Posted: September 08 2007 at 8:08am
LMAO!!! The director has directed videos for Britney Spears? Hahahaha. That right there should automatically get him a Razzie nomination.

Posted By: SchumacherH8ter
Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 1:26pm

This was OK, but not as good as the original one.

-------------
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Up-next: Reefer Madness

Date Posted: September 28 2007 at 8:46am
So I watched it and hated it....liked the ending though.

Posted By: SlammyFewFew
Date Posted: October 20 2007 at 12:22pm
It was alright
nothing special
I do think Sophia Bush is a talented actress, it shows in this although I am not a fan of her because she is a very nasty person (i should know)

Posted By: SchumacherH8ter
Date Posted: March 15 2012 at 7:22pm
Ignore that comment I made on the last page.

The good:

Sean Bean: Bean plays the tital hitcher. He's good, but not as good as Rutger Hauer.

Sophia Bush: She decent here and this isn't the worst movie associated with One Tree Hill (Atlas Shrugged!!)

The "Closer" scene: The scene that uses Nine Inch Nails' Closer is nicely done, even if the scene has no relation to the song.

The bad:

The opening scene: The opening scene has something that happens in a lot of Platinum Dunes movies: unneeded roadkill. There was some dead animals in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and there's a graphic scene where a cow is run over in the prequel. Those could be defended though: the first example is quick and the second one is actually plot relevant. This was can't be defended though. It features a rabbit getting run over, and then it shifts Sophia and her boyfriend getting ready for a trip. It's pointless and makes me think that someone on the staff has a roadkill fetish. Probably Michael Bay.

Neal McDonaugh: The star of I Know Who Killed Me and The Legend Of Chun-Li strikes again. He plays Esteridge badly, especially compared to Esteridge from the original, where he's played by Dale from The Walking Dead (R.I.P. Dale)

The ugly:

Dave Meyers: Rule of thumb: if a movie is directed by a music video vet and it's not David Fincher, Spike Jonze, Sophia Coppola, Ruben Fleischer, Gore Verbinski, Marc Webb and a couple others it's gonna suck. Is it me, or does Platinum Dunes only exist so that Bay can give other music video directors more money. The only person who's directed a Platinum Dunes movie that isn't a music video director is Jonathan Liebesman.

Zachary Knighton: Knighton is impossibly bland as Bush's boyfriend. I've checked his resume and the only good thing on there was a single episode of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia where his character only exists so the gang can accidentily do terrible things to him.

The script: There's many things wrong with this script, but the biggest mis-step would have to be the gender flip. One of the things that made the original interesting is that there seemed to be homoerotic tension between the two characters. It did that much better than Freddy's Revenge. With this one, however, it's just your basic slasher movie.

Zachary Knighton is, also, in the show Happy Endings that a lot of people like, but I don't trust Elisha Cuthbert when she's not Kim Bauer. Grade: D+

Next-up: Friday The 13th!!!

-------------
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Up-next: Reefer Madness

Posted By: jesse685
Date Posted: March 16 2012 at 1:11pm
And Zachary Knighton was also on the show FlashForward, which I thought that show was OK.

-------------
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685

Posted By: Vits
Date Posted: March 16 2012 at 5:38pm
He was also in LIFE ON A STICK, one of those shows that was very smart but not funny enough. That's one of the pleasures of living in Latin America: when one of your shows gets cancelled, every filmed episode airs here no matter what.

-------------
You can follow me http://www.twitter.com/@Vits_Chile - @Vits_Chile

Print Page | Close Window