Forum Name: NORBIT
Forum Discription: "Winner" of 3 RAZZIES® including Worst Actor of 2007
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1722
Printed Date: August 23 2014 at 11:51am

Topic: Chew the Fat Regarding NORBIT
Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Subject: Chew the Fat Regarding NORBIT
Date Posted: February 28 2007 at 3:48am

SO WHY DID EDDIE MURPHY AGREE to STAR in http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=82 - BIG MOMMA'S HOUSE III ?? 

NOT SURPRISINGLY, HIS LATEST OUTING in LATEX HASN'T EXACTLY BEEN a CRITICAL DARLING...BUTT FEEL FREE to LET US KNOW WHATCHOO THINK BELOW...

Eddie: "Whatchoo mean, this cellulite cost me an Oscar? And where would I put it if I had won one...Wait a minute, don't answer that!!"

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Replies:
Posted By: tomsmo
Date Posted: February 28 2007 at 9:13am
If you go to YouTube, and look up Black Snake Moan, you'll see Richard Roper and Kevin Smith (who is sitting in for Roger Ebert) giving their Thumbs Up / Thumbs Down reviews -- and giving "Norbit" two Thumbs way down.

-------------

Posted By: jb razz
Date Posted: February 28 2007 at 11:51am
While the Big Mamma's House movies are not very good, they're at least a little bit clever in the way they make fun of Southern matriarchs. But Norbit has the stupidest, lamest, most tasteless and least funny fat jokes you'll ever see.

Posted By: bruin_522
Date Posted: March 01 2007 at 8:46am
ICK! Looking at that image of Eddie as a fat lady just reminded me of The Nutty Professor, which also starred Eddie. I know some people don't believe in Oscar curses, but now it seems like Eddie is being struck with one, and going back to where he was before he got the Oscar nomination...

-------------

Posted By: moorlock2003
Date Posted: March 01 2007 at 10:26am
Murphy no doubt blew his chance of ever being nominated again when he stormed out of the Academy Awards after he lost. Can't we try to cheer him up, and give him a Razzie next year for "Norbit"?

-------------
Fred Cooper

Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Date Posted: March 01 2007 at 4:34pm
It just occurred to me earlier today: Since he plays 3 distinct characters in NORBIT, Eddie Murphy could technically be eligible for 3 separate RAZZIE nominations for this one film: As Worst Actor for playing Norbit, as Worst Actress for playing Rasputia, and as Worst Supporting Actor for playing Mr. Wong. If this did happen, it would set a new RAZZIE record...

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Date Posted: March 02 2007 at 2:06am
...and Worst Screen Couple for any two of the three above mentioned characters...

-------------

Posted By: jb razz
Date Posted: March 02 2007 at 9:13am

No, I think at the most he should be nominated for Worst Actress (as Rasputia) and Worst Screen Couple: Eddie Murphy (as Norbit) and Eddie (as Rasputia).

I read one critic's review that said Murphy does a good job in creating three distinct characters but he is working with incredibly weak material and his talents can do nothing to save this movie.

According to IMDb, Murphy helped write the screenplay by providing the story. Maybe that's where he should get a Razzie, in the Worst Screenplay category. 

Response from Head RAZZberry: If he did "win" Worst Screenplay for 2007, it would be his second in that category. Murphy already  "won" a Worst Screenplay RAZZIE for http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Harlem+Nights&domains=razzies.com&sitesearch=razzies.com - HARLEM NIGHTS  in 1989...

-------------

Posted By: ArtGirl138
Date Posted: March 03 2007 at 3:26pm

God...why on EARTH would Eddie Murphy think this was a decent idea for a movie? And just when we thought he was going to have a comeback after Dreamgirls...

Seriously, I can't think of any reason for this movie to exist other than to A) Ruin Eddie's Oscar chances (which it did), or B) Make a fat - no pun intended - wad of cash (which it did).

-------------
Self-Proclaimed Cartoon Geek

Date Posted: March 09 2007 at 6:08pm

Has anyone looked at this? I just saw that Norbit is http://www.rottentomatoes.com/features/special/2007/wotw/?r=98&mid=1169132 - #98 on the http://www.rottentomatoes.com/features/special/2007/wotw/ - 100 Worst-Reviewed Films of All Time on Rotten Tomatoes...

Speaking of the RT list, Head RAZZ, why not add two more films that came out this year to the 2007 Potential Razzie Contenders Forum? "Code Name: The Cleaner" is http://www.rottentomatoes.com/features/special/2007/wotw/?r=39&mid=1169018 - #39 on the 100 Worst-Reviewed Films of All Time on Rotten Tomatoes, and "Because I Said So" is at http://www.rottentomatoes.com/features/special/2007/wotw/?r=54&mid=1168253 - #54 on that list...

-------------

Posted By: wetbandit82
Date Posted: March 10 2007 at 2:37pm
Word is Eddie'll be reviving Axel Foley soon as well, with Beverly Hills Cop 4.  The question is, will the character still be relevant today (and have decent enough script material to back him up)? Unlike many others, I didn't really find BHC Part III that bad: sure, there was a sense of fatigue about it and it certainly didn't help that John Landis was rusty after being away for so long following the Twilight Zone debacle, and they did fail to milk every joke as well as they could have. But what they did come up with I thought was at least passable...  

-------------

Date Posted: March 11 2007 at 5:19pm

He's Back and this time he brining a Friend along to be Razzied

Stand-up Williams lays down law for Murphy comedy

Stand-up comedian Katt Williams will write and star in DreamWorks Pictures' comedy "Marshals." http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hc&cf=gen&id=1800011536 - Eddie Murphy will produce and is set to co-star.

The story revolves around the first black marshals of the Old West.

Murphy and Williams recently teamed on DreamWorks' box office hit "Norbit," in which Williams played Lord Have Mercy.

Williams embarked on a U.S. stand-up tour this weekend that kicked off with two sold-out shows at Radio City Music Hall. His credits include the DVD "The Pimp Chronicles Part 1," which aired in September on HBO. He recently shot his follow-up "The Pimp Chronicles Part 2" in Chicago.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Date Posted: March 19 2007 at 4:05am

Here's my list of some of the RAZZIE noms this film deserves:

Worst Picture

Worst Actor: Eddie Murphy

Worst Actress: Eddie Murphy (in drag!)

Worst Suppoting Actor: Eddie Murphy (as Mr. Wrong)

Worst Supporting Actor: Cuba Gooding, Jr.

Worst Supporting Actor: Marlon Wayans

Worst Director: Brian Robbins

Worst Screenplay: Eddie Murphy & Charles Q. Murphy

Worst Screen Couple: Eddie Murphy and either himself in-drag or Thandie Newton

-------------

Date Posted: April 03 2007 at 2:07pm
Check this out, Head RAZZ, this does look strange, but it's all true. Apparently Thandie Newton was so infuriated with Eddie Murphy's on-set behavior she considered quitting the production more than once.

Date Posted: May 05 2007 at 6:29am
Update from Box Office Mojo: NORBIT is still standing at $95.3 Million at the U.S. Box Office. And I'm not exactly sure if this movie will ever make it past the $100 million dollar mark at the U.S. Box Office.

Date Posted: May 22 2007 at 1:30pm
TRIVIA: In the USA, this was originally rated R but, was reduced to PG-13 on appeal. I wonder, could re-ratings be one of the new perks of Hollywood?

-------------

Date Posted: May 23 2007 at 1:57pm

I wouldn't be surprised in the least.  Clearly the ratings board is so out of whack that they probably wouldn't have much resistance to a desperate executive who offers them several million and new luxury cars for services rendered.  

Response from Head RAZZberry: You're not suggesting the MPAA Ratings Board is susceptable to being swayed, are you? Ever since they gave the original EXORCIST an "R" nearly 35 years ago (at the time, many movie-goers thought it deserved an "X"!) they've had a rep for being "flexible" regarding what ratings they give major studio product... 

-------------

Posted By: Criss808
Date Posted: June 13 2007 at 9:04am

FYC - Possible nominations for Norbit  
WORST PICTURE,
WORST DIRECTOR (Brian Robbins)
WORST ACTOR (Eddie Murphy as Norbit)
WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR (Eddie Murphy as Mr. Wong)
WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR (Marlon Wayans)
WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR (Cuba Gooding Jr.)
WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS (Eddie Murphy as Rasputia)
WORST SCREEN COUPLE (Eddie Murphy & anyone who shares the screen with him)
WORST SCREENPLAY  

Response from Head RAZZberry: I assume you, like I, just saw this on DVD. I did not find myself laughing even once -- Cringing, yes, several times. I agree with you on all of the above (but some might argue Rasputia was a "leading" role). I am also mulling whether NORBIT deserves a Worst Remake or Rip-Off nod, since it is arguably a rip-off of Eddie Murphy's own remake of Jerry Lewis' NUTTY PROFESSOR... 

-------------

Posted By: moorlock2003
Date Posted: June 26 2007 at 1:49pm

Proposed new category: Worst Behavior by a Major Star. And the Razzie goes to...Eddie Murphy. The guy is totally obnoxious in every interview I've seen him do. Will he ever grow up? I mean, he has 7 or 8 kids now, doesn't he? 

-------------
Fred Cooper

Posted By: dipitlow555
Date Posted: July 27 2007 at 5:39pm

How stupid is Eddie Murphy?!?!?!?!?!?! If he'd never made this movie, he might have an Oscar for DREAMGIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response from Head RAZZberry: Or if he'd had the sense to ask that NORBIT's release be delayed until after Oscar balloting closed earlier this year. But one gets the impression from his promotional efforts on behalf of NORBIT that Eddie Murphy's actually proud of this film (after all, he not only played multiple roles, he co-wrote the horrendous screenplay). But proud enough to show up and accept a statuette if he "wins" a RAZZIE or two for it?? Guess we'll find out come next February... 

-------------

Date Posted: August 01 2007 at 4:33am

I can't imagine "Norbit" or Eddie Murphy not winning a Razzie this year! I mean, he got away with not winning for "Pluto Nash", "I Spy", and "Showtime," but I think this may be his year. "Norbit" is definitely a frontrunner for WORST PICTURE and for WORST ACTOR. Even though it should be a frontrunner for WORST ACTRESS, I think with all the media she's getting, Lindsay Lohan is probably everyone's favorite so far to win. PLEASE RAZZIE VOTERS, DON'T FORGET ABOUT THIS MOVIE WHEN IT IS TIME TO NOMINATE FILMS ON THIS YEAR'S NOMINATING BALLOT. Thanks. 

Response from Head RAZZberry: I have gone back-and-forth as to whether Murphy's portrayal of "Rasputia" qualifies him for Worst Actress or Worst Supporting -- A solid case could be made for either. Putting him in Supporting would leave the field open for him to possibly (and deservedly!)  "win" at least two RAZZIES for this one film (and still let Lindsay Lohan maybe "win" an equally deserved Worst Actress award) so that's how I'm leaning at this point. Eddie's portrayal of "Mr. Wong" (perhaps the most offensive of his three characters) also qualifies him as Worst Supporting Actor...and the tantalizing possiblility of a first-ever three-RAZZIES-in-one-year "winning" streak for a single performer... 

-------------

Posted By: SchumacherH8ter
Date Posted: September 06 2007 at 11:20am
This made "Epic Movie" look good!

-------------
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence

Date Posted: September 08 2007 at 7:31am

I bet they'll parody "Norbit" in "Epic Movie 2". Who do you think they'll get to play Rasputia?

Tracy Morgan? Cedric the Entertainer? Martin Lawrence? Marlon or Shawn Wayans? RuPaul? Beyonce? 50 Cent? Cuba Gooding Jr.?

This one is a question for the ages... 

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

-------------

Posted By: moviewizguy
Date Posted: September 23 2007 at 2:13am

What made Big Momma's House a good movie (trust me, I really liked it) is that it wasn't trying to be offensive, sick, and mean spirited. Big Momma's House was actually a "serious comedy," because it wasn't always fun and laughs. I thought it was really good with the comedy and the family issues, which almost made me cry (I know, I'm a sucker for sappy comedies).

But Norbit was just plain un-funny. There was nothing in it...just a waste of my time and Murphy's talent.

-------------

Date Posted: September 24 2007 at 8:44am
Originally posted by moviewizguy

What made Big Momma's House a good movie (trust me, I really liked it) is that it wasn't trying to be offensive, sick, and mean spirited. Big Momma's House was actually a "serious comedy," because it wasn't always fun and laughs. I thought it was really good with the comedy and the family issues, which almost made me cry (I know, I'm a sucker for sappy comedies). But Norbit was just plain unfunny. There was nothing in it...just a waste of tme and talent.
                                                                          movietwitguy's actually making sense!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

-------------

Date Posted: October 10 2007 at 5:13pm

Bad news:  Eddie plans to re-team with this director on 2 more future projects (despite the fact the guy is clearly incompetent to the T).  With a Fantasy Island remake on his slate as well, it's probably safe to say that his recent divorce blew all of Eddie's fuses.  Until he can get them repaired, he should just stick to voicing that Donkey -- the one thing he can still do right! 

-------------

Posted By: cvcjr13
Date Posted: October 11 2007 at 5:45pm

Do you think it's because he dumped Scary Spice, or because Scary is having his baby?

DADDY!!!!!

Originally posted by wetbandit82

Bad news:  Eddie plans to re-team with this director on 2 more future projects (despite the fact the guy is clearly incompetent to the T).  With a Fantasy Island remake on his slate as well, it's probably safe to say that his recent divorce blew all of Eddie's fuses.  Until he can get them repaired, he should just stick to voicing that Donkey -- the one thing he can still do right! 

Date Posted: October 19 2007 at 3:50am

Eddie and the director of "Norbit" are also re-teaming to do the Razzie-worthy looking dud "Starship Dave".

WTF? Shouldn't He Have Learned By Now?!?! He lost the freakin' Oscar because he made a terrible movie! What an idiot.

Response from Head RAZZberry: And after the multiply-RAZZIE-nominated box office disaster that was http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Pluto+Nash&btnG=Search+Razzies.com&domains=razzies.com&sitesearch=razzies.com - PLUTO NASH , you'd think NOBODY would ever want to send Eddie Murphy up into space again...on-screen, we mean. After PLUTO and NORBIT, many people might wish Murphy could be jettisoned from our planet for real... 

-------------

Date Posted: December 01 2007 at 8:12am
Originally posted by cvcjr13

Do you think it's because he dumped Scary Spice, or because Scary is having his baby?

DADDY!!!!!

Reportedly, Eddie has never meet the baby he had with Scary Spice.

-------------

Posted By: Movie Man
Date Posted: January 07 2008 at 1:08pm
"Norbit" is one of the semi-finalts in the Best Makeup category for this year's Oscars ( http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=40759 - LINK ).

-------------

Posted By: Nadir007
Date Posted: January 22 2008 at 5:34am

I wouldn't be surprised in the least.  Clearly the ratings board is so out of whack that they probably wouldn't have much resistance to a desperate executive who offers them several million and new luxury cars for services rendered.  

Response from Head RAZZberry: You're not suggesting the MPAA Ratings Board is susceptable to being swayed, are you? Ever since they gave the original EXORCIST an "R" nearly 35 years ago (at the time, many movie-goers thought it deserved an "X"!) they've had a rep for being "flexible" regarding what ratings they give major studio product... 

(Off topic note) heheh. They gave The Shining the rating Kubrick wanted (eg not R) because he said the scene with the elevator door opening, pouring blood everywhere, wasn't blood but rusty water. Convincing. I'll buy that. That was the scene the ratings people at the time had most problem with, not the emerging theme of the leading male character using a large axe to kill his own family, strangely enough.

Ironicly, and probably the most funny thing about Norbit, the official tag line is
"Have you ever made a really big mistake?". Obviously, yes.

The rating on IMDB, a generous 3.6/10, is heading towards (given their weighting system that marginalises very low or very high votes) the bottom 100 and may out under-score Murphy's own record-beating Adventures of Pluto Nash (most money ever lost in a film) in the awfulness stakes. The statistics on IMDB show males under 18 to be the ones giving Norbit the highest scores. Who would have thought?

-------------
"So this is like a cross between a movie and a piece of lint?" Mystery Science Theatre 3000

Posted By: Nadir007
Date Posted: January 22 2008 at 5:52am
Originally posted by Criss808

Eddie and the director of "Norbit" are also re-teaming to do the Razzie-worthy looking dud "Starship Dave".

WTF? Shouldn't He Have Learned By Now?!?! He lost the freakin' Oscar because he made a terrible movie! What an idiot.

Response from Head RAZZberry: And after the multiply-RAZZIE-nominated box office disaster that was http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Pluto+Nash&btnG=Search+Razzies.com&domains=razzies.com&sitesearch=razzies.com - , you'd think NOBODY would ever want to send Eddie Murphy up into space again...on-screen, we mean. After PLUTO and NORBIT, many people might wish Murphy could be jettisoned from our planet for real... 

I knew someone would have to mention Nash. Pam Grier must have looked back on Women In Cages and thought how much better those days were.

Fantasy Island? Does he get to play both Montalban AND the midget? And all of the guests... and the plain and, and, and... the island itself...????

-------------
"So this is like a cross between a movie and a piece of lint?" Mystery Science Theatre 3000

Posted By: Berrynoia
Date Posted: January 22 2008 at 6:24am

I remember that Eddie Murphy has been known for dropping bombs left and right and somehow still dodging a Razzie "win" each year.

This year, however, I am certain will be an exception.

...Starship Dave?  WTF kind of title is that?!  Maybe that should be put in the Upcoming Movies section of the forum.  And looking at the description, I wish Jessica Simpson was put in the movie (making it go direct-to-DVD).

-------------

Posted By: whennow
Date Posted: January 22 2008 at 7:30am

Norbit's now an Oscar nominee for makeup and I think it is for the pool scene:

Pool Guard: "Are you even wearing bottoms?"

Rasputia: "Of course I'm wearing bottoms" (Murphy pulls up fat to reveal bikini bottom)  

-------------

Date Posted: January 22 2008 at 2:01pm

This Oscar nomination must be embarrassing for the Academy.  Out of all the movies to use make-up last year, did they have to hold this one up as an excellent example?  The make-up people might as well have nominated White Chicks three years back.

Posted By: Mrs. Magnatech
Date Posted: January 22 2008 at 5:05pm
Now we can refer to this piece of crap as "The Academy Award nominated film, Norbit"

Posted By: whennow
Date Posted: January 23 2008 at 3:57am
No White Chicks makeup was definitely definitely bad and got horrible reviews while that's not the same with Norbit with its makeup getting great reviews.

Posted By: Jack Spencer Jr
Date Posted: January 23 2008 at 11:41am
Having recently watched this film, I can sum it up in a single sentence: "Gee, Eddie Murphy is sure bitter about his divorce, huh?" This is the sole driving conflict of the entire movie. Norbit had married the wrong woman and he need to grow some stones and get out of it, somehow.

Personally, I would have given Murphy a nod for worst actress, not supporting actress. Rasputia is arguably a larger (hee) character than little miss what's-her-name who plays the "nice" girl and has more screen time to boot.

I believe Roeper mentioned that the filmmakers did not like Rasputia and wanted to make sure we didn't either. This was nakedly obvious in the scene where she attempts to run over the neighbor's dog. It is so unnecessary and so mean, we do hate. Not Rasputia, but the morons who made this movie. There was simply no reason for it. We already disliked Rasputia pretty much because Eddie Murphy plays her as someone with absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever. This scene just hits us over the head with the whole thing. Frankly, it wouldn't have phased me if neighborhood children were disappearing and Norbit questions Rasputia about some strange meat in their fridge.

In fact, that might have been a step toward good for this movie. Well, not good, but at least it would have moved away from the hackneyed cliche the plot followed so closely, pausing only momentarily to tell fat jokes.

One little clever bit I rather liked was when the injured dog tells a befuddled Norbit to kill Rasputia. I suddenly started thinking about a movie that starts her and then the bulk of the picture would be Norbit making various attempts on Rasputia's life, but she refuses to die, like Wile E. Coyote. I would have liked that movie. At least it was better than the movie we got. It can't be a good thing if a movie gives you ideas for a different yet better movie.

Incidentally, even the talking dog bit couldn't be left well enough alone and the dog had to talk about crude things, like lifting his leg and such.

In the end, the story was a big mass of cliche, dressed up with crude humor that David Chappelle would have called tasteless and refused to do. Maybe if the Murphys had actually put some time into a storyline, this movie would have worked, despite the fat and racial jokes. Maybe if they had given Rasputia a reason to even want Norbit around, as there seems to be no reason. (Sure she preys on his weakness, but since she's an inhuman monster, everyone is weak compared to her. She could be victimizing someone better-looking.) Maybe if we didn't get the obvious love story and went somewhere not so obvious. (Hope I didn't spoil the movie for you, but if I did, how does a five-year-old reach the keyboard?) Maybe if Murphy had gone deeper with the script as an allegory for his failed marriage. Maybe not, but a more personal story would have been refreshing compared to this claptrap.

Date Posted: January 23 2008 at 2:21pm

Originally posted by whennow

No White Chicks makeup was definitely definitely bad and got horrible reviews while that's not the same with Norbit with its makeup getting great reviews.

I haven't seen the whole movie, but I've seen enough clips to be satisfied that the Mr. Wong and Rasputia makeup was still hideous.  I'll concede it was better than the makeup in White Chicks, but I feel it was only a few steps better.

Date Posted: January 24 2008 at 12:00pm
No, trust me. Norbit's make up was very good. It almost seemed flawless (well, except for Mr. Wong). White Chicks was bad. However, I loved that movie because it was hilarious.

Date Posted: January 24 2008 at 2:35pm

No, trust me. Norbit's make up was very good. It almost seemed flawless (well, except for Mr. Wong). White Chicks was bad. However, I loved that movie because it was hilarious.

Ugh.  Watching White Chicks felt like pulling teeth with no novocaine.

Posted By: moat
Date Posted: January 24 2008 at 9:59pm
As bad a film as NORBIT is, they really did nail Rasputia's make-up.

It isn't as if this is the kind of film the Oscars recognize to make themselves look distinguished.

Date Posted: January 25 2008 at 8:56am

Well, the thing I hate about Oscars is trying to nominate the main 5 films in almost every catagory. However, I'm very pleased by the way they kicked out The Simpsons Movie and Bee Movie to put in Persepolis and Surf's Up. I've seen Surf's Up and it's one of the best movies in 2007, although Rataouille beats it...I hope there are like 652402133 films that get nominated for different catagories each time.

Enchanted got nominated for 3 songs?! Trust me, I know my music, and the Enchanted song were MEDIOCRE! They were not that good! I'm fairly surprised James Newton Howard didn't get nominated for the Main Credits score for Signs! I thought that was brilliant but they must nominate other films that were currently nominated for best picture. I'm 95% sure, if the 5 films are nominated for best picture, the other films that got released last year would have more of a chance to get nominated from the other catagory....

Ok, I'll finish my rant about the stupid Oscars...

Date Posted: January 25 2008 at 11:28am
Originally posted by cvcjr13

Ugh.  Watching White Chicks felt like pulling teeth with no novocaine.

Actually, "White Chicks" felt like that scene in "Cast Away" were Tom Hanks gets rid of a tooth with an ice skate and a coconut.

-------------

Date Posted: January 25 2008 at 2:49pm

Actually, "White Chicks" felt like that scene in "Cast Away" were Tom Hanks gets rid of a tooth with an ice skate and a coconut.

Date Posted: February 23 2008 at 1:52pm
3 wins by Eddie Murphy. That adds up to 4 wins, counting the one he won for HARLEM NIGHTS.

Posted By: WaterBoySucks
Date Posted: February 26 2008 at 5:53am

Is it official yet....Norbit IS the most un-funniest effort Murphy has made to date. "Please God, make him stop"

I watched this show and I kept praying that someone would put me out of my misery (I can't tell why I didn't change the channel, kept hoping that it would get better)

-------------

Posted By: movieman
Date Posted: July 11 2008 at 1:51pm

Hell no it didn't; at least I smirked a few times watching it and I actually
liked the Thandie Newton character; Epic Movie had no ambitions or laughs,
I wouldn't be able to feel a chainsaw going up my ass watching Epic Movie,
cuz the movie was incomparably worse.

Posted By: Vits
Date Posted: June 21 2010 at 10:47am
The problem is that people inmediately think that every movie with Eddie disguised as several characters is the same. It's not. You can't put all your eggs in one basket, but Eddie is. (I've always wanted to use that expression!)...  

This is crap compared to both THE NUTTY PROFESSOR movies.Why?The script.  

The only times I laughed was with RASPUTIA's repeated catchphrase HOW YOU DOIN'? The unfunniest moment was NORBIT locked in the basement trying to scream.  

Cliches are expected in movies, but there's good and bad cliche's. A bad cliche is KATE forgiving NORBIT like nothing happened. 

Because of all the deal about NORBIT being a warrior inside, I was waiting for him to finally stand up to her. He didn't. The entire town got rid of her for him. 

I already knew 2007 was one of the worst years for movies.But I didn't know it was http://www.razzies.com/forum/i-now-pronounce-you-chuck-larry_forum208.html - .

2 stars/30%/3.5 out of 7.  

-------------
You can follow me http://www.twitter.com/@Vits_Chile - @Vits_Chile

Posted By: BurnHollywoodBurn
Date Posted: June 21 2010 at 11:37am
"People inmediately think that every movie with Eddie disguised as several characters is the same." 
Um, yes -- because they are.  

"I didn't know 2007 was http://www.razzies.com/forum/i-now-pronounce-you-chuck-larry_forum208.html - .
[/QUOTE]
Would you rather they make fun of Hispanic people? It still amazes me that it's the year 2010, we have a half-black man as President, a Hispanice woman on the Supreme Court, and yet we are still asked to reduce ourselves to accepting low-brow, racist humor... 

-------------
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.

Date Posted: June 21 2010 at 12:18pm
No,dude. It's hard to make comedy without making fun of someone. Just don't make it racist. MR. WONG could've been a weird funny character if Eddie hadn't done that thing where he changes his Ls for Rs. Arso,Obama became President 2 years after this movie.

Honestly, Eddie Griffin and Katt Williams (the pimps)saved the movie, even if there was no point to having them...plot-wise. 

Another problem I had with the movie is that I expected that RASPUTIA would end up explaining why she was the way she was. But no, so we all wanted her to pay for what she did,just like her brothers and Cuba Gooding Jr.(he shouldn't have been nominated as Worst Actor because he was supporting). But they all got away with it!  

The reason I wrote 3,5 out of 7 is that it's the rating system of tests in my country.1 to 7.Like F to A.

-------------

Date Posted: June 21 2010 at 1:32pm
True -- You can make fun of the media, you can make fun of politics, you can make fun of religion, but do we really have to lower ourselves to sterotypes? No, really...  

Originally posted by Vits

No,dude. It's hard to make comedy without making fun of someone. Just don't make it racist.

-------------
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.

Date Posted: June 21 2010 at 3:37pm
Well,if you put like that...The truth is thanks to your 1st Amendment we can make fun of anyone we want,but we shouldn't have to.Making fun of someone's religion or political views isn't the same because they choose it,unlike race.

After looking at the IMDB forums I noticed a lot of comments on how the movie is racist towards black people?How?!

-------------

Date Posted: June 21 2010 at 4:23pm
Exactly, that's why it's less insulting, and quite frankly, makes a much easier target.  

Originally posted by Vits

Making fun of someone's religion or political views isn't the same because they choose it,unlike race.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window