Print Page | Close Window

Halle’s Got the Hotz...4 Brucie?!?!?!

Printed From: Official RAZZIE® Forum
Category: 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX!
Forum Name: PERFECT STRANGER
Forum Discription: Halle Berry Fakes an Affair w/Bruce Willis to Get a Story...Now THAT's Journalistic Ethix Forya!
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1882
Printed Date: August 01 2014 at 5:22pm

Topic: Halle’s Got the Hotz...4 Brucie?!?!?!
Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Subject: Halle’s Got the Hotz...4 Brucie?!?!?!
Date Posted: May 10 2007 at 5:09am

http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=355&PN=1 - HALLE FINDS HERSELF BACK in RAZZ-BERRY TERRITORY in THIS TALE of a REPORTER SEEKING REVENGE for a FRIEND'S MURDER -- BY FAKING a LOVE AFFAIR WITH the MAN SHE THINKS IS GUILTY. ADDING to the FILM'S CREDIBILITY PROBLEMS: THE SUSPECT IS RAZZIE PERRENIAL http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Bruce+Willis&btnG=Search+Razzies.com&domains=razzies.com&sitesearch=razzies.com - BRUCE WILLIS ...

THAT MUSTA BEEN SOME FRIEND!

Halle: "And I thought the stuff I did in CATWOMAN deserved stunt pay!" 

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Replies:
Posted By: ArtGirl138
Date Posted: May 11 2007 at 4:17pm

Hey, Halle? The Academy called. They want their Oscar back.

But, in all seriousness, the only positive things I've heard about this movie have been from quote whores. By far, the most entertaining review I've read for it was the sarcasm-laced one I found in my Entertainment Weekly. (Hmm...maybe if they released THAT instead of the film...)

-------------
Self-Proclaimed Cartoon Geek

Posted By: sportsartist24
Date Posted: May 12 2007 at 8:43am

Halle is back in RAZZIE territory. Same for Bruce Willis. And both Bruce and Halle have already "won" RAZZIES. Bruce "won" Worst Actor in '98 for 3 films, while Halle "won" Worst Actress of 2004 for CATWOMAN, (which was a really bad movie!). I still enjoy watching those clips of Halle accepting her RAZZIE. To me, it shows that a loser can step up and accept an award for a bad performance in person (same goes for Tom Green for FREEDY GOT FINGERED and Paul Verhoeven for SHOWGIRLS).

Response from Head RAZZberry: And if you, too, would like to enjoy the Video Clips of Halle being Berry Funny at The 25th Annual RAZZIES, here's the http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=355&PN=1 - LINK to do so...

-------------
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.

Posted By: bruin_522
Date Posted: May 15 2007 at 4:30pm

It's good to know that you're alright, Head RAZZ. Besides this film, I did see that you added DELTA FARCE, ARE WE DONE YET?, and KICKIN' IT OLD SCHOOL. But there's still a couple more to add though, but I think I'll be patient with you.

Now, talking about this film. I think Halle cant' seem to get anything going since she won that Oscar. Well, she's been in only 2 good movies, though both of them were weak: Robots, a CGI-animated film with Ewan McGregor and Robin Williams, and X-Men: The Last Stand, though weak, it was good. One of the few problems about X-Men: The Last Stand was that the director gave Halle more screen time, and there have been some critics that didn't like that.

Date Posted: May 17 2007 at 4:13pm
SPOILER: At the end of the film when Rowena stabs Miles with the kitchen knife, she uses an underarm thrust, and Miles whinces as though hit in the stomach. However, the knife is shown clearly high in the chest at an angle from an overarm thrust.

Posted By: cvcjr13
Date Posted: May 18 2007 at 8:19pm

Contains major spoilers.

This could have been a great movie.  It would have been a great movie if it had a better script.  It should have been a great movie.  Coulda would shoulda, but it wasn't.  At times it was great, at times it was over the top, at times it was tedious, and at no time was it never engaging. 

And then the ending wreaked.

Much fine acting was devoted to this movie.  I admired how much effort and acting Halle Berry and Bruce Willis put into making the boring online chat dialog sound convincing.  If tone of voice was all that was needed, the chat would have worked, but unfortunately, the actual words are important, too, and screenwriter Todd Komarnicki just couldn't come up with good online sex chats.  Besides, it's hard to WATCH an online chat, so if it's not a really hot, funny, sinister, engaging online chat, it shouldn't be up on the screen.

The film also had a good polish.  I credit that to director James Foley.  But polishing a turd gives you a polish turd.  And acting well in a polished turd gives you a well-acted polished turd.  So I wouldn't be surprised if I saw Foley, Berry and Willis on the nominating ballot.  I may vote for Komarnicki and Foley, but I'll give Berry and Willis a pass.  Yes, they should have insisted the script be improved, but I'm amazed at the lines and the plotlines they almost convince you are genuine. 

Aside from the script, my two biggest complaints are that the storyline isn't engaging, and the script springs the ending on you with nothing in hindsight to point you in that direction.  Berry plays an attractive but unethical Rowena, Giovanni plays a faithful but pathetically obsessed Miles, and Willis plays ad agency head Harrison Hill who doesn't know what the hell he is doing.  Characters I don't care about in a story about an unethical, tenacious reporter who bombs out one story and then bumps into a friend who has dirt on an ad agency head.  The friend winds up dead.  So the reporter and her hacker friend investiage the ad agency head.  It could have been a great story, but the execution left no heat.  But it left plenty of red herrings, none of which point towards the real murderer.  Spoiler.  That's left for when Miles fingers Rowena in a long, drawn out explanation that leaves him obviously open to being murdered and framed, and then her neighbor witnesses the murder, and we're left wondering if he turns her in or not.  Do you like that ending?  I don't.  And abruptly ending the movie this way does not twist a plot as much as it disconnects the movie.  MAYBE if the ending was ironic or poetic it COULD work, but this ending plopped onto the screen like an elephant's business from its hind end.

So, to sum up, good performances, good polish, lousy script, unappealing characters, uninvolving storyline and a lousy abrupt ending.  Razzie noms to Foley (worst director), Karmarnicki (worst screenplay), Willis (worst actor) and Berry (worst actress), although like I said, I'd give Willis and Berry a pass at the end.  They SHOULD have demanded better, but they made the best out of what they had.

I gave this a 3 out of 10 on IMDb.

Date Posted: June 27 2007 at 1:50pm
TRIVIA: The first motion picture to be filmed at "ground zero", the site of the former New York World Trade Center since the terrorist attacks of 11 September 2001.

Posted By: Criss808
Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 4:29am

Poor Halle...I really want her to get back into roles that showcase her acting ablities, instead of ones that make her look like a joke. Bruce's movies have been good lately, but this one is definitely one of his worst. I think "Perfect Strangers" should be considered in the following categories... 

WORST PICTURE

WORST DIRECTOR (JAMES FOLEY)

WORST ACTRESS (HALLE BERRY) - a possible frontrunner  

WORST ACTOR (Bruce Willis)

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR (Giovanni Ribisi)

WORST ON-SCREEN COUPLE (BERRY & either WILLIS or RIBISI)

WORST SCREENPLAY

-------------

Posted By: dipitlow555
Date Posted: July 30 2007 at 2:37pm
WOW! What a sucky comeback for Halle Berry!!! She "disappeared" after winning her Razzie, and has finally come back...once again as a possible Worst Actress nominee. HA!

-------------

Date Posted: July 30 2007 at 6:04pm

She has another movie coming out this year, called "Things We Lost In the Fire," co-starring Benicio Del Toro. It looks very promising. Promising enough to get Berry's career back on track?? 

-------------

Date Posted: July 31 2007 at 5:04pm

Actually, Halle has done like TWO other films since her RAZZIE Winning performance in CATWOMAN: She was in "Robots" (in which she did the voice of Cappy) and she returned to her role as Storm in "X-Men: The Last Stand" (though many critics have complained about her getting more screen time in that film).

Originally posted by dipitlow555

WOW! What a sucky comeback for Halle Berry!!! She "disappeared" after winning her Razzie, and has finally come back...once again as a possible Worst Actress nominee. HA!

-------------

Posted By: dipitlow555
Date Posted: August 01 2007 at 4:39am
I know. I was kinda talking about starring roles.

Date Posted: August 02 2007 at 3:48pm
I really want Halle to win another Oscar. She's just incredible. I just finished watching "Monster's Ball" and I can see why she won. And of Course She's Really Hot Too.

Posted By: SchumacherH8ter
Date Posted: September 06 2007 at 11:45am
Fortunatelly, Bruno redeemed himself with "Live Free Or Die Hard"

-------------
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale

Date Posted: September 08 2007 at 7:47am
There's a point in "Perfect Stranger" when Halle Berry says "The key to a perfect murder is the right ingredients at the right time." Well all I have to say is this..."The key to the perfect Razzie contender is two Razzie winners in the leads, one awful script and premise, over-the-top performances, a ridiculous ending, horrible box office, and sex. boobs. and perverts."

Posted By: SchumacherH8ter
Date Posted: September 09 2007 at 9:10am
Originally posted by Criss808

There's a point in "Perfect Stranger" when Halle Berry says "The key to a perfect murder is the right ingredients at the right time." Well all I have to say is this..."The key to the perfect Razzie contender is two Razzie winners in the leads, one awful script and premise, over-the-top performances, a ridiculous ending, horrible box office, and sex. boobs. and perverts."
                           Actually, there weren't any boobs if you don't count dumb actors.

-------------
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale

Posted By: cvcjr13
Date Posted: September 09 2007 at 4:30pm

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Actually, there weren't any boobs if you don't count dumb actors.

I thought we saw Grace's boobs when Rowena gets the video of her and Cameron together?  I may be wrong.  Not that it compensated for the ending.

Man, now I'm remembering how bad this movie was.  If they decided on the ending first and then lined up the movie with red herrings, this movie could have been great.  But they waited until they shot the movie before they decided how it was going to end.  And then they botch the placement of the knife.  ARGH!

Date Posted: October 19 2007 at 3:59am

With the release of "Things We Lost In The Fire", I think some voters may forgive Halle for making the terrible piece of junk that was "Perfect Stranger".

I remember in 2005 when Sandra Bullock starred in the very desperate and unfunny, "MC2: Armed & Fabolous", and she was a frontrunner in the Worst Actress category. But once "Crash" came out, people forgot about her terrible performance in "MC2" and started to focus on her excellent performance in "Crash".

Could that happen this year with Halle?

Response from Head RAZZberry: Anything is possible in the RAZZIES. It's also interesting to note that one of my on-going activities as Head RAZZberry is keeping track of "potential" contenders as the year progresses. This year, we have an exceptionally long list of possible nominees for Worst Actress and (for the first time ever) the list for Worst Actor is actually SHORTER...  

-------------

Posted By: Mrs. Magnatech
Date Posted: December 09 2007 at 8:21pm

One of the worst movies of the year. It was basically just an orgy of product placement. There was one part of the movie that was just a long commercial for Victoria's Secret. This one has Worst Picture written all over it (and I think Halle may get a chance to once again accept a Worst Actress Razzie).

-------------

Posted By: moviewizguy
Date Posted: December 20 2007 at 3:52pm
I...actually enjoyed it. I...actually found it really engaging. I...liked the ending a whole lot. Uh, creepy...it was actually really good. Better than DEad Silence because this movie was actually entertaining with a twist ending and Dead Silence was a boring movie with a twist ending.

Posted By: Vits
Date Posted: November 09 2010 at 3:40pm
There's the occasional chill...enphasis on occasional.The twists are well crafted,but the twist ending is too complicated and happens way too fast for us to absorb and understand it.Berry and Willis act O.K.,but the movie's plot is too repeated,slow and boring.I gave it 1/10(I could've given it 0).

-------------
You can follow me http://www.twitter.com/@Vits_Chile - @Vits_Chile

Posted By: BurnHollywoodBurn
Date Posted: November 09 2010 at 8:06pm
The usual MWG thumbs up, but then Vits is the voice of reason. This was a glorified Lifetime Channel movie.

-------------
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.

Posted By: Vits
Date Posted: November 10 2010 at 7:37am
I know I'm foreign and all,but doesn't Lifetime show feel-good dramas?

-------------
You can follow me http://www.twitter.com/@Vits_Chile - @Vits_Chile

Posted By: BurnHollywoodBurn
Date Posted: November 10 2010 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Vits

I know I'm foreign and all,but doesn't Lifetime show feel-good dramas?
Mostly, they are mysteries with a strong female lead, ie. this movie. Or romance movies.

-------------
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.

Print Page | Close Window