Print Page | Close Window

Remove this from the nominations-list

Printed From: Official RAZZIEŽ Forum
Category: 2005 Film Discussions
Forum Name: THE ISLAND
Forum Discription: At last...Michael Bay Gets His Own Box Office ARMAGEDDON!!!
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=219
Printed Date: September 02 2014 at 10:09am

Topic: Remove this from the nominations-list
Posted By: Kenny
Subject: Remove this from the nominations-list
Date Posted: October 12 2005 at 11:04pm

This being a candidate to the Razzies? You're joking right? Anyone with one brain, two eyes and two ears can teel The Island is nowhere near being Razzie-material. This being on here is just for the dumb reason that you can't forgive Bay for Armageddon or Pearl Harbor. It has been so many bad movies this year, from Alone in the Dark to Sound of Thunder to The Perfect Man and Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo, and you choose to have The Island with these movies? Seriously, what are you smoking? It maybe wasn't the most original movie out there but it was not anywhere near being Razzie-material; the first hour was intriguing and creepy, and the second had some great action scenes.

It's all up to you now. If you want to make it official that you know absolutely nothing about movies (which was discussed heavily last year when you nominated a 10 second interview clip of Britney Spears in Fahrenheit 9/11) I guess you can nominate The Island, which was a good film; you have to have some brains to understand it though, but if you can proove that you are clever and serious you let it be and nominate the truly bad movies of the year.

C'mon, even an idiot could tell that The Island is nowhere near being Razzie-material. Get a grip for heaven sake.

Replies:
Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: October 16 2005 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Kenny

This being a candidate to the Razzies? You're joking right? Anyone with one brain, two eyes and two ears can teel The Island is nowhere near being Razzie-material. This being on here is just for the dumb reason that you can't forgive Bay for Armageddon or Pearl Harbor. It has been so many bad movies this year, from Alone in the Dark to Sound of Thunder to The Perfect Man and Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo, and you choose to have The Island with these movies? Seriously, what are you smoking? It maybe wasn't the most original movie out there but it was not anywhere near being Razzie-material; the first hour was intriguing and creepy, and the second had some great action scenes.

It's all up to you now. If you want to make it official that you know absolutely nothing about movies (which was discussed heavily last year when you nominated a 10 second interview clip of Britney Spears in Fahrenheit 9/11) I guess you can nominate The Island, which was a good film; you have to have some brains to understand it though, but if you can proove that you are clever and serious you let it be and nominate the truly bad movies of the year.

C'mon, even an idiot could tell that The Island is nowhere near being Razzie-material. Get a grip for heaven sake.

yeah he is right some critics liked the film most reviews for the movie were mixed

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: January 30 2006 at 7:53am
I just wanted to agree with Kenny, that this movie was far from Razzie material.  It may not have been a critical or technical amazement,  but it was entertaining, which is  important.  And what is up with people trashing Armageddon?   If the movie was so bad, why do they play it on tv like every day?  It makes no sense to me.  Obviously someone is watching it, because the networks wouldn't play it that much if it sucked.

Just my 2 cents,

Lexialise

Posted By: swamprat_21
Date Posted: November 01 2010 at 2:48am
I need films for escapism and mindless prattle.  As a earth scientist I deal daily with cold hard facts and there are times when I need brainlessness.  The Island is a film which serves this purpose, I innocence of the 'stock' and the evil and capirtalist greed of the firm.

Posted By: saturnwatcher
Date Posted: November 01 2010 at 2:34pm

Since this movie was released most of 5 years ago, it won't receive any nominations this year, and you will probably be pleased to hear that as I recall, it didn't make the final nominating ballot in the year of it's release.  And Welcome to the board.

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Posted By: BurnHollywoodBurn
Date Posted: November 01 2010 at 3:09pm
Yeah, this movie is from way back when, and it didn't get any nods for anything. Although, it was utter s***, one of the dumbest action movies ever made, even by Michael Bay standards, and it bombed at the box office. So it was VERY Razzie worthy.

-------------
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.

Print Page | Close Window