Print Page | Close Window

Hilary Duff as an ARAB Chanteuse?!?!?!

Printed From: Official RAZZIE® Forum
Category: FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX!
Forum Name: WAR, INC.
Forum Discription: Political Satire...or Problematic MISFIRE???
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2719
Printed Date: August 01 2014 at 9:00am

Topic: Hilary Duff as an ARAB Chanteuse?!?!?!
Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Subject: Hilary Duff as an ARAB Chanteuse?!?!?!
Date Posted: May 20 2008 at 10:15am

IT STARS, WAS CO-PRODUCED and CO-WRITTEN by SOMEONE WHO USED to BE RELIABLE for ALWAZE MAKING MOVIES THAT WERE AT LEAST INTERESTING CHOICES. SO WHY IS the LATEST http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000131/ - JOHN CUSACK   MOVIE GETTING EVEN WORSE REVIEWS THAN http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2713&PN=1 - UWE BOLL's POSTAL (WHICH OPENS the SAME WEEKEND)? 

MAYBE BECAUSE IT CO-STARS NO LESS THAN http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0884224/ - FOUR FORMER RAZZIE  MAYBE  BECAUSE IT CASTS FOUR-TIME PREVIOUS http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0240381/awards - RAZZIE® FORUM MEMBERS, THIS IS WAR...INC. ---

FIRE AWAY!!!! 

DUFF: "Which do you think would be more painful? Dropping this scorpion down my pants...reading my reviews at RT...or waking up to find out I'm a RAZZIE® nominee again next January???" 

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Replies:
Posted By: thomsonmg2000
Date Posted: May 20 2008 at 11:20am
The IMDB rating doesn't look too bad, though. And the plot looks interesting (though Duff as an Arab superstar seems very stupid)

Posted By: #1-Film Freak!!
Date Posted: May 23 2008 at 2:47am

The listing for this on the front page of the Razzie website suggests it's getting worse reviews than Uwe Boll's Postal. Fearing that the universe had spun out of alignment and the apocalypse was approaching, I went over to RT to confirm the facts. While War, Inc was rated lower than Postal earlier this week, the universe is now back in alignment: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/war_inc/ - War Inc still has a Razzie-worthy rating of 22% positive, but http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/postal/ - Postal is now lower, with a 17% favorable number...

Guess I can stop stocking up on canned goods, duct tape and batteries!

-------------
Nobody LUVS movies more than ME!

Posted By: dipitlow555
Date Posted: May 23 2008 at 1:47pm
OH COME ON!!!!
really?!?!?!
whatever! i'm still seeing it!

Posted By: movieman
Date Posted: May 24 2008 at 4:06am
geez, hilary duff used to be a kid icon, now she's being a slut; which only
puts her on the train to being Lindsay Lohan.

Date Posted: May 24 2008 at 8:54am
I still haven't seen the movie but (even thought he gave it a bad review) at least Richard Roeper said Hilary Duff is actually good in this!

Posted By: cvcjr13
Date Posted: May 25 2008 at 9:12am
I'm dumbstruck about this movie.  I agree with HeadRAZZBerry--even when John Cusack is in what (for him) would be a lousy movie, it's at least been an interesting lousy movie.  It's incredible to me that the Razzies are even talking about him...but here he is!  

-------------

Posted By: Michaels
Date Posted: June 12 2008 at 2:41pm
Nice bellybutton on Miss Duff. Wait a second, if she's an Arab pop singer, shouldn't she be covered from head to toe?

Date Posted: June 16 2008 at 5:52am
ok...think of it as a oversexed Arab pop star.

Date Posted: June 16 2008 at 12:32pm
Oh, and the DVD release date has been changed to October 14...  

-------------

Posted By: Movie Man
Date Posted: June 18 2008 at 4:46pm
I actually saw this today and found it was really funny. Hilary Duff played again type, and actually delivered a great performance. Everybody else did a great job. *** 1/2 stars for this movie!

BTW, the movie's a satire of the Middle East, so a little over-the-top casting is,, I feel, necessary for this kind of genre.

Posted By: Movie Man
Date Posted: June 18 2008 at 4:49pm
War Inc. has raised its tomatometer, while "Postal" has shrined.

War Inc. = 31% fresh
Postal = 9% fresh

Date Posted: June 28 2008 at 7:56am

I just saw this now and I have to disagree. This movie was actually very good and very funny. I really think this should be taken off the forum because it isn't bad. And Hilary Duff is also very good. It was a little awkward to watch the things they had her doing because of who she is and what her reputation is but this is her best performance to date and neither she, nor this movie, deserve consideration for a Razzie this year.

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: It is our policy on The Official RAZZIE® Forum to never "remove" any discussion or thread. Individual postings (like the jerk who keeps trying to use our Forum as free advertising to sell sports shoes) we reserve the right to delete -- But complete discussion threads, no.

Your disagreement with this particular film's inclusion has been duly noted, and it does not look likely to get much consideration come year-end...

-------------

Date Posted: June 28 2008 at 10:27am
Yeah well I didn't really mean to delete it. I just meant it shouldn't have started. That's all.

Posted By: movieman
Date Posted: June 30 2008 at 3:22pm
Richard Roeper said that Hilary Duff wasn't the movie's biggest problem.

And when Hilary Duff isn't your biggest problem, you know your movie is in
the crapper.

Date Posted: July 02 2008 at 3:48am
Originally posted by movieman

Richard Roeper said that Hilary Duff wasn't the movie's biggest problem.

And when Hilary Duff isn't your biggest problem, you know your movie is in
the crapper.

He didn't say she was a problem at all. He said that she was good in the movie, which she really was.

Posted By: wolfee37
Date Posted: January 03 2009 at 7:04am

The film itself was kind of a all over the place, but it was still entertaining. And all of the performances were good (With the exception of Ben Kingsley, who was too over-the-top). This was definitley Hilary Duff's breakout role, and I am pretty excited to see where her career goes from here.

P.S. I always believed that she didn't deserve her first two Razzie nominations, and I thought you guys kind of were picking on her (just my opinion of course).

-------------

Date Posted: January 03 2009 at 7:20am
I agree!

Date Posted: January 03 2009 at 2:17pm
What happened to Ben Kingsley? It's like he'll star in anything these days. Maybe he is in trouble with a bookie and is now always in need of money and getting it as soon as possible.

Posted By: wolfee37
Date Posted: January 04 2009 at 10:46am
Not too sure. How can he go from Ghandi to The Love Guru?

Date Posted: January 04 2009 at 11:30am

Originally posted by wolfee37

Not too sure. How can he go from Ghandi to The Love Guru?

I guess it's his career going full circle: great movie about Indian culture and way of life to insultingly bad mocking of Indian culture and their way of life. He needs to stick to the former.

Print Page | Close Window