Print Page | Close Window

DISK-cushin on BEER FOR MY HORSE’s ASSES

Printed From: Official RAZZIE® Forum
Category: FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX!
Forum Name: BEER FOR MY HORSES
Forum Discription: The Cinematic Equivalent of Shit-Kicker Music...WITHOUT the "Kicker"!!
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2971
Printed Date: September 16 2014 at 6:47pm

Topic: DISK-cushin on BEER FOR MY HORSE’s ASSES
Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Subject: DISK-cushin on BEER FOR MY HORSE’s ASSES
Date Posted: August 01 2008 at 2:27pm

Co-WRITTEN by a PAIR of COUNTRY/WESTERN STARS, and LOOKIN' EVER BIT as "SOFF-FIST-ER-KATED" as THAT SOUNDS, http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=299 - BEER FOR MY HORSES COULD MANAGE the IMMENSE FEAT of MAKING LARRY-the-CABLE GUY's MOVIES (LIKE   http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2396&PN=1 - WITLESS PROTECTION ) SEEM "INTER-LECK-CHULL." 

"INSPIRED" by a http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0445313/ - TOBY KEITH SONG and DIRECTED by a VETERAN of MANY a COUNTRY MUSIC VIDEO, THIS ONE WAS SO GOOD, IT DIDN'T EVEN GET WIDE RELEASE, and HAS GONE to DVD in NEAR RECORD TIME.

IF YOU VALUE YOUR BRAIN CELLS, PLEASE JUST TAKE OUR WORD for IT, and SPARE YOURSELF 92 MINUTES of SHEER "UN-A-DOLT-YERATED" AGONY... DON'T BOTHER!!

Toby Keith: "Hey, Willie -- Weren't you also in that PUKES OF HAZZARD movie??"

Willie Nelson: "Yep -- But this one could be awful enough to make folks forgive me for PUKES..."

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Replies:
Posted By: moat
Date Posted: August 03 2008 at 8:50am

You mean it stars a country singer and a failed sitcom actor? This could be the best pairing since Dustin Hoffman and Warren Beatty.

On a literal note, I did feel a piercing chill when I saw that the screenplay is by both Keith and Carrington.

-------------

Posted By: Michaels
Date Posted: August 03 2008 at 12:27pm
The only thing worse than country music songs are movies based on country music. Much like NASCAR (Non-Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks), I have no idea why it's so popular to the South. But then again, these are the same morons who voted for Bush Jr. twice, so clearly it's a matter of low IQs.

Posted By: Movie Man
Date Posted: August 03 2008 at 4:52pm

I don't think this will get Razzie nominations, due to the fact it's only going to be showing on about 80 screens (none of which are in L.A. or New York). However, I do think Keith SHOULD be considered, since he got away scott-free for "Broken Bridges"! 

Speaking of "Broken Bridges", how the hell did it go from a 0% at Rotten Tomatoes to 5% in two years? 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: "Internet" critics (many of whom have arguably no credentials and lax standards -- and many of whom only post reviews after something hits DVD) often skew a film's RT ratings upward months (and sometimes years) after their initial release... 

-------------

Date Posted: August 07 2008 at 5:30pm
According to Box Office Mojo, the final screen count is 91.

Posted By: cvcjr13
Date Posted: August 08 2008 at 2:09am

The cowards.  It's playing in plenty of places in Oklahoma and Pennsylvania, as well as in various other places including three cities in the STATE of New York, but it's not playing in one single screen in either Los Angeles or New York City. 

Come on, dudes, grow some balls, set up a couple of sheets in an L.A. trailer park and put this stinker into Razzie contention.  Strange Wilderness needs the competition. . . .

Posted By: JoeBacon
Date Posted: August 10 2008 at 3:42pm
Poor horses probably needed some LSD after dealing with Toby the Twit

Date Posted: August 11 2008 at 11:28am
Box Office Mojo has it's final opening weekend count: the film made $209,253 from 91 screens. Expect it to surpass "Broken Bridge's entire theatrical run by the end of the week.

Expect it to show up on CMT by the end of the friggin' year -- even before its video release!   

-------------

Posted By: dEd Grimley
Date Posted: August 12 2008 at 7:40am
I can only assume by this response that you all hate freedom.

Posted By: cvcjr13
Date Posted: August 12 2008 at 4:56pm
No, we don't hate freedom.  In fact, we enjoy it.  We enjoy the freedom to have a good time trashing, laughing at and discussing bad movies.  This movie is certainly one of them.

Date Posted: August 13 2008 at 3:21am
I don't hate freedom as well. What are you saying, Ed Grimley? If we badmouth a Toby Keith movie, then that means we are all freedom-bashers??

Posted By: jb razz
Date Posted: August 21 2008 at 2:20am
I want to know what English actress Claire Forlani is doing in this with
the bad fake southern accent you can hear in the trailer. Maybe her career is
just in the pits, considering that she was also in Uwe Boll's In the Name of
the King.

I have also read that razzie nominee Gina Gershon is in this too.

Date Posted: August 29 2008 at 2:32am

Seriously, what does bashing a bad movie based on a country song have to do with freedom? What, does anything related to the South means it's all about freedom? I thought the South was all about pick-up trucks, grits, bass fishing, and NASCAR.

PS: Sucks to be Claire Forlani these days.

Date Posted: October 30 2008 at 9:16am
Looks like Toby Keith will escape Razzie nomination...again.

His movie "Beer for My Horses" is scheduled to debut on CMT this Sunday. It will be released on DVD by the end of the month.

Bummer. I really really wanted him to be nominated. The only way this'll ever happen is if he puts a movie out in November/December, have a CmT debut in April, and then a DVD release by May.

I know the rules are to disregard a movie once it hits TV before the year is up. But still, HeadRazzie, please consider him.

Posted By: MiguelAntilsu
Date Posted: November 08 2008 at 5:16pm

I liked the song and I enjoyed the music video, but the idea for a movie is just overreaching.  I don't know why they would do this. (And just for the record, this isn't the only bad film named after a song that's come out this year)

Originally posted by Michaels

The only thing worse than country music songs are movies based on country music. Much like NASCAR (Non-Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks), I have no idea why it's so popular to the South. But then again, these are the same morons who voted for Bush Jr. twice, so clearly it's a matter of low IQs.

WHAT THE HELL!?  You must be a liberal jerk if you had the nerve to say something like that!  I'm a democrat (but I'm not as far to the left as you) and I happen to like country music and NASCAR (National Association of Stock Car Auto Racing) and I did not vote for Bush twice (despite living in a red state).  Not only are these things popular to the south but their popular across the continent (NASCAR is popular around the world).  You however don't even have the guts to see these things for what they really are (or how popular they are).  That is the worst stereotype I've heard on a forum like this.

Date Posted: November 19 2008 at 3:59am

Well, I'm not going to deny it ... yes, I am a "liberal jerk". Yes, I know country music is quite popular, but I don't care for it. And yes, I know people LOVE NASCAR, but for the life of me, I don't know what is so exciting and entertaining about people driving around in a circle 300 times, and many people on YouTube will agree with me. Just because something is popular, doesn't mean it's good. You made a good example with Bush. Sadly, most of America voted for him ... twice (or so the voting machines told us), and he ruined America from the ground up. If you like NASCAR, that is your right, just as we at the Razzie forum have the right to bash movies that we believe to be way below sub-par. 

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

WHAT THE HELL!?  You must be a liberal jerk if you had the nerve to say something like that!  I'm a democrat (but I'm not as far to the left as you) and I happen to like country music and NASCAR (National Association of Stock Car Auto Racing) and I did not vote for Bush twice (despite living in a red state).  Not only are these things popular to the south but their popular across the continent (NASCAR is popular around the world).  You however don't even have the guts to see these things for what they really are (or how popular they are).  That is the worst stereotype I've heard on a forum like this.

-------------
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)

Print Page | Close Window