Print Page | Close Window

Spawn of Satan, Get Thee Hence!

Printed From: Official RAZZIEŽ Forum
Category: FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES
Forum Name: THE UNBORN
Forum Discription: Who's Yer Daddy? Could It Be...SATAN?!?!?!
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3392
Printed Date: July 29 2014 at 5:46am

Topic: Spawn of Satan, Get Thee Hence!
Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Subject: Spawn of Satan, Get Thee Hence!
Date Posted: January 07 2009 at 1:13am

O-O-O-O-O-H, SPOOKY!

THIS FIRST HORROR FLICK of 2009 GLOMS TOGETHER ELEMENTS from http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063522/ - ROSEMARY'S BABY , http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070047/ - THE EXORCIST , http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075005/ - THE OMEN and SEVERAL OTHER PREDECESSORS into a KIND of MONSTER MISH-MASH.

WRITTEN and DIRECTED by  http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0333060/ - THE SCREENWRITER of http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=259 - JUMPER and http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0359013/movieconnections - ALL 3 BLADE MOVIES (WHO ALSO HAS STORY CREDITS on http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0372784/ - BATMAN BEGINS and http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/ - DARK KNIGHT ) http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=331 - THE UNBORN COULD EITHER SCARE the sh*t OUT of AUDIENCES....OR HAVE THEM sh*tTING THEMSELVES from LAUGHING SO HARD.

WE PLAN to (MAYBE) SEE IT WHEN IT COMES OUT on DVD (WHICH COULD BE BERRY SOON).

BELOW IS YOUR CHANCE to GIVE the DEVIL HIS DUE...

Yustman: "I'm not sure an ABBA sing-along is enough to terrify Satan..."

Oldman: "Maybe if we got Pierce Brosnan to join in??"

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Replies:
Posted By: Michaels
Date Posted: January 07 2009 at 3:32am
Any time David S. Goyer writes or directs a movie, it just further proves that Christopher Nolan should take full credit for the success of the new Batman movies. Nolan is the storytelling genius and Goyer is the hack who went along for the ride.

Posted By: RoadDogXVIII
Date Posted: January 07 2009 at 9:53am
As I said before, can you believe Gary Oldman's in this film? Aside from the fact that the writer of Batman Begins/The Dark Knight is directing it, why would he do this? And Odette Yustman ain't much of an actress to begin with.

-------------
You think you know, but you have no idea.

Posted By: moviewizguy
Date Posted: January 07 2009 at 10:10am

You haven't seen Cloverfield, have you? Oh, and I'm surprised to say this is being screened to the critics... 

Originally posted by RoadDogXVIII

As I said before, can you believe Gary Oldman's in this film? Aside from the fact that the writer of Batman Begins/The Dark Knight is directing it, why would he do this? And Odette Yustman ain't much of an actress to begin with.

-------------

Posted By: MiguelAntilsu
Date Posted: January 07 2009 at 11:23am

Don't be fooled, it's not a remake.

HeadRAZZberry, could you not be so anal with your thoughts?  There might be Razzie members under 18 on this forum. 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I never said it was a "remake" -- I blatantly implied that it was a rip-off of several previous horror films -- and gave multiple examples with IMDb links for each.

As for my being "anal" and possibly offending users under 18 -- I doubt "sh*tty" is a "dirty" enough word to actually offend anyone over 8 any more, let alone 18.

But "f**k" -- now that dirty word has power to offend at any age!

-------------

Posted By: cvcjr13
Date Posted: January 07 2009 at 10:20pm

It's not a remake; it's a rip-off.

Besides, it's produced by Michael Bay. 

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

HeadRAZZberry, could you not be so anal with your thoughts?  There might be Razzie members under 18 on this forum.

-------------

Date Posted: January 08 2009 at 12:39am

Rip-off indeed. The demonic baby thing has already been done time and time again. And seeing as how the poster for this movie features a girl's butt in tight underwear, we know who its target audience is.

And I think we here at the Razzie Forum already have a good idea who is under 18...

Originally posted by cvcjr13

It's not a remake; it's a rip-off.

Besides, it's produced by Michael Bay.

-------------
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)

Date Posted: January 08 2009 at 6:37am

The description you put on the front page tells me that maybe I was right to call you guys heartless.  "...The Unborn could be a blood-splattered scream-fest...or an unintentional laugh riot.  We're hoping it's the latter."  Whoever wrote this is obviously a SOB.

Posted By: Berrynoia
Date Posted: January 08 2009 at 8:14am

Another thing that's a laugh is the international poster (shown on the 2nd Worst of the Weak page now).

People won't look at the reflection in the mirror with the evil unborn child.  They will be staring at Yustman's fine a$$!  ...Wait a minute, are they using that gluteus maximus to lure viewers to see a movie that is crap in every other aspect?

-------------

Posted By: yotypeocom
Date Posted: January 08 2009 at 8:51am

You all leave Head RAZZberry alone... he can talk the way he wants to, I hardly doubt people younger than 18 get scared with this, they like it! and they like everything thats making fun of something. You all people should be ashamed of suscribing for this wonderful entertainment and be saying is not appropriate later. C'mon!

Date Posted: January 08 2009 at 10:49am

Does a description that suggests the movie is hopeless sound funny to you?  I think it's more insulting than funny; and the reason I said something about people under 18 being on this forum is that he opened the discussion with a  joke and that's not exactly appropriate.

The RT critics are giving it a 13%, but the users are copping the negative reviews for sounding heinous and insulting (and also for not giving an inch).

Date Posted: January 08 2009 at 11:30am

This movie looked great compared to the trailer. I also think The Uninvited looks good but the horror movie I really want to see now is My Bloddy Valentine in 3D.

Date Posted: January 08 2009 at 1:46pm

The description you put on the front page tells me that maybe I was right to call you guys heartless.  "...The Unborn could be a blood-splattered scream-fest...or an unintentional laugh riot.  We're hoping it's the latter."  Whoever wrote this is obviously a SOB.

Take a step back, and chill out. What does it matter if we make fun of a bad movie? Why does that make us "heartless"? You think this movie will be a masterpiece? If was going for that, the studio would release it on Halloween. A movie opening in Janurary is a tall-tell sign it is crap, because that's the only kind of movies released in Janurary. And if I recall correctly, you're voting member now, so technically, you are one of us "heartless" guys. Although you go against Uwe Boll and Seltzerberg, which is fine by me, they are not the end-all, be-all of bad filmmaking, this moive counts, too. If you can't take tongue firmly planted in the cheek jokes about bad movies, maybe you're visiting the wrong forum.

Date Posted: January 08 2009 at 4:45pm
Well most of the films that come out between the first of the year and the Oscars don't get any nominations for next year's Oscars.  We should probably take down something between that period of time only if it looks bad enough to be called a Razzie contender (and I know one next week that qualifies).

Posted By: RoadDogXVIII
Date Posted: January 09 2009 at 4:59am

Man, I was gonna say the same thing! "The Uninvited" is being promoted as a horror movie, I think, but when I see the poster, all I can think about is an exchange of from Steve Carell and Seth Rogen in The 40-Year-Old Virgin:

Andy Stitzer: "Something's wrong with her panties..."
Cal: "Yeah, they're not in my mouth!"

Originally posted by Berrynoia

Another thing that's a laugh is the international poster (shown on the 2nd Worst of the Weak page now).

People won't look at the reflection in the mirror with the evil unborn child.  They will be staring at Yustman's fine a$$!  ...Wait a minute, are they using that gluteus maximus to lure viewers to see a movie that is crap in every other aspect?

-------------
You think you know, but you have no idea.

Date Posted: January 09 2009 at 9:58am

This may be as good as the horror film genre's gonna get in January.  Seeing that the next two horror films on the horizon are remakes of foreign films (My Bloody Valentine is a remake of a 1981 Canadian slasher film of the same name and The Uninvited is a remake of a 2003 South Korean horror film A Tale of Two Sisters), this one's probably more worth watching than the other two.

-------------

Posted By: dEd Grimley
Date Posted: January 10 2009 at 4:48am

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I never said it was a "remake" -- I blatantly implied that it was a rip-off of several previous horror films -- and gave multiple examples with IMDb links for each. P]

As for my being "anal" and possibly offending users under 18 -- I doubt "sh*tty" is a "dirty" enough word to actually offend anyone over 8 any more, let alone 18. P]

But "f**k" -- now that dirty word has power to offend at any age! P]

Ya know what's weird, I'm just thinking to myself the other day about how when I was a kid, (and I'm only 27, so I'm sure I'm not the oldest person here) that you got that little giggle every time someone snuck a "damn" into some sort of kid-based show, and that it still kinda makes me a little bit. And now it's usually mandatory.
Yea, I doubt anyone is going to be offended by a self-censored word like $#!+.
As for this movie, I just remember the unnatural groan I made when I saw the trailer for this when I went to see Rolemodels, and the weird A$S look I got from my date when I did.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: January 10 2009 at 4:54am

This movie looks pretty bad, but I'm sure there'll be much worse and before our next nominating time comes, we'll forget about it. That's all that comes to mind here: Forgettable. Sure, what's-her-name is fine, but so was Elisha Cuthbert, and look at Captivity. (I saw that in the theaters... Do NOT ask me why). 

As for Oscars, when was the last time ANY horror movie was even considered a "good" movie, or even anything close to Oscar-worthy? Rosemary's Baby? The Omen? 25-30 years?

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Although it has been a while, it's "only" 17 years since http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102926/awards - SILENCE OF THE LAMBS actually won Best Picture (and all five major Academy Awards) for 1991...

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Posted By: movieman
Date Posted: January 10 2009 at 10:51am
The Silence of the Lambs is my all time favorite horror movie, it was it was
very creepy and psychologically disturbing. What's really impressive about it
winning Best Picture is that it was released thirteen months prior to it
winning, so it clearly had a lasting impression on the Oscar board,
considering most movies that win are released during the late fall or winter.

Anyway, this movie is sitting at a 13% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes,
such a shame; this looked like it could have been one of the more decent
horror movies in recent years.

Date Posted: January 10 2009 at 11:11am
The whole movie seems so gimmick-y. The girl's stillborn twin brother is going to be born through his sister? What the hell? Seriously, don't pay money to see this, wait for PPV if you must.

Posted By: PopcornAvenger
Date Posted: January 12 2009 at 12:29am

I'm strongly reminded of the Grudge. What is it about precocious young boys wearing mascara that is suppposed to be so scary?

Oh, wait . . .

-------------

Posted By: kelemenmarc
Date Posted: January 14 2009 at 4:01am

I hate Gary Oldman. I hope he deserves a nomination for this movie next year...

-------------
FYC:
Worst Movie: The Bounty Hunter
Worst Actor: Johnny Depp (Alice in Wonderland / The Tourist)

Posted By: wolfee37
Date Posted: February 25 2009 at 4:46pm

Worst Movie I have seen in a really long time.

2010 Razzie Nominations

Worst Picure

Worst Director

Worst Actress - Odette Nice-Ass

Worst Actor - Gary Oldman

Worst Supporting Actor - Guy who played her boyfriend

Worst Supporting Actress - Jane Alexander

Worst Screenplay

Date Posted: February 28 2009 at 3:43am

Didn't notice the reply until just now - You COULD consider SotL a suspense/thriller rather than a horror movie. I don't think the idea was to scare, so much as to say "Hey, I'm Hannibal Lecta and I'ma CRAAAZEHHHHH"

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Although it has been a while, it's "only" 17 years since http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102926/awards - SILENCE OF THE LAMBS actually won Best Picture (and all five major Academy Awards) for 1991...

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Posted By: sportsartist24
Date Posted: March 15 2009 at 5:32pm

I wonder what would have happened to this movie if it was absolutely Unborn. Oh well, I guess none of us don't really want to know.

-------------
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.

Posted By: CriticalFrank
Date Posted: March 15 2009 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by sportsartist24

I wonder what would have happened to this movie if it was absolutely Unborn. Oh well, I guess none of us don't really want to know.

Absolut Unborn... I could have used some Absolut after watching this stinker... with enough booze, I might have managed to forget it.

-------------
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang

Posted By: moorlock2003
Date Posted: July 09 2009 at 9:49am

I thought the ad copy was funny.

IT WANTS TO BE BORN

NOW.

I want to rent this. I've heard it is unintentionally funny. That satanic baby thing is humorous by now.

-------------
Fred Cooper

Date Posted: July 09 2009 at 3:55pm

I count "SOTL" as more of a thriller, than a horror movie.

Date Posted: July 09 2009 at 4:35pm

This movie looks pretty bad, but I'm sure there'll be much worse and before our next nominating time comes, we'll forget about it. That's all that comes to mind here: Forgettable. Sure, what's-her-name is fine, but so was Elisha Cuthbert, and look at Captivity. (I saw that in the theaters... Do NOT ask me why). 

As for Oscars, when was the last time ANY horror movie was even considered a "good" movie, or even anything close to Oscar-worthy? Rosemary's Baby? The Omen? 25-30 years?

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Although it has been a while, it's "only" 17 years since http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102926/awards - actually won Best Picture (and all five major Academy Awards) for 1991...

The Sixth Sense

Posted By: movieman
Date Posted: July 28 2009 at 2:20pm
If I have anything nice to say about this one, it's that it's the first one in a
long line of supernatural/ghost stories that isn't a remake of an Asian
horror movie. But don't that fool you into thinking this isn't a derivative
and predictable "thriller". If you've seen movies like The Excorsist
and The Grudge, The Unborn has nothing to offer other than
nostalgia for when the genre was still fresh. There are no real scares
other than the "haha, made you jump" kind of jolts. And most of the
scenes where the protagonist is in trouble, it's usually some kind of
hallucination caused by her unborn brother. So I sit there wondering why
I should be scared when she isn't in any real danger. If you've seen
movies like The Excorsist and The Grudge, The Unborn
has nothing to offer other than nostalgia for when the genre was still
fresh. Though it's not a remake, I do believe this qualifies as a Worst
Remake or Ripoff
contender.

Date Posted: July 28 2009 at 2:42pm
It may not be a direct translation of an Asian horror movie, but it certainly appeared to be inspired by them.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: July 29 2009 at 2:35am

Originally posted by moviewizguy

The Sixth Sense
[/QUOTE]

He said WON. Although "Sixth Sense" did get major nods, it didn't win any of them.

Date Posted: July 29 2009 at 6:39am
Again, I'd hardly consider SotL or SS to be "horror." Thriller is more appropriate. I think you need to actually put Satan in your movie if you want to turn anything that could possibly be considered a thriller (The Omen, Rosemary's Baby) into a horror movie.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: July 29 2009 at 9:07am

Again, I'd hardly consider SotL or SS to be "horror." Thriller is more appropriate. I think you need to actually put Satan in your movie if you want to turn anything that could possibly be considered a thriller (The Omen, Rosemary's Baby) into a horror movie.

Yes, but by doing so, your movie is automatcially declared an "Omen/Rosemary's Baby" knockoff and any Oscar consideration goes out the window.

Date Posted: July 30 2009 at 12:48am
C;mon... These guys were never going to win any Oscars. SotL, yes, but let's face it - that was ALL because of Anthony Hopkins' Lecter, and the creepiness he brought to it.
Y'know what I'd like to test though, is trying out a thriller with Peter Stormare as a creepy Lecter type and have it be a serious movie. He was still probably one of the best Satans ever in Constantine. And if anyone ever watches Tim and Eric Awesome Show: Great Job and saw his cameo on that, he could quite possibly be the creepiest man of all time. Peter Stormare FTW.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Posted By: GTAHater767
Date Posted: January 23 2010 at 10:15pm

If this film gets nominated for anything, i expect it to be Worst Supporting Actress for Carla Gugino. Are the chances high enough that I can legitimately expect that much?

-------------
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags 8; TMNT '014. Ags 13; Let's Be Cops. Ags 15; The Giver, The Expendables 3. Ags 29; Jessabelle

Date Posted: January 24 2010 at 7:52am
Yes, Carla Gugino was on the ballot for her role in this movie. I believe the movie was listed in other catagories, too. The chances of it making the final five? I would say somewhere in the middle, not shoe-in, but bad enough for serious consideration.

Print Page | Close Window