Print Page | Close Window

Most Unwelcome Sequel of the Year?!?

Printed From: Official RAZZIE® Forum
Category: FORUMS on 30th RAZZIES Choices
Forum Name: PINK PANTHER, TOO
Forum Discription: Nominated for 2 RAZZIES® including WORST ACTOR / Steve Martin
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3452
Printed Date: November 22 2014 at 1:43pm

Topic: Most Unwelcome Sequel of the Year?!?
Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Subject: Most Unwelcome Sequel of the Year?!?
Date Posted: February 01 2009 at 2:38am

A LONG TIME AGO (MAYBE BEFORE YOU WERE EVEN BORN) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000188/ - WAS ACTUALLY a BERRY FUNNY GUY. HIS ARROW-thru-the-HEAD STAND-UP ROUTINES WERE LAFF RIOTS. HIS EARLY FILMS, LIKE http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079367/ - and http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086873/ - , WERE VERBALLY and PHYSICALLY HYSTERICAL. HIS TALENTS SEEMED ALMOST LIMITLESS...

THEN HE DID a 1991 DISNEY REMAKE of http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101862/ - and, WHEN THAT MEDIOCRE FAMILY FILM MADE ENOUGH to ENGENDER http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113041/ - , MARTIN's CAREER WENT OFF the RAILS.

FOR OVER a DECADE-and-a-HALF NOW, MARTIN HAS SADLY BEEN MORPHING into a 21st CENTURY EQUIVALENT of http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0534045/ - in THOSE ENDLESS 1960s DISNEY COMEDIES: AN AFFABLE, LAZY ACTOR WHO DOES ONLY WHAT'S REQUIRED, BRINGS ALMOST NOTHING to a ROLE, and IS STUCK in a KIND of CAREER HELL WHERE DOING MOVIES YOU KNOW SUCK KEEPS YOU RICH and FAMOUS.

MAYHAPS the ULTIMATE EXAMPLE of THIS IS http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=337&PN=1 - -- a SEQUEL ALMOST NO ONE REQUESTED, to a MOVIE ALMOST NO ONE LIKED.

NOTE to STEVE MARTIN: PLEASE, BRING the FUNNY BACK. AND, EVEN WHEN YOU WERE at YOUR BERRY FUNNIEST, YOU STILL WEREN'T in the SAME LEAGUE as http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000634/ - PLAYING CLOUSEAU... 

OKAY, EVERYONE, HERE's YOUR CHANCE to ARGUE THIS FILM DOESN'T (or DUZ) STINK LIKE a BIG, STEAMING PILE of MERDE... 

MARTIN (to himself): "Did Mr. Garcia just fart...or was that 

the sound of RAZZIE® wins yet to come??"

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Replies:
Posted By: Michaels
Date Posted: February 01 2009 at 3:39am
Be careful everyone, we don't want to encourage the wraith of ... the LA Times ... for insulting this movie! Oooooh, scary.

Posted By: SchumacherH8ter
Date Posted: February 01 2009 at 11:57pm
This looks PAINFUL! Can't be as bad as "Trail Of The Pink Panther" though.

-------------
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html

Posted By: JoeBacon
Date Posted: February 02 2009 at 4:44pm
Please, after viewing the first go round of Steve Martin debasing the role of
Clouseau--well, he managed to turn the PINK Panther into the STINK
Panther

Posted By: MiguelAntilsu
Date Posted: February 04 2009 at 4:04pm

Look at the headlines.  That shows you have no sense of humor (or a bad one if you do).

Michaels, I think you really crossed the line with that one. 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Yo, MiguelAntilsu -- To what humorless "headlines" are you referring? And WHERE did you come up with this crap about The Los Angeles Times caring what we do or don't RAZZ?? The only person at L.A.T. who even seems aware of our existance is the guy who blogs on their Gold Derby page, and he's alwaze found us funny as Hell. Please stop wasting your time (and ours) trying to defend us from imaginary enemies whose "wrath" we'd actually welcome...

-------------

Date Posted: February 05 2009 at 1:01am

Dude, there's no line to cross. You think this forum is seriously going to stop mocking bad movies just because of ONE newspaper is saying we should? The one newspaper that's probably being paid off by the studios to give the movie a good review (yes, studios DO that). Maybe we're taking a tip from Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian; that any news is good news. LA Times mentions us in their paper, people become curious, they look up our website, they like what they see, they join us, we now have new voters. Seriously, you talk about US not having a sense of humor, look in the mirror. This forum is all about tongue-in-cheek joking around and you take it like it's going to affect our lives on a personal and professional level.

-------------
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)

Date Posted: February 05 2009 at 4:21pm
The headlines I was talking about were the article you posted on this particular movie.  You can expect the box office to defeat you.  The first film came out almost exactly three years ago.  On opening weekend, it garnered $20M.  Overall, it made $82M.  I should add that this upcoming installment is expected to edge out He's Just Not That Into You by $600K.  Also, Wheel of Fortune managed to give away a prize package containing tickets to see this film and a trip to Paris.  And for you guys who think comedy is no laughing matter, you are the weakest link, goodbye!

Date Posted: February 06 2009 at 1:06am

Dude, it wouldn't be the first time a movie we have targeted did well in the box office. Remember, just because it's a hit, that doesn't mean it isn't sh*t. It will do well this first week, then drop 50% next week. 

-------------
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)

Posted By: saturnwatcher
Date Posted: February 06 2009 at 5:07am

Which, on the whole is a pretty mediocre box-office take.  The first movie did that well for two reasons: 1. Steve Martin's name and 1. the comparative lack of competition this time of year. My guess is that this one will do just about as well, and you are evidently the only person who will be impressed.

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

The headlines I was talking about were the article you posted on this particular movie.  You can expect the box office to defeat you.  The first film came out almost exactly three years ago.  On opening weekend, it garnered $20M.  Overall, it made $82M. 

Second prize was the trip, the tickets to the movie AND you had to USE the tickets to see the movie. I'm really not sure how a give away prize on WoF affirms the "quality" of this film, but it does offer the possibility that at least 2 people in Paris will go see it, which otherwise might well have been a dubious proposition. Most of the time, contestants on game shows have the option of taking the prize, or its cash equivalent. Bet me that the person who won that particular prize took the money and won't go see the movie. The real purpose of offering those kinds of prizes (which isn't unusual) is publicity. The studio gets cheap publicity for several minutes on a popular TV show, and the prize award (or its cash equivalent) is generally less expensive than buying advertising time on the same show.

Also, Wheel of Fortune managed to give away a prize package containing tickets to see this film and a trip to Paris.  And for you guys who think comedy is no laughing matter, you are the weakest link, goodbye!

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Posted By: dEd Grimley
Date Posted: February 06 2009 at 8:56am
... Dude! Please tell me someone hacked Miguel; he was never this dumb.
1 - How many times have you and everyone else on this website argued that the amount of money a movie makes doesn't mean it's good? How many remakes and horror thises and thats have been number 1 lately, and have in fact, sucked ass? Uuuuhhhh... All of them?
2 - Movie cross promotion on a game show? You think people were trying to get on the show just in time to win the marvelous $20 prize to see Pink Panther 2? Regardless of whether or this is a good movie, the fact that this is being called and unwanted sequel is pretty fair. I beg you to find me one person who saw the first one and say, "I can't wait for a sequel."
3 - No one else wants to take a crack at the "Weakest Link" joke? Remember a few years ago when Family Guy (and I know you're so terribly offended by it Miguel, but plenty of other people here like it) did that bit where Olivia the child actor is with Stewie in acting class and she says that, and it was an out of date joke THEN?

Unrelated, He's Just Not that into You is giving me nightmares. Between that and Shopaholic, I literally, honestly believe that the two worst chick flicks of all time are about to descend upon us, and Satan will look down and he will laugh, and we (men) will burn. I am so unbelievably happy to be single right now.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: February 06 2009 at 3:32pm

Well first off, I'm not offended by Family Guy (I like it and it's cleaner than South Park), and second, you don't seem to give many films a chance when it's either a sequel or it's based on something.  Do you even bother to see a film like that and least show some emotion?  If you did that, you would at least see some light in the film.  To act headstrong and uninterested at every film you go to does not make a good critic.  With this image, people are going to lose interest in you and ridicule you like you ridicule 60% of everything you see.  You mostly don't go back on first impressions, either.  Once you see a trailer and you see that it's an adaptation, a sequel, or that it has an actor you're biased towards, you assume it's bad.  Then once you see this film, you come back with an unchanged opinion.  I don't know why you do this, but it's gonna become a problem if you don't let up on some of these films.

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Yo, Miguel -- Please stop telling us how to conduct our business! From the tone of your postings, I would guess we have existed since well before you were even born -- and we have survived nearly 30 years without your presumed "widsom" as to what might happen if we do (or don't) RAZZ certain films. While you are welcome to express opinions on our Forum (as is anyone) you are NOT welcome to take a proprietary attitude as though your ideas and attitudes toward film (ideas, I might ad, that are both naive and unbending) are the ONLY valid ones.

While you may envision yourself as some kind of "savior" offering all this un-asked-for advice, as the person who created this whole thing, I gotta say: I DON'T NEED (OR WANT) YOUR PRESUMPTUOUS "HELP"...

Stick to discussing the movies -- and NOT our process, please...

-------------

Date Posted: February 07 2009 at 12:38am

Miguel, Miguel, Miguel...first of all, the majority of films released during the course of a year are never discussed on this board; negatively, positively or otherwise.

Second, and I'm really getting tired of pointing this out to you and Stallone fans, if we discuss a film prior to its release and it turns out to be good, we invariably concede the point. Will you please acknowledge that simple fact once and for all and not paint yourself into that corner again?

Third, the idea of remaking a stellar classic movie series like the original Pink Panther was incredibly retarded. The first one drew mediocre numbers at the box-office and was not terribly well received by either critics or the public. To make a sequel to a movie that shouldn't have been made in the first place and wasn't even remotely warranted or wanted by anyone, apart from those who will modestly benefit financially from it was moronic. The whole thing is a disservice to the artform and the public.

Fourth, I don't think there is a particular bias here against Steve Martin. I'm getting tired of pointing this out as well, but it has been acknowledged several times that most of us appreciate his talents as a stand up (I personally called him one of the all-time greats) and some of his original films...please reread HeadRazz's introductory comments above. However, he has a string of bad films to his credit that paints a target upon himself.

I think we are all a little sick and tired of your ongoing charges of bias, particularly against individuals who have a track record for ineptitude...If Uwe Boll makes a film there is every reason to suspect it's going to blow. If Sylvester Stallone makes a movie there is every reason to believe that it is going to be excessively violent and an assault on the sensibilities of anyone with an IQ over 70. Paris Hilton can't act. The woman couldn't express pain if you shoved a hot fire place poker up her nether orifice (for the edification of Stallone fans, that means cramming it up her wazoo). If George W. Bush makes a decision, most of us are going to get screwed sideways. It all comes down to track record, and in the words of the late Howard Cosell, "tell it like it is."

Once and for all, get a C L _ _. Wanna buy a vowel?

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Date Posted: February 07 2009 at 7:13am

What have I done?  How could I be so blind?  This whole article was a trap and I walked right into it.  I can't believe I would sink to such depths.  You know what, go ahead.  Insult it as much as you like.  I don't care about your opinions anymore.  I never intended this madness.  I didn't think that this process would run my life.  All I ever wanted was to give you some advice.  Why does nothing ever turn out like it should?  Well, what the heck!  I gave it my best shot, and what a ride it has been.  Five months of cinematic turmoil and I managed to get a kick out of kicking some of those films.  Once the awards are over, I don't plan on coming back until fate tells me to.

P.S. I think the moviegoers listened to you.  Look at the Friday numbers on Box Office Mojo.

Posted By: StinkersRule
Date Posted: February 07 2009 at 8:32am
  MERDE !! Looks like somebody read the chapter of Jimmy Norton's "I Hate Your Guts" book that mercilessly/hilariously  trashed Steve Martin's first Pink Panther abomination  ...

Date Posted: February 07 2009 at 11:44am
Even though I don't know if Miguel will get this, there is a very good reason to pre-judge sequels and remakes - they are artistic POISON. You can fall for the bells and whistles and big budgets of a guaranteed money maker, but are they making a good movie, with a point and something to say? Or are they making a movie and waiting for the money to trickle in. If you want to make a new Steve Martin movie, why not make up a new character? Oh, because then we wouldn't know what we're getting into and actually have to think about it. He's a smart guy, and he can make a good movie, but he was apparently very bored and agreed to do a sequel to a movie that he knew wasn't that great in the first place.

And why shouldn't we make fun of most movies that come out? You look at Rotten Tomatoes - when was the last time you looked at the top 10 movies on RT and saw more than TWO movies with a fresh rating? Face it, Hollywood is in a serious "Push $hit down our throats" mode because they just wanna get paid. If this were the music industry that we were talking about, it'd essentially be the latest covers of "Don't Stop Believing","Jingle Bell Rock", and "Thriller." I don't know why you feel the need to defend this morbidly corrupt industry. Now, I LOVE it when I go to see a movie and I like it, and it's good, and it makes me think. But what's the top 10 right now -
1. Taken - Ever seen Mel Gibson's "Payback"?
2. Paul Blart - Fat guy slapstick.
3. The Uninvited - the 84235349th remake of an Asian horror movie, and as its been said before, why can't we just see the original subtitled?
4. Hotel for Dogs - Animal comedy... again... I guess the Air Bud crew was too tired from making "Space Buddies"
5. Gran Torino - A movie about a guy who learns to accept differences and gang violence before dying. Note: No reference to something else, and it got a Fresh on RT.
6. Slumdog Millionaire - Rags to Riches story, but with a compelling narrative, and it's in one of the poorer regions of the world. Also a Fresh.
7. Underworld 3 - Sequel to a moderately popular franchise, which doesn't really have much to say or prove. I liked it to a point, but it was still a crap movie.
8. New in Town - ANOTHER Renee Zellwegger chick flick. I've heard it described as Bridget Jones in Minnesota. Nothing new there.
9. My Blood Valentine 3D - Well hey, at least it's a CANADIAN horror remake.
10. Inkheart - Adaptation of a recent fantasy book series. There's another genre being beaten to death.

All movies not mentioned specifically as Fresh have been Rotten.
Ok, this has gone on long enough, and is so long no one is going to read it anyway, but my final point is, you don't have to like this stuff just because it's all they're giving you. Hollywood is screwing you right now, and they're not going to get any better if we keep giving them a chance on their thoughtless patterns on what gets made. And for my money, you're better off taking a chance, like Repo! and having some people not like it, and then some people love it, but you have an original concept.

Sorry for the rant, ladies and gents!

Date Posted: February 07 2009 at 1:29pm

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

I think the moviegoers listened to you.  Look at the Friday numbers on Box Office Mojo.

"Listened to us"? Or perhaps they (unlike you) had a clue and they knew this movie shouldn't even exist, and they shouldn't be encouraging it by throwing their money at it.

PS: HeadRazz is right, after nearly 30 years, I don't think we need advice from some of who is probably half or a quarter the age of most of the members here. 

Date Posted: February 07 2009 at 2:27pm

You beat me to that one Michaels. Miguel gives us WAY WAY too much credit. The simple fact is that the percentage of movie goers out there that have ever seen or have ever read a single post on this site is negligible. The percentage of movie goers out there that even know this site exists is pretty small. So to credit or blame us for torpedoing PP2 is a magnificent example granting us powers well beyond our reach. In this case, the public reacted in pretty much the way we all figured they would; they simply rejected the opportunity to be fooled by the same stale offering twice. Lesson to Hollywood is an old one: Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me.

Or, to put it in the words of our former President: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

-------------

Date Posted: February 07 2009 at 2:47pm
I want to just elaborate a little on a theme that Ded raised a couple of posts ago. Perhaps the most creative film of 2008 was The Dark Knight. Clearly a Batman movie isn't exactly a new idea, but there were a lot of creative elements to the story...we haven't seen a Batman villain anything like Heath Ledger's Joker and the story line was interesting and fresh. It was also the largest grossing film of the year by a longshot. Hollywood can give us something new, even in the context of an old idea...but it is intellectually easier and financially safer to give us the same old crap dressed up in shiny but shoddy new clothing and I think we are all getting tired of it.

-------------

Date Posted: February 07 2009 at 10:05pm
Yea, that was the thing with the new Batmans, they're a complete retooling of a series that already existed. It's like to comic book fans, and I'm not one so I'm just going by some stuff I read, when Alan Moore redoes a comic book, and makes Superman a crackwhore or something to that effect. It's enough "new" to not be the same old thing.
And as for Heath Ledger, I, like probably many of you, thought he was the dumbest possible choice to play the joker before I'd seen the trailer. I actually thought, and perhaps still think, that Bale would've been a bad ass Joker (Not to suggest he played both roles). But yea, he really knocked it out of the park.

Posted By: SchumacherH8ter
Date Posted: February 08 2009 at 1:20pm
Wow, Miguel is worse than moviewizguy! As for this film, I'm glad about it's dismal performance at the box-office.

-------------
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html

Date Posted: February 09 2009 at 12:15pm
Actually, there is a distinct difference between moviewizguy and Miguel. MWG just has trouble comprehending the fact that some movies are bad. Miguel doesn't comprehend that we are capable of distinguishing good movies from bad ones.

-------------

Posted By: movieman
Date Posted: February 09 2009 at 2:11pm
I watched The Ruins on Cinemax, and I was all, "moviewizguy gave this movie a 9 out of 10?!"

-------------

Date Posted: February 09 2009 at 2:51pm

Yeah, saturnwatcher pretty much nailed the difference between them: MWG can't tell a good movie from a bad one, and Miguel is under the impression that we are the same way.

PS: I watched "Bowfinger" last night and as the end credits rolled, all I could think was "That's the last good, original movie Steve Martin and Eddie Murphy have done ... and it was a decade ago!"

So sad, but the movie is a funny take on what's wrong in H-Wood, which is still true to this day...

-------------

Date Posted: February 10 2009 at 9:10am
Bowfinger... Haven't seen that in a while. I remember that movie being more "laughing on the inside" funny, which can be a good thing.

Date Posted: February 14 2009 at 11:57am

This just in:

"Hollywood funnyman http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000188/ - Steve Martin has dismissed recent poor reviews of his latest Pink Panther movie - accusing film critics of "snobbery" when judging comedy films.

Martin reprised his role as Inspector Jacques Clouseau for http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0838232/ - Pink Panther 2 , but the new picture received a barrage of scathing write-ups from film journalists and took a disappointing $12 million (£8.28 million) in its opening weekend at the U.S. box office.

But Martin is adamant he doesn't take any notice of film critics, insisting they never give funny films a chance.

He says, "I have received bad reviews my whole life. I received bad reviews when I started with my stand-up act. ' http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079367/ - The Jerk ', one of my most enduring comedy films, was universally panned in America. And comedies always have to overcome critical snobbery.

"It's just the way it is. And so you go, oh, well, okay, why are these movies that you've criticised so archly still around 10 years later, 15 years later, 20 years later? It's because comedy is not a critics' medium. It just isn't."

Well, Steve, I'm glad you feel that way, because based on your choices of movies, those bad reviews will just keep on coming. But then again, don't critics love the likes of Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, and the Marx Brothers?

Date Posted: February 17 2009 at 2:23am
Sounds like a case of magnificent whining on Martin's part. Ultimately he misses a key point. Movies don't achieve immortality on the basis of critical opinion. He is correct that The Jerk wasn't well received by critics, but has established itself as something of a classic in the genre over the years. Nonetheless, sometimes critics just hate comedies because they are bad. I dare say that 50 years from now, Peter Sellers' Pink Panther moives will still be widely beloved, while Martin's recreations will serve only as an example of the failed hubris of trying to improve on something that is already just fine.

-------------

Date Posted: February 17 2009 at 2:28am
Ugh... Steve... Stevie... I understand trying to defend it to some extent so it can still make SOME money, but this is really one of those times where you just say, "No comment." The difference between The Jerk and PeePee2 is that The Jerk was an original work that found an AUDIENCE. The Pink Panther remakes kind of remind me of Brittney Spears covering Aretha Franklin songs.

Posted By: sportsartist24
Date Posted: March 08 2009 at 4:11pm
I'm not planning on seeing this movie, and I'm not going to see it at all. I would rather watch some of Steve's older films, some from the '80's, like Planes, Trains, & Automobiles and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. We can include The Jerk in there, but The Jerk came out before the '80's came.

-------------
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.

Date Posted: March 10 2009 at 7:28pm
You know what we REALLY need... A remake of The Jerk starring Ryan Reynolds...

*Welcomes the various, deserved boots to the groin*

Posted By: CriticalFrank
Date Posted: March 10 2009 at 7:32pm
The Jerk...with Ryan Reynolds... Well, it could be worse. You could have suggested Dane Cook. I think then I might actually have to gouge out my eyes...

-------------
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang

Date Posted: March 11 2009 at 2:43pm

Or even worse...Hayden Christensen in The Jerk. That looks like a RAZZIE sweep to me!

Or maybe even worse than these: Hayden Christensen, Dan Cook and Ryan Reynolds in a movie together...we have a RAZZIE contender right there.

-------------
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.

Date Posted: March 11 2009 at 3:31pm
Hayden Christensen, Dane Cook, and Ryan Reynolds in "The Three Musketeers" Featuring Larry the Cable Guy as the Villainous Cardinal de Giterdone... There we would have a mighty sweep of the Razzies, and all bad films shall be shamed by the spectacle. 

-------------

Date Posted: March 11 2009 at 8:04pm
Hayden Christian, Dane Cook, Ryan Reynolds in "3 Men and a Baby" featuring a cameo with Stallone as the baby. Directed by Seltzerberg, produced by Uwe, with a screenplay by Jerry Bruckheimer.

Date Posted: March 12 2009 at 12:40am

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Hayden Christian, Dane Cook, Ryan Reynolds in "3 Men and a Baby" featuring a cameo with Stallone as the baby. Directed by Seltzerberg, produced by Uwe, with a screenplay by Jerry Bruckheimer.

Worse: Dane Cook, Ashton Kutcher, and Johnny Knoxville in "3 Men And A Little Lady", with Suri Cruise as the "little lady". Reverse order: produced by Bruckheimer, written by Seltzerberg, and directed by Boll. Top that!

Oh wait, I can ... Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian, and Carmen Electra in a "Charlie's Angels" reboot!

Date Posted: March 12 2009 at 5:02am
*falls over, twitching and foaming at the mouth*

Truly there are some evil minds on this forum...

-------------

Date Posted: March 15 2009 at 5:13pm
The following films Steve Martin has written throughout his career: THE JERK, DEAD MEN DON'T WEAR PLAID, THE MAN WITH TWO BRAINS, THREE AMIGOS, ROXANNE, L.A. STORY, A SIMPLE TWIST OF FATE, BOWFINGER, SHOPGIRL, THE PINK PANTHER, TRAITOR (the story for that movie was based on his idea), and finally, this, THE PINK PANTHER, TOO.

-------------

Date Posted: March 16 2009 at 3:20am
Yea, all of the really bad ones have been recent.

Date Posted: March 19 2009 at 4:45pm
Both Pink Panther movies were really bad, Traitor was a bit of a disappointment as well...

-------------

Posted By: PopcornAvenger
Date Posted: April 07 2009 at 3:41am

I dunno, maybe Miguel likes either the Pink Panther genre, or Steve Martin. I can't blame him for the latter, I like Steve too. However his latest offerings have made me cringe, and say "Steve, what are you thinking?!"

Nothing wrong with being a fan of an unpopular series or star. A frequent mistake is to assume our love for it should be universal, and if you don't share it, there's something wrong with you.

I'm in the same boat - sorta - well . . . . I finally watched Halle in Catwoman.

I liked it. There, I said it.

Didn't love it, but it was okay, and not nearly as bad as it was painted. Frankly, there's far worse movies in that genre (Elektra and the last two Punishers come to mind).

I also think a line could be drawn between Halle playing Catwoman, and Steve Martin, the Inspector. I think it's roles they personally are in love with, want to play, and have enough "Hollywood Pull" to get produced - no matter what sensible folks in the industry might say. Of course they're probably surrounded by their share of "Yes Men/Women".

Their mistake is that everyone's gonna love them in those roles, too. No need for a good plot or story, either! The reviews they recieve is their reality check, and from what I saw, Halle acknowledged hers, while Steve is still in La La Land.

-------------

Date Posted: April 07 2009 at 9:39am

Originally posted by PopcornAvenger

Nothing wrong with being a fan of an unpopular series or star. A frequent mistake is to assume our love for it should be universal, and if you don't share it, there's something wrong with you.

Yes, see that is where Miguel and moviewizguy cross the line. Sure, they may like movies that we bash, but they waste their time trying to make us agree with what they think should be a universal point of view, which results in them throwing around words like "corrupt" and "idiots", in which their arguements lose all meaning by that time.

Date Posted: April 18 2009 at 3:52pm
DVD Release Date on Pink Panther 2: June 16, but I don't think anyone cares at all...

-------------

Date Posted: April 19 2009 at 12:09am
Originally posted by sportsartist24

DVD Release Date on Pink Panther 2: June 16, but I don't think anyone cares at all...

OH BOY! I'm heading out to Best Buy right now, so I can camp out and make sure I get the very fist copy! (Note: Heavy sarcasm)

-------------

Date Posted: April 22 2009 at 3:18pm
Made less than the first one, reached past only $35 million domestically. Not surprised about that, since it may look like no one really cared about this movie at all.

-------------

Date Posted: April 22 2009 at 3:25pm

Originally posted by CriticalFrank

OH BOY! I'm heading out to Best Buy right now, so I can camp out and make sure I get the very fist copy! (Note: Heavy sarcasm)

My guess is that you could wait until December and buy it for yourself for Christmas and you still have bragging rights on buying the first copy.

-------------

Date Posted: April 22 2009 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

My guess is that you could wait until December and buy it for yourself for Christmas and you still have bragging rights on buying the first copy.

But I don't celebrate that holiday, so why would I want to buy myself a gift for it? And besides, I could have already watched it a hundred times by then if I get it on release day!

-------------

Date Posted: April 23 2009 at 3:50am
Ah crap...now you aren't going to be surprised by our Release Day gift

-------------

Date Posted: April 23 2009 at 10:42am

I'm in the same boat - sorta - well . . . . I finally watched Halle in Catwoman.

I liked it. There, I said it.

Didn't love it, but it was okay, and not nearly as bad as it was painted. Frankly, there's far worse movies in that genre (Elektra and the last two Punishers come to mind).

I can see "Catwoman" as a guilty pleasure. However it was totally worthy of all the Razzies it got. "Elektra" also feel short, but was no where as bad as "CW" was. You may have seen I made a saying for movies based on how bad "CW" was. "Catwoman-ized", for movie adaptations that have little or nothing to do with the source material that the movie is suppose to be based on. The polar opposite being "the Sin City treatment", in which the movie adaptation is word for word and scene for scene indentical to the source material it's based off of.

Date Posted: April 23 2009 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

Ah crap...now you aren't going to be surprised by our Release Day gift

Aw... you were gonna get me a gift? **sniff** That's so nice of you. And I didn't get you anything... Perhaps I can get you a copy of Obsessed when it comes out on DVD? :)

-------------

Date Posted: April 24 2009 at 12:33am
Someone get me a copy of that one horror movie with Odette whatshername in it. I could watch that on mute.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: April 24 2009 at 4:44am
Odette Yustman? Background character from the movie "Cloverfield" and the star of that awful film "The Unborn?"  That Odette whatshername? or are we talking of a different Odette whatshername?

-------------

Date Posted: April 24 2009 at 6:08am
Yea, that Odette Whatshername.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: April 24 2009 at 7:35am

Yea, that Odette Whatshername.

Why waste the time on the Unborn, when you can watch Cloverfield instead? Sure not many people cared for Cloverfield, it would seem... But, it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better then the Unborn! And it has Odette in it...

But hey, I suppose I could watch The Unborn again...if I had two robot pals, and a movie theater... and perhaps if I was on a spaceship out in outerspace somewhere...

-------------

Date Posted: April 27 2009 at 4:07pm

But hey, I suppose I could watch The Unborn again...if I had two robot pals, and a movie theater... and perhaps if I was on a spaceship out in outerspace somewhere...

Most likely, that is a precise description of the special place in hell that awaits all of we, the loyal Razzie membership.

On the bright side, we'll all end up with two friends....

-------------

Date Posted: April 27 2009 at 4:40pm

Why waste the time on the Unborn, when you can watch Cloverfield instead?

Or better yet, watch "The Dark Knight", or "Pulp Fiction", or "GhostBusters", or any movie that is not "The Unborn".

Date Posted: April 27 2009 at 11:43pm
I already own Cloverfield... That's why. And I thought the post of this little side-quest was to request that someone purchase a terrible movie for us.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: April 28 2009 at 12:17am
The Dark Knight, Pulp Fiction and Ghostbusters don't have Odette in them, that's why they wouldn't work...

And if you REALLY want a copy of "The Unborn", dEd, I'll make sure to get you one. Maybe even 2, so you can have a back-up copy!

-------------

Date Posted: April 28 2009 at 12:39am
TDK had Maggie Gyllellelelelhall... She's the kinda chick I might actually date in real life, so she's no fun to pretend to date. Pulp Fiction had Uma Thurman the last time she looked really hot, so that's something... Sigorney Weaver has never really done it for me... Yea, gonna have to give a proper nod to Unborn for having Odette.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: April 28 2009 at 11:49am

TDK had Maggie Gyllellelelelhall... She's the kinda chick I might actually date in real life, so she's no fun to pretend to date. Pulp Fiction had Uma Thurman the last time she looked really hot, so that's something... Sigorney Weaver has never really done it for me... Yea, gonna have to give a proper nod to Unborn for having Odette.

Indeed. And it's pretty sad that the highest praise that can be given to "The Unborn" is having a good-looking lead actress.

Also, just since it hasn't been mentioned in a while... Pink Panther 2.

Now back to the subject of Odette. Girl really needs to pick better roles... "The Unborn" did not deserve the hotness.

-------------

Date Posted: April 29 2009 at 12:24am
Wasn't there someone hot in PP2? Beyonce or someone? I really don't feel like looking it up right now.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: April 29 2009 at 12:43am

Wasn't there someone hot in PP2? Beyonce or someone? I really don't feel like looking it up right now.

You'll have to talk to someone who actually SAW the movie for that.... That was one crap movie that I had no interest in.

-------------

Posted By: wetbandit82
Date Posted: April 29 2009 at 2:53am

Truth be told, I have a feeling exactly NO ONE went to see it; it died so quickly I have to assume no one showed up at all.  At least, though, if so that should kill off any more they were considering (although if they wanted to restart the Panther cartoon series to run before films and stick to the parameters Friz Freleng laid down, that would be just fine)

Date Posted: April 29 2009 at 6:19am
Considering the dismal numbers that the past two have gotten, I doubt they'll try again. They've gotta remake "The Birds" or something. Something else that steals the name of something else with no real connection to the original.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: April 29 2009 at 9:54am

Considering the dismal numbers that the past two have gotten, I doubt they'll try again. They've gotta remake "The Birds" or something. Something else that steals the name of something else with no real connection to the original.

Damn, I saw that at first, and my mind saw "The 'Burbs" and not "The Birds". And I got myself to thinking "Why would anyone want to remake that old Tom Hanks movie?" And then I cursed myself, because I realized now that the thought has entered my mind, Hollywood is going to snatch it up and run with it.

-------------

Date Posted: April 29 2009 at 12:15pm
I could seriously see them trying to remake The Burbs... and maybe even What About Bob? starring Rob Schneider.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: April 29 2009 at 1:46pm

TDK had Maggie Gyllellelelelhall

Well then forget Odette and "TDK" and watch Maggie G. in "Secretary", "Sherry Baby" and/or the HBO movie "Strip Search". Not only is her acting amazing in all three, but she gets quite naked in all three. And by "quite", I mean completely.

Date Posted: April 30 2009 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Michaels

Well then forget Odette and "TDK" and watch Maggie G. in "Secretary", "Sherry Baby" and/or the HBO movie "Strip Search". Not only is her acting amazing in all three, but she gets quite naked in all three. And by "quite", I mean completely.

If I were to look for a movie with Maggie in it, I'd go for The Dark Knight, or Donnie Darko. No nudity, but I don't need nudity to find enjoyment in a film.

-------------

Posted By: Razzilla
Date Posted: May 04 2009 at 3:06am

2 - Movie cross promotion on a game show? You think people were trying to get on the show just in time to win the marvelous $20 prize to see Pink Panther 2? Regardless of whether or this is a good movie, the fact that this is being called and unwanted sequel is pretty fair. I beg you to find me one person who saw the first one and say, "I can't wait for a sequel."

There may be a few problems with this one...

FIRST...they have to get him out of his padded cell...
TWO...they have to remove his straitjacket...
THREE...they have to take him off his medication...
FOUR...the doctors just found out that the lobotomy failed...

-------------
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...

Date Posted: May 04 2009 at 3:34am

Originally posted by Razzilla

There may be a few problems with this one...

FIRST...they have to get him out of his padded cell...
TWO...they have to remove his straitjacket...
THREE...they have to take him off his medication...
FOUR...the doctors just found out that the lobotomy failed...

But what if he was never put on the meds in the first place? And truthfully, I think a failed lobotomy would have been a reason NOT to want a sequel, while a successful lobotomy would be cause to want a sequel.

-------------

Date Posted: May 07 2009 at 11:52pm

Maggie never did it for me. I think she's definitely got more acting chops than Katie, but sexy? Oddly, I did see "Sherry Baby", and never connected the dots . . . .

Sigorney is hot. Just something about tuff wummen . . . .

If I want the hottness, I'll just slap in my favorite guilty pleasure, Charlie's Angels - Full Throttle". I swear, Cameron's @$$ must be a muppet controlled off-camera . . . . or an alien.  

-------------

Date Posted: May 08 2009 at 1:09am

If I want the hottness, I'll just slap in my favorite guilty pleasure, Charlie's Angels - Full Throttle". I swear, Cameron's @$$ must be a muppet controlled off-camera . . . . or an alien.  

Oh yes, Sigorney and the infamous underwear scene from "Alien". As for guilty pleasure, "Bring It On", the first movie. Light and fluffy, but short, sweet and to the point.

Date Posted: May 08 2009 at 5:00am
Originally posted by Michaels

Oh yes, Sigorney and the infamous underwear scene from "Alien". As for guilty pleasure, "Bring It On", the first movie. Light and fluffy, but short, sweet and to the point.

Ok, I can see Bring it on as a guilty pleasure. Kirsten Dunst, and Eliza Dushku... Lots of guilty pleasures right there indeed.

But Charlie's Angels? There was pleasure even of the guilty variety there? There must be some sort of masochism there... Pain is pleasure type of stuff, because I swear that movie causes physical pain...

-------------

Date Posted: May 19 2009 at 2:28pm

Ok, I can see Bring it on as a guilty pleasure. Kirsten Dunst, and Eliza Dushku... Lots of guilty pleasures right there indeed.

But Charlie's Angels? There was pleasure even of the guilty variety there? There must be some sort of masochism there... Pain is pleasure type of stuff, because I swear that movie causes physical pain...

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one. For m'self, I don't think Maggie is very sexy and I didn't care for Sherry Baby. Cameron is just one of those babes that I'd watch in anything, due to sheer unbridled lust.

NOW, if was she co-starring in a new film with Will Ferrell . . I'd probably explode from the conflict, like mixing matter and anti-matter.

-------------

Date Posted: May 19 2009 at 2:35pm
Ulgh... Haven't been able to get into anything Cameron Diaz since The Mask.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: May 19 2009 at 2:36pm
In Her Shoes wasn't bad.

-------------

Date Posted: May 19 2009 at 3:23pm
I'm gonna have to side with dEd on this one...  Cameron Diaz is over-rated... Putting her in a movie with Will Ferrell would cause no problems for me... I'd be avoiding it either way.

-------------

Date Posted: May 20 2009 at 1:26am
Oh Will Ferrell... How the mighty have fallen... He'll probably end up starring in "The Pink Panther Also Too Again"

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: May 20 2009 at 4:01am
Will Ferrell needs to just go back to Saturday Night Live. He is much more bearable in 7 minute skits, rather then 2 hour movies.

-------------

Date Posted: May 20 2009 at 7:44am
I'm still quite a fan of Anchorman, but then, my life is practically living that movie.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: May 20 2009 at 4:37pm
I still don't see why people liked Anchorman. I couldn't stand the movie... Maybe my brain is wired wrong...

-------------

Date Posted: May 20 2009 at 5:24pm

Will Ferrell needs to just go back to Saturday Night Live. He is much more bearable in 7 minute skits, rather then 2 hour movies.

That's the problem with SNL skits become movies. SNL's jokes are only funny for so many minutes, but over 90 or 120 minutes is too much.

Date Posted: May 21 2009 at 3:03am
I think the first Wayne's World might have been the closest SNL has come to a successful skit-turned-movie....

-------------

Date Posted: May 21 2009 at 8:06am

I think the first Wayne's World might have been the closest SNL has come to a successful skit-turned-movie....

Yep, it was the only SNL movie to have a sequel, so it was the closest thing to a successful and funny skit movie. But they haven't done anything good since.

Date Posted: May 21 2009 at 4:36pm
Yeah, I've tried to think of another SNL movie that was even close to fun, and I am coming up empty... I think Wayne's World will forever hold the title of Best SNL-based Movie.

-------------

Date Posted: May 23 2009 at 1:43am

I still don't see why people liked Anchorman. I couldn't stand the movie... Maybe my brain is wired wrong...

If you knew anchormen, it's funnier. Scary accurate at times.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: May 23 2009 at 6:34am
Nope, never met any Anchormen in my life. I've met some people who have been on the news, though... Does that count?

-------------

Date Posted: May 23 2009 at 10:27pm
It's not quite the same. When you hear an anchorman spouting gibberish like that as soon as he gets off camera...

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: May 23 2009 at 10:40pm
If I want to hear someone spouting Gibberish, all I have to do is talk to some of my Third Shift co-workers... They speak gibberish quite fluently.

-------------

Date Posted: May 24 2009 at 12:31am
It's just funnier when someone goes from "And he was slowly devoured by cannibals from the Ozarks. We'll be right back.... DOOOOPACHUPACHUPACHUUUUUUuuuu"

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Posted By: GTAHater767
Date Posted: January 18 2010 at 7:56pm
I know this topic hasn't been posted in for a while, but...

The SOLE thing I liked about the first Pink Panther movie was the line, "I haav...in my pokkit...a caauple of dambagat!" I compared it with the other RAZZIE nominated films for 2006 and determined it to be the 18th worst of them.

Then there's the sequel. It deserves a nomination for Worst Picture, but All About Steve deserves to "win". TPP2 deserves Worst Prequel, Sequel, Remake, or Rip-Off though.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window