Print Page | Close Window

Eff-U-2, Movie-Makers...

Printed From: Official RAZZIEŽ Forum
Category: FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES
Forum Name: FIRED UP (aka F.U.)
Forum Discription: Oh, Yeah -- F.U. Right Back Atya, Hollywood!!
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3474
Printed Date: July 22 2014 at 10:52pm


Topic: Eff-U-2, Movie-Makers...
Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Subject: Eff-U-2, Movie-Makers...
Date Posted: February 14 2009 at 10:27am

IN a WAY, THIS FILM's "SHORT TITLE" SEZ WHAT HOLLYWOOD's BEEN SAYING to MOVIE-GOERS with ITS LAUGH-FREE COMEDIES for YEARS: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=340&PN=1 - F.U.

CO-STARRING HALF of a WORST SCREEN COUPLE NOMINEE from the INEXCUSABLY LAME 2003 WORST SEQUEL NOMINEE http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0329028/awards - DUMB & DUMBERER , THIS ONE LOOKS LIKE the ULTIMATE PAINT-by-NUMBERS "TEEN COMEDY." TAKE TWO BONE-HEADED HUNKS, SURROUND THEM WITH BODACIOUS CHEERLEADERS, COME UP with EXCUSES for THEM ALL to GET WET, NAKED (OR BOTH) and...VOILA! YOU HAVE 90 MINUTES of SURE-to-MAKE-a-FAST-BUCK COMIC HI-LARITY...

WE'RE NOT BUYING...and NEITHER SHOULD YOU.

BUT WE DO ENCOURAGE YOU to TAKE PART in OUR ANTI-CHEER for THIS TOO-DUMB-to-BE-BELIEVED, LAZY-ASS EFFORT: "TWO BITS, FOUR BITS, SIX BITS a DOLLAR -- BET THIS WASN'T WORKED on by ANY KINDA SCHOLAR!"  

DIRECTOR: "Wait a second -- Aren't you that horrible actor who was RAZZIE-nominated for one of the WORST sequels ever made...DUMB & DUMBERER??"

OTHER ACTOR (Laughing): "BUSTED!!"



-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry



Replies:
Posted By: Michaels
Date Posted: February 14 2009 at 12:04pm
Take note, the "Dumb & Dumberer" star in question was also in the Razzie Worst Movie of the Weak of three years ago, "BeerFest". I'm not going to pick on this movie too much, because I'll take a harmless teen comedy over a bloody and gory remake of a 30 year old horror movie anyday. Now, whether or not it will be funny, that's up in the air. Although I do like the "Oh, hi Dick". "My name is Rick". "Oh, sorry, but you look like a Dick to me". exchange gets a little chuckle out of me. But one chuckle a great comedy doesn't make.


Posted By: movieman
Date Posted: February 15 2009 at 12:19pm
I disagree, I think this one looks like it could be the next Bring it On.


Posted By: moviewizguy
Date Posted: February 15 2009 at 12:40pm

A lot of people laughed during the trailer when I saw this in theaters.



Posted By: Michaels
Date Posted: February 15 2009 at 5:59pm

Oh, I agree, this might as well be titled "Bring It On 5", but I doubt it's going to be a success at the box office or get a single nod for a Razzie. Now, "Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li", there's a movie that should have a place in this forum. Poor Kristin Kreuk, a beautiful young woman who chooses the ugliest projects to work on.

Originally posted by movieman

I disagree, I think this one looks like it could be the next Bring it On.

 



-------------
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)


Posted By: ITbeast
Date Posted: February 19 2009 at 6:59am
Originally posted by moviewizguy

A lot of people laughed during the trailer when I saw this in theaters.

The sad thing about these type of movies is the trailers are usually the only best thing about them, the biggest example is "Nacho Libre". The trailer was Hilarius but the movie was the biggest wast of my time and money witch I will never got neither of back.



-------------
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger


Posted By: ITbeast
Date Posted: February 19 2009 at 7:16am

I agree, I'm surprised HeadRAZZ has not posted it in this forum yet. Especially since the first one was not that memorable to generate a sequel/retelling in the 1st place. My question is will they ever make a decent Video game Movie? 

Originally posted by Michaels

Oh, I agree, this might as well be titled "Bring It On 5", but I doubt it's going to be a success at the box office or get a single nod for a Razzie. Now, "Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li", there's a movie that should have a place in this forum. Poor Kristin Kreuk, a beautiful young woman who chooses the ugliest projects to work on.

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Gize -- Calm down. STREET-FIGHTER doesn't open 'till Feb. 27th and may (or may not) be NEXT week's Worst of the Weak choice...

RESPONSE to Head RAZZberry: Sorry, I guess I have been hanging around Moviewizguy to long and blogged before I "cooled down"



-------------
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger


Posted By: MiguelAntilsu
Date Posted: February 19 2009 at 12:15pm
And what about that unnecessary Jonas Brothers Concert film?


Posted By: dEd Grimley
Date Posted: February 19 2009 at 3:44pm
I liked BeerFest at least. That's about the best thing I can say for Fired Up.


Posted By: jb razz
Date Posted: February 19 2009 at 11:56pm
The thing that bothers me the most about this movie the two main guys
who are supposed to be high schoolers are played by a 31 year old and a 28
year old. I know Hollywood has a reputation for casting 20 somethings as
high schoolers but this is ridiculous. They look way too old to pass off as
high schoolers. And it is kind of creepy having these two older guys at a
camp full of younger girls.


Posted By: Michaels
Date Posted: February 20 2009 at 12:29am

Originally posted by jb razz

The thing that bothers me the most about this movie the two main guys
who are supposed to be high schoolers are played by a 31 year old and a 28
year old. I know Hollywood has a reputation for casting 20 somethings as
high schoolers but this is ridiculous. They look way too old to pass off as
high schoolers. And it is kind of creepy having these two older guys at a
camp full of younger girls.

Very true, you would think in this day and age of Disney making "stars" out of every junior high school girl (or boy) they can find, H-Wood would be able to hire some of these actual teenagers to play teenagers (granted, they still wouldn't be talented, but at least they would be acting their age). I thought the 20-30 year olds playing teenagers thing died with the original "90210".



Posted By: RoadDogXVIII
Date Posted: February 20 2009 at 4:55am
Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

And what about that unnecessary Jonas Brothers Concert film?


Even if HeadRAZZ had the big and juicy balls to expose High School Musical as a piece of garbage (folks, go to YouTube and search anything regarding Anti-High School Musical, and you'll find your opinions match the makers of the videos), I don't know about the JoBros. I mean, College Road Trip was a widely panned film, and HeadRAZZ seemed to have skipped over that one (Raven-Symone's another aggravating actress alongside Brenda Song and Miley Cyrus).

But if HSM3 got a forum, then maybe HeadRAZZ can finally be fully ready to attack all these overrated fads. Hell, if I watch that Hannah Montana trailer, then I'll have commited penile suicide. Miguel, as I said, you are NOT alone in your distaste for Disney. Check out the vids on YouTube, read the negative reviews for HSM on Amazon or IMDB, and roll up a fat one as you laugh.


-------------
You think you know, but you have no idea.


Posted By: ZookGuy
Date Posted: February 20 2009 at 7:37am
Originally posted by jb razz

The thing that bothers me the most about this movie the
two main guys
who are supposed to be high schoolers are played by a 31 year old and a 28
year old. I know Hollywood has a reputation for casting 20 somethings as
high schoolers but this is ridiculous. They look way too old to pass off as
high schoolers. And it is kind of creepy having these two older guys at a
camp full of younger girls.


Alan Rickman, who played Cameron in Ferris Buellers Day Off, was 30 when
he accepted that roll, the difference between FU and FBDO is that Bueller
was actually FUNNY and ORIGINAL.   


Posted By: Michaels
Date Posted: February 20 2009 at 10:26am

Originally posted by ZookGuy


Alan Rickman, who played Cameron in Ferris Buellers Day Off, was 30 when
he accepted that roll, the difference between FU and FBDO is that Bueller
was actually FUNNY and ORIGINAL.   

"Bueller" is nothing short of the greatest teen comedy movie ever.



Posted By: dEd Grimley
Date Posted: February 20 2009 at 3:33pm
It's actually Alan Ruck, Alan Rickman is Professor Snape and other pretentious British-y characters. (Damn good actor)


Posted By: sportsartist24
Date Posted: February 21 2009 at 5:20pm

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

It's actually Alan Ruck, Alan Rickman is Professor Snape and other pretentious British-y characters. (Damn good actor)

That's correct! If no one's ever heard of Alan Ruck, well, I can give you another tip of a couple other projects he did: Spin City (TV Series), and the RAZZIE nominated Star Trek: Generations in the first part of the movie as Captain John Harriman, the captain of the USS Enterprise-B. He was also in Kickin' It Old School as well, plus the RAZZIE winning film Twister, and most recently, Ghost Town.



-------------
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.


Posted By: Michaels
Date Posted: February 22 2009 at 4:50am

Originally posted by sportsartist24

That's correct! If no one's ever heard of Alan Ruck, well, I can give you another tip of a couple other projects he did: Spin City (TV Series), and the RAZZIE nominated Star Trek: Generations in the first part of the movie as Captain John Harriman, the captain of the USS Enterprise-B. He was also in Kickin' It Old School as well, plus the RAZZIE winning film Twister, and most recently, Ghost Town.

I think he was also the school principal in "The Happening". Seems like his choice in movie roles are hit and miss as well.



Posted By: dEd Grimley
Date Posted: February 24 2009 at 4:50am
I just saw him in Scrubs the other day (for the 89236498908680-4580-6489045th time I've seen that episode) as a patient who sues Eliot because she told him he had 8 months to live, and 9 months later she was talking to him about his recovery. Yea, he's had a ton of little bitty stuff.


Posted By: kelemenmarc
Date Posted: August 18 2009 at 3:39pm
For your RAZZIE Consideration:

Worst Lead Actor:
Eric Christian Olsen
Worst Supporting Actor:
David Walton
Worst Screen Couple:
Eric Christian Olsen & Nicholas D'Agosto
Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel




-------------
FYC:
Worst Movie: The Bounty Hunter
Worst Actor: Johnny Depp (Alice in Wonderland / The Tourist)


Posted By: Gregory
Date Posted: December 19 2009 at 11:45am

D'Agosto and Olsen seem really fond of awful movies, they both have movies next year that look as bad as Fired Up. D'Agosto has Mardi Grass (February), co-starring Carmen Electra, and Olsen has The Back-up Plan (April) with Jennifer Lopez.



Posted By: Michaels
Date Posted: December 19 2009 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Gregory

D'Agosto and Olsen seem really fond of awful movies, they both have movies next year that look as bad as Fired Up. D'Agosto has Mardi Grass (February), co-starring Carmen Electra, and Olsen has The Back-up Plan (April) with Jennifer Lopez.

Well, they are working class actors and they have to eat sometime, so chances are they agree to whatever scripts come their way, no matter how bad they are.



Posted By: dEd Grimley
Date Posted: December 21 2009 at 3:27pm
OK, so here's the deal guys... I did this for you with a full quarter of my a$$... I tried watching this, because it was on On Demand for free... I fell asleep though, very, very shortly into it. Every single joke that I heard, at least, revolved around the whole "guys trying to get chicks" schtick... and that's... really... it.
Once again, I, along with probably the vast majority of you, accurately predicted this one.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-


Posted By: GTAHater767
Date Posted: January 23 2010 at 10:28pm

I wish this would've had some chance at Worst Director for Will Gluck...



-------------
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Jly 25; Ratner's Hercules, Besson's Lucy. Ags 8; TMNT '014. Ags 13; Let's Be Cops. Ags 15; The Giver, The Expendables 3. Ags 29; Jessabelle


Posted By: Michaels
Date Posted: January 24 2010 at 7:43am
I don't recall "Fired Up" appearing alot on the ballot. It's a typical sex comedy, nothing really worth razzing until the next sex comedy comes out.


Posted By: Vits
Date Posted: April 01 2010 at 11:48am
This is one of my guilty pleasures:I laughed watchin'it,knowin'it was bad.

It has bad directing(ev'rythin'was too rushed)and writing(those 2 get away with it?!).The actors are good improvisin',but they're not very good in general.They look uncomfortable all the time(and I don't think it was for acceptin'their roles here),specially Eric Christian Olsen.I used to think Sarah Roemer was Blake Lively 2.0 for how they look alike,but now I know she is'cuz they act the same...which isn't good.You know what?Her+Nicholas D'Agosto's hair bein'similar to Justin Long+E.C.O.'s character's personality bein'similar to Jonah Hill=A remake of ACCEPTED(2006).
Originally posted by Michaels

Very true, you would think in this day and age of Disney making "stars" out of every junior high school girl (or boy) they can find, H-Wood would be able to hire some of these actual teenagers to play teenagers (granted, they still wouldn't be talented, but at least they would be acting their age). I thought the 20-30 year olds playing teenagers thing died with the original "90210".
You know how hard is to find a lot of underage actors that can ad-lib?Well,be good at it?They were lucky gettin'Juliette Goglia.


-------------
You can follow me http://www.twitter.com/@Vits_Chile - @Vits_Chile


Posted By: BurnHollywoodBurn
Date Posted: April 01 2010 at 7:43pm
Hey, whatever man. It's meant to be a guilty pleasure.

-------------
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.


Posted By: Vits
Date Posted: November 03 2010 at 2:43pm
I gave this 4/10.

-------------
You can follow me http://www.twitter.com/@Vits_Chile - @Vits_Chile



Print Page | Close Window